I am a Christian but I am interested in Islam and converting to Islam

truthseeker63

I am a Christian but I am interested in Islam and converting to Islam I am 23 years old male caucasian with some native american/american indian ancestry I don't think my ancestry matters but I don't see very many caucasians who are Muslims I just thought I would ask I don't want to sound racist I love all races and all skin colors all races are equal I live in the United States and would love to go to a Mosque but I am disabled/handicapped I have Asperger's syndrome I know I have the desire to become a Muslim but I don't drive a car therefor I would have to find a way to get to a Mosque the reason I don't want to be a Christian is because I find it hard to believe in.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh brother.

First of all brother, if you want to become Muslim, then you must first be a Mumin (someone who has Iman, or Correct and Sound Beleif); you must beleive that Allah (SWT) is the sole Judge and Ruler, and that as a Muslim, you MUST try your best to obey him.

And, you also must beleive that Muhammad (SAW) is the FINAL messenger/prophet of Allah (SWT) (that NO OTHER new prophet will come after him), and that the way of him and his companions is the way that you should live your life by. And also, you must beleive that it is compulsary to obey him also, because Allah (SWT) used him to convey His Orders and His Rule to the people on the Earth.

After that, say these words:

"Ash-hadu an-Laa ilaaha illa Allah, wa Ash-hadu anna Muhamadar Rasool Allah."

"I testify (with conviction) that there is no Ilaah (god/Diety/Object/Being) who is worthy of being Worshipped except Allah (The Creator and Sole King of all Creation), and that Muhammad (the son of Abdullah) is the (final) Prophet of Allah."

Say the above with firm conviction in your heart, and then you have become a Mumin (someone who has Iman, correct and sound Beleif in Allah and His Messenger Muhammad), and also brother, if you live and die upon this Beleif/Statement, then Paradise will be made compulsary upon you (by Allah's mercy).

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Now as for being a Muslim, then that's the next step (after becoming a Mumin).

Now brother, there are two important words you will need to know.

Islam, and Istis-laam

Islam-(a noun), referrs to a way of Life (a way of life in which one does their best to live upon the orders of Allah (S.W.T.) and his Rasul (messenger) Muhammad S.A.W.).

Istis-laam (spelt Istislam actually)-It is a verb, and it referrs to the action of Submitting, Devoting, and Obeying Allah (SWT)'s Orders with Sincerity.

For a person to become a genuine Muslim, they must try THEIR BEST to be obedient to Allah (SWT), and whenever they fall short of obeying Him (or if they commit any sins), then they sincerely ask for His Forgiveness and Mercy.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Peace be on you dear brother and may Allah (the creator of everything) guide you and us all to the right path. I am very happy that you found your way to searching and finally considering Islam as your way of life. I pray that you succeed in your efforts. I also pray that Allah grant you rewards for the difficulties you are facing with your illness.

You are our brother in humanity and can't wait to become our brother in faith. I like your belief in the equality of human race as this is one of the basic teachings of Islam. Our God is one, we face the same direction for worship and we are all brothers.

You are most welcome and hope you benefit from your time here.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Also brother, one of the first duties that a Muslim has (after testifying that none deserves to be Worshipped or Exclusively Obeyed but Allah, and that Muhamamd (SAW) is his Final Messenger) is to perfom Salat.

Salat can be translated into "prayer," but it is actually more than that. A "prayer" usually reffers to one someone requests/asks Allah (SWT) for something (in Islam, we use the word, Dwa (Dua), or Supplication).

But Salat is not only a "prayer," but it is an act of Worship. And Allah has commanded the Beleivers (the Mumin) to establish the Salat 5x a day.

The Salat basically has a few parts to it (I'm just summarizing it):

1.) Preparation (before the Salat, like wearing clothes which are not impure; to face the direction of the Kabah in Mecca, etc.)

2.) The Actions inside the Salat, like fore example:

1.) Takbir Tahreema-(To Stand up and) Start the Salat by saying Allahu Akbar (out loud) and raising the hands till they are at level to the ears (with the fingers point up, and the palms facing the Qibla, or the direction of the Kabah/Mecca).

2.) Qiyaam-This action is when one is standing (after the Takbir Tahreema) and when they recite verses from the Quran.

