Can i Borrow $25?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear brothers and sisters

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?'

The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.' The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' He asked.

'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled.

'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied. 'Daddy, I have $50 now.'

'Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.' The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love. If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

The Prophet said, "When a Muslim spends something on his family intending to receive Allah's reward it is regarded as Sadaqa for him." [Sahih Bukhari - Book 64 - Hadith 263]

:)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

mmm... Yeah, missing dad and mum till they return home is an unbearable pain...

It touched my heart...

Jazakallau Khair for sharing this with us..

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Mashallah, soo beautiful story about father and son. :hijabi:. Alhamdulillah!It is good remainder for our hearts.

May Allah reword you dear brother for sharing with us.

:wasalam:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Nice story and good to remember, not only those whose have kids but everybody. We should remember to spend time with people we love.

IbnAdam77

Ameen Wa Iyyakum dear brothers and sisters. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

IbnAdam77

Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

JazakAllahu khairan. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum warahamtu-llah

I've read this, when you posted it but anyhow, may be I didnt make any reply.

let me tell something:
back in my country, the socioeconomic situation is something like, work work money money!!
ofcourse this is the result of the kuffar economy systems. however, I'm not getting into it, because that would take much time.

so, in my country, the situation is something, like whatever you are, like engineer/doctor/ technician/senior engineer/manager/CA/MBA, whatsoever, I've stated the most elite class, you got to work from 9-6 (Im not telling about the govt jobs, and they flexible but the depot of corruption, even then try to follow).

so if a man, is going get into office before 9, he has to wake up may be at 7am (remember this point), then he will take a breakfast and he should leave in half an hour, because, either he has to catch a bus or even if he has got car, he has to be aware of the traffic jam! and he will be there upto 6, sometimes it takes even more, then he heads back to home, but again, it takes about 2 or more hours to get home, so roughly they are getting home late may be at 10pm!

what time they are offering their children, wife, father-mother?
and what we can expect from the next generation.

neither he is praying, he is getting up at 7am, and may be he has to get to bed on 12am, his children would have slept at that time! nor he is teaching their children Islam or anything liike manner! the parents are not giving time to children, why they would give their time at the age of their oldies?
and the scenario is more cruel when husband and wife both work!

yes may be in 15th of sha'ban, and may be friday prayer and Eid prayer, nothing else, that why the children are getting like that!

and what can we expect from these?

only one thing, they are getting: may be alot of money, either in right way or even in a wrong way, the reality is cruel.

may Allah show the way out to the Ummah to get rid of these evil circle of kuft socioeconomic system.

wassalam