hijab question

B.H.

Dear brothers and sisters,

Wome are commanded to wear hijab.

How do you answer the charge that instead of a woman having to cover up men should just have self control?

thanks.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

How do you answer the charge that instead of a woman having to cover up men should just have self control?

thanks.

Women are commanded to do Hijaab AND men are COMMANDED to control themselves. Starting from lowering their gaze to marry as soon as possible.

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)” That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and and protect their private parts.” (An-Nur: 30-31)

It was narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a sudden glance, and he commanded me to avert my gaze.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 2159)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of sitting in the street.” They said, “We have no alternative; that is where we sit and talk.” He said, “If you insist on sitting there, then give the street its rights.” They said, “What are the rights of the street?” He said, “Lowering the gaze and refraining from causing offence…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2333; Muslim, 2121).

Think ^ hadith is more than enough.

Muslim men are not allowed to look or touch a woman, Shouldn't that come under "self control'?
Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486. Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh.

Right from the begining, all muslims were not living in "All islamic societies" and they still don't. If their was no command for men to control themselves. Assaulting an immodest girl would have been considered legal in Islam. Do you find any such ruling akh?

Men are to lower their gaze, women to cover up. It's only fair. An unwrapped chocolate is bound to attract compared to the one hidden in a bag. However it is obligatory not to eat and enjoy someone else's chocolate even if it unwrapped, lying around unguarded and smells delicious!

Isra

aka Tree2008
Men are to lower their gaze, women to cover up. It's only fair. An unwrapped chocolate is bound to attract compared to the one hidden in a bag. However it is obligatory not to eat and enjoy someone else's chocolate even if it unwrapped, lying around unguarded and smells delicious!

As salamo alaikome

Oh sister you made me smile when I read this what you posted! So cute the way you phrased this and SO TRUE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

It is Islamic etiquette that man should lift the responsibility of earning and manage affairs beyond home. And woman should take care of household activities and so it becomes natural to conclude that man can't be veiled.

And a bitter sentence to write man are more prone to sexual arousal.

Regards.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
An unwrapped chocolate is bound to attract compared to the one hidden in a bag. However it is obligatory not to eat and enjoy someone else's chocolate even if it unwrapped, lying around unguarded and smells delicious!

:wasalam:,

mashallah...its one of the beautiful para i have come across :)

jazaak Allah khairan sister.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Even if there is no man around on Earth..I would still cover. I do not cover for the sake of man..I cover out of the Fear and Love of Allah.
What does a man have to do with it?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baaraktuhu

Mashallah dear sister, you have gave very good and in the same time sweet answer about why we as Muslim woman cover.:hearts: May Allah increase more your knowledge dear sister. Ameen ya Rabby

Regarding the question of this thread, it is that Allah subhan wa teal did not only orded to us Muslim woman to conceal our beauty with hijaab, but Allah has also order to us to lower our gaze, as well to Muslim man, and to not get close to any kind of zina even with looking, thinking, or talking to oposite gendre. That means that covering of us Muslim woman is only one part of other orders from Allah, and in Islaam they all need to be fullfilled Inshallah and this is everything for the sake of keeping hayaa and modesty.

And Allah knows the best.

:wasalam:

sachin4islam

Assalaam walaikum,

Even if there is no man around on Earth..I would still cover. I do not cover for the sake of man..I cover out of the Fear and Love of Allah.
What does a man have to do with it?

Assalamu Alaikum: Respected Sister.

Well,I think had earth been inhabited by single gender requirement of veiling abolishes.

Regards.

ShyHijabi

thanks.

Hijab applies to both males and females but as our bodies are designed differently we have different areas we cover. My body is mine and no one has the right to see it but those I choose. The West has created a backward mentality that women are liberated when she has no control over who sees her body. They tell her that she is free when she walks around being looked at like a piece of meat. It's preposterous.

In the Qur'an men are first instructed to lower their gaze and THEN women are told to draw their clothing about them modestly. So there is responsibility on both ends.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

If I were the one human around and Allah says cover..I cover. This has nothing to do with anyone else.
This is simply about the Law of Allah and my decision to follow it. I decide. No-one can force me. And it is the intention with which I decide to wear it.

Its like doing your homework for the big test. You do the monotonous worksheets, the word problems, you study the vocabulary words,and you go over your notes. You do everything you need to excel on the test.

fatima sikandar

salam sister. both are imp. men SHOULD have self control but along with men women should also have self control over their desires , cravings and hopes.
btw hijab is essential for women...so never leave hijab cuz our prohet (pbuh) on the journey of miraj saw that women who did not cover their hair from na mhrm men were attached to the walls of jahanum with their hair.........

and the second point about men....no one should touch other person who is na mhrm to the former because the part of the body which is touched will be burned in the fire of jahanum.......

Shak78

While I cover because it is commanded by Allah (swt) men should also be able to control themselves and thier wants and desires. They should not be let off the hook because they are men. This is the only issue I have with men telling woman hijab is mandatory. They keep telling us what we should do yet some, not all, seem to forget their duties to Allah themselves and just focus on us woman. It goes both ways guys.

ShyHijabi

salam sister. both are imp. men SHOULD have self control but along with men women should also have self control over their desires , cravings and hopes.
btw hijab is essential for women...so never leave hijab cuz our prohet (pbuh) on the journey of miraj saw that women who did not cover their hair from na mhrm men were attached to the walls of jahanum with their hair.........

and the second point about men....no one should touch other person who is na mhrm to the former because the part of the body which is touched will be burned in the fire of jahanum.......

:salam2:

Can you provide daleel? I've never read/heard this before.