3.) Ruku-After the person has finished reciting verses from the Quran, they then go into Ruku, or bowing (as an act of Respecting, Submitting, and Humbling oneself "before Allah").

4.) Sajdah-this is when one goes into Prostration (when they put their forehead down on the floor). By doing this, (a Mumin) shows that he understands that Allah is the only one that deserves to be Worshipped, Prostrated towards, and that he deserves to be Exclusively Obeyed (above all).

5.) Tashahood/Sitting-During this time, the person recites the Testification, and they also ask Allah to bless the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

6.) Salam-This is the last part of the prayer. It is when a person turns their head to the right and left, saying "Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullah" on both sides, and then after that, their prayer is done.

Please refer to this :- http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray1

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Hey man! Salaam alaykum!

My husband has Aspergers too!

Anyway, you're right, race has nothing to do with Islam! I can understand your woes of not being able to go to a Masjid due to transportation. I'm in America and we have little public transport outside of major capitals and for me getting to a Mosque is a long, hard, over 1 hour drive.

You may want to see if a local Masjid produces videos for the internet. I live in Georgia, and 2 Masjids in Atlanta put their khutbah's (sermons) on the internet for all to see!

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam-o-alikum Brother,

Welcome to the true religion of the creator of the heavans and the earth, Islam.

Brother if you need help in visiting a mosque then call 1-877-WHY-ISLAM.
Someone InshaAllah will help you and arrange a visit to the nearest mosque. They are in many states, so maybe they are in your state also.

When you call, tell them about your condition too.

You can also visit their website: http://whyislam.org/

Hope this may also help you InshaAllah in knowing if other Muslim brothers live around your area.
Wassalam.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I am a Christian but I am interested in Islam and converting to Islam I am 23 years old male caucasian with some native american/american indian ancestry I don't think my ancestry matters but I don't see very many caucasians who are Muslims I just thought I would ask I don't want to sound racist I love all races and all skin colors all races are equal I live in the United States and would love to go to a Mosque but I am disabled/handicapped I have Asperger's syndrome I know I have the desire to become a Muslim but I don't drive a car therefor I would have to find a way to get to a Mosque the reason I don't want to be a Christian is because I find it hard to believe in.

hello there,

I dont know, as I read your post...I had this smile on my face. There is something about your post that is positive and touches the hearts...I just cant pin point it. Anywho, I wanted to say there are PLENTY caucasians who are Muslims.... You just havent met them yet. But I wanted to say that it does not really matter what color you're...at the end, you and everyone else is just a human. We all breath the same air :) dont let your disability stop you brother.....you can thrive in a community and have great discussion about religion with people of all faiths. Muslims are generally welcoming, I bet you'd love it if you visited a mosque. Ramadan is around the corner, so maybe have a visit during the blessed month :) just call ahead.......you'll be fine insha'Allah (God willing).

Enjoy your staY!

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

May Allah (SWT) rapid your journey towards Islam,the only absolute truth.

And above all being divine decree racism in Islam,impossible. It is He who created Caucasoids,Negroids, Mongoloids or else,than will He discriminate amongst them?.

Regards.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother, Islam has no colour. Allah made us into different colour for reasons as you find in some of the verses below:

And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge. [Ar-Rum, 30:22]

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. [Al-Hujurat, 49:13]

You and I maybe from different colour but we all are equal in front of Allah. The best among human being is Muslims. The best among the Muslims is, as mentioned in the following verse:

Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you [Al-Hujurat, 49:13]

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
May Allah Azzawajal open up your ways and make your tasks easy for you my brother..
Aameen..

May the peace of Almighty God be upon you..

truthseeker63

Hey man! Salaam alaykum!

Anyway, you're right, race has nothing to do with Islam! I can understand your woes of not being able to go to a Masjid due to transportation. I'm in America and we have little public transport outside of major capitals and for me getting to a Mosque is a long, hard, over 1 hour drive.

You may want to see if a local Masjid produces videos for the internet. I live in Georgia, and 2 Masjids in Atlanta put their khutbah's (sermons) on the internet for all to see!

Hey man! Salaam alaykum!

As Salamu Alaykum my question for you if you don't mind is do you have Aspergers too or just you're
husband thank you ?