Don't break family ties.

abu_tamim

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Verily Allah created the universe and when He had finished that, ties of relationship came forward and said This is the place for him who seeks refuge from severing (of blood-relationship). He said: Yes. Are you not satisfied that I should keep relationship with one who joins your ties of relationship and sever it with one who severs your (ties of relationship)? They (the ties of blood) said: Certainly so. Thereupon He said: Well, that is how things are for you. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) then said: Recite if you like:" But if you turn away you are sure to make mischief in the land and cut off the ties of kinship. Those it is whom Allah has cursed, so He has made them deaf and blinded their eyes. Do they not reflect on the Qur'an? Or, are there locks on their hearts?".

'A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The tie of kinship is suspended to the Throne and says: He who unites me Allah would unite him and he who severed me Allah would sever him.

Jubair b. Mut'im reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The severer would not enter Paradise. Ibn Umar said that Sufyan (explained it as): One who severs the tie of kinship would not enter Paradise.

Jubair b. Mutlim reported that his father narrated to him that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The severer of the tie of kinship would not get into Paradise.

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zuhri with the same chain of transmitters.

Anas b. Malik reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who is desirous that his means of sustenance should be expanded for him or his age may be lengthened, should join the tie of relationship.

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who likes that his sustenance should be expanded and his age may be lengthened should join the tie of kinship.

Abu Huraira reported that a person said: Allah's Messenger, I have relatives with whom I try, to have close relationship, but they sever (this relation). I treat them well, but they treat me ill. I am sweet to them but they are harsh towards me. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) said: If it is so as you say, then you in fact throw hot ashes (upon their faces) and there would always remain with you on behalf of Allah (an Angel to support you) who would keep you dominant over them so long as you adhere to this (path of righteousness).

All ahadith from Sahih Muslim.
:wasalam:

twas19

MashAllah i am so glad that i found such a beautiful peace of information akhi thankyou so much for posting i am keeping this thread

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
wonderful thread Alhamdulillah.

But Akhi, it would sound noce if you can provide us with the reference number..

by the way, I remember a hadith in which it is mentioned that when the deeds of a believer is taken up to Allah (SWT) on Mondays and Thursdays, if there is a person who breaks the ties of the blood relationship, then his deeds are not taken to Allah....

I will be thankful is some body can find the reference number of this hadith and bring it over here Insha Allah...

plzzz

abu_tamim

wonderful thread Alhamdulillah.

But Akhi, it would sound noce if you can provide us with the reference number..

by the way, I remember a hadith in which it is mentioned that when the deeds of a believer is taken up to Allah (SWT) on Mondays and Thursdays, if there is a person who breaks the ties of the blood relationship, then his deeds are not taken to Allah....

I will be thankful is some body can find the reference number of this hadith and bring it over here Insha Allah...

plzzz

:salam2:

See this link to my blog which gives the chapter. From there you can get the numbers. I removed the numbers to make the post less bulky. :wasalam:
http://drabutamim.blogspot.com/2011/06/3-days-is-limit.html

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
This is relevant for me right now as I struggle with how and when to tell my own family about my conversion to Islam. I don't know how they will react, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a good reaction. I'm taking my time with it though, trying to learn more about Islam and trying to become a better person, inshallah.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Baraak Allah feekh dear brother for sharing with us this beautiful remainder.

It is remainding us on the beauty of our deen Islaam which is teaching us of special care toward our family relatives.

May Allah give us hidayah in everything that we do and soften our hearts toward others.

abu_tamim

Baraak Allah feekh dear brother for sharing with us this beautiful remainder.

It is remainding us on the beauty of our deen Islaam which is teaching us of special care toward our family relatives.

May Allah give us hidayah in everything that we do and soften our hearts toward others.

Jazakallah sister.
May Allah join all the broken hearts of the Muslims.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
This is relevant for me right now as I struggle with how and when to tell my own family about my conversion to Islam. I don't know how they will react, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a good reaction. I'm taking my time with it though, trying to learn more about Islam and trying to become a better person, inshallah.

May Allaah ease, aid and help you throughout your journey. Ameen.

. . and to all of us too.

Some people face trials from their environment, from the people around them while some are tested with their own bad desires (mujahadaah al-nafs). We have faced and are going through different kind of tests and calamities but at the end of the day, Allaah's promise to the believers never fail to boost up our strengths and imaan!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
May Allaah ease, aid and help you throughout your journey. Ameen.

. . and to all of us too.

Some people face trials from their environment, from the people around them while some are tested with their own bad desires (mujahadaah al-nafs). We have faced and are going through different kind of tests and calamities but at the end of the day, Allaah's promise to the believers never fail to boost up our strengths and imaan!

Well nobody ever said it was easy, did they? No, this is a true test of my faith and of my character, and I must succeed. I cannot go back now, not after all I've been through to get this far.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

I just want to say Jazakalaah Kheyr for posting about this specific topic. I honestly don't think it's discussed enough in masjids, and Islamic events. Many people have family issues and do not talk to their family members at all for years and years over some problems or simply because they don't know each other. Myself, I come from a large family and I don't know most of them and don't keep contact with them, and it's something that's always on my mind and which worries me as well. I just don't know how to communicate with people who I really don't know, or who don't even want to have a relationship with me, and who don't put any effort into it. We are humans at the end of the day, if I try once, twice, or three times, I will eventually give up and think what's the point in me trying so hard if they are not even trying to have a relationship or even keep contact with me. One person cannot keep reaching out to someone who just doesn't care, so are we going to get punished by Allah for something that's out of our control? I really hope not!:girl3:

May Allah forgive our mistakes, and put love and mercy between us and our relatives, friends and neighbors...Allahuma Amin.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
This brings up an issue I have. Am I going to be punished if I don't tell my family about my conversion because I am afraid of how they will react?

abu_tamim

This brings up an issue I have. Am I going to be punished if I don't tell my family about my conversion because I am afraid of how they will react?

No brother,not at all. You can hide your reversion till such a time that it becomes safe to inform those around you about it.:wasalam:

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
No brother,not at all. You can hide your reversion till such a time that it becomes safe to inform those around you about it.:wasalam:

Good. I want to learn more about Islam and become a better Muslim and a better man. Then I will show the world through my deeds and my words what Islam really is about.

etoile_de_mer

jazakAllahu Khayran for this nice post
in fact brother i appreciate ur posts a lot..May Allah(SWT) reward u in this dunya and in the akhirah,..ameen
u r from india...and i have been there 3 times..and i can say that u seem a rightly guided muslim...1 in a million..there in india...i hope Allah(SWT) give u strength to do dawah to our muslims brothers and sisters.
while i was there in india i saw a lot of muslims behaving like the hindus and praying to graves and watching a lot of bollywood movies.
i think there is a lot of work to be done..to educate the muslim ummah not just in india..everywhere in the world..
and i think u are doing a marvellous job.keep it up!