Going to school (Riba/interest)

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Salamu alaiakum wa rahmatullah..
Hope you guys are doing well..

Guys I am a 20 year old Brother. I live in Toronto Canada (The west) .. I have been Muslims for a little more then 2 years, wa lillahi Hamd.
I am trying to follow the laws ordained by Allah ta'ala .. I want to follow them the correct way , I want to be the best Muslim I can be , and bring my family to the deen aswell, bi ithni lah.

Now I really need to go to collage in order to get a little further in life.. Eventually have a family of my own.. and to further help my family at the moment..

My situation sort of goes like this.. I live with my Mother and my little brother..
I haven't seen my father in over 8 years I believe. We don't keep contact and i'm not sure where I could really even find him.
My family is struggling financially. We have a morgaged based condominium here.. We pay 2000$ a month to live here.. My mom recently got a job where which she makes around 2000 a month.. She also has credit cards / stocks (stock market) which help her pay the morgage / car expenses ..

I on the other hand work at a clothing store and I make like 300$ a month on average.. believe it or not.. I don't get any good hours at all. The money I make varies.. during christmas i'll get good hours (800 a month) and other times of the year it decreases... I've tried working night shifts, and it absolutely kills me.. It seems like the only job I can get are night shifts ..
I decided to take the sunnah of the prophet (saws) and grow my beard.. I feel like for this reason I can't get a job.. I'm shy to even go out and really look .. A lot of places won't hire me because I have a beard..

Right now I believe I have like 5$ litterally in my bank account to my name.. I don't see myself making 5-10,000$ in order to go to school the legit way..

My question is.. can any of you ask a shaykh or maybe you guys are learned enough to tell me if someone in my situation can get a Riba (nterest loan) to go to school?
Or is it impermissible , and I should stay patient until I hit a 40 hour per week full time job , wait a year (or 2) of saving money and then pay to go to school?

Or do you think I should shave my beard and get a job, then re grow it?
Honestly my mom is sort of bugging me aswell , she wants me to go to collage and she thinks islam is stoping me from succeeding "like the other kids" in life..

Please help me guys, jazakam Allahu khairan ..

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Brother we're in the same boat. I work at a store and make about $400 a month.

I am starting school in September and I have NO idea how I am expected to pay. I'll be getting like 70% financial aid, but what about the rest? I am so lost.

quransunnah

Surah Baqarah ayah 177 comes to mind:

Allah says what is translated to mean:
Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in extreme poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous."

May this trial be a purification for you all, and may Allah guide you both to the haq and make you steadfast upon that. Ameen

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As-salam 'alaikum warahmatu-llah

both brother and sister, subhan Allah, listening to you, I can feel, alhamdu li ALlah I'm really in much better condition, yet, I still complains, may Allah azza wa jal forgive me.

remember brother, Allah subhanahu wa 'tala is the only One who honor people and provides His believing slaves from somewhere , where we can't even imagine.

don't get your beard cut, have faith in Allah and approach for jobs, bi ithni-llahi subhanahu wa ta'la. as long as you have option and you can survive anyway, for the future leave it to Allah azzawa jal, may Allah upgrade your condition, ameen

same dua for sister too.

have patience and faith in Allah, we can only make dua being in overseas.

salam 'alaikum warahamtu-llah

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
Dear brother and sister,after reading your posts I feel the same way like akhi saif.I complain about my little problems,whilst Allah Has been so Merciful to me.
I would advice you to be patient because being patient one has nothing to lose but everything to gain,charecter plus iman and Allah's mercy and His forgiveness.

“Shaitân (Satan) threatens you with poverty and orders you to commit Fahshâ (evil deeds, illegal sexual intercourse, sins); whereas Allâh promises you Forgiveness from Himself and Bounty, and Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower” [al-Baqarah 2:268].

May Allah make it easy for you and provide for you.
Ameen.
:wasalam:

arzafar

Now I really need to go to collage in order to get a little further in life.. Eventually have a family of my own.. and to further help my family at the moment..

that's a very wrong assumption. what if you take a debt of 10k and dont get a job after you graduate. how many college grads are going jobless nowadays?

Anyway, if you really need money NOW, i suggest joining a freelance website elance, or odesk. You will need to have some kind of skill like writing, programming, graphics design, ms office, etc. If would be tough at the beginning but once you have done a few good projects, you will find things getting easier. Work on your profile for 2-3 and I am sure, you can make more than $300 per month working from home. If you need any help, pm me.

I think we should have a job board on TTI.

Aroosak

:wasalam:

I was surprised to read that you were actually having issues with getting loans since I far as I knew Canada was one of the few non-muslim countries that have a couple of interest free loan options (unlike the US).

Here is a link of something I found some time ago in my search of interest-free loans. inshallah it helps and may Allah help you in your situation :tti_sister:

http://ianafinancial.org/