I have a question...

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it has as a result postponed my reading of the Qu'ran.
What happens to those who don't believe in Allah, but are generally good people in life? Are they still punished with Hellfire after life?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

When you read the Quran there are explanations for many of our questions. As a Muslim I often pose questions when I commence reading the Quran.

Faith is a funny thing. The more you believe the easier the answers.

In the Holy Book, the Quran, Allah has told us He is the Judge. We are responsible for maintaining His World and serving Him. He will Dispose of Everything. He Loves Best. Thus, we strive for the Light on the Day of Judgment.

Read the Sura: the Cave. Drop me a PM after that if this thread is closed.

ipanda

There is this guy who helps me study Quran (since I dont know Arabic and always a hint is needed) and one day he told me that Islam is the only right path to salvation. Long before that i had a Jehovvas Witness friend who said his faith is the only one that saves. And I always say Allah is far more kind, loving, generous and smart than we can understand that I find comfort believing He has plans for those who don't believe but are good at heart.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Belief in the One True God and the Prophet Muhammad's message of His Oneness cannot be overridden.

According to Islamic teachings, these are necessary to believe in to gain entry to Paradise. For those who disbelieve, their good deeds will be in vain as nothing surpasses associating others with God. They are given enjoyment in this Life only.

In the end, yes Allah is the Supreme Judge, but if one believes in Allah, then belief in His Word is a must.

salahdin

I seek refuge with Allah, the Hearing, the Knowing, from the cursed Satan, from his coercion, lures to arrogance.

[002:281] And guard yourselves against a day in which ye will be brought back to Allah. Then every soul will be paid in full that which it hath earned, and they will not be wronged.

[003:025] How (will it be with them) when We have brought them all together to a Day of which there is no doubt, when every soul will be paid in full what it hath earned, and they will not be wronged.

004:124] And whoso doeth good works, whether of male or female, and he (or she) is a believer, such will enter paradise and they will not be wronged the dint in a date- stone.

[010:047] And for every nation there is a messenger. And when their messenger cometh (on the Day of Judgment) it will be judged between them fairly, and they will not be wronged

011:015] Whoso desireth the life of the world and its pomp, We shall repay them their deeds herein, and therein they will not be wronged.

016:111] On the Day when every soul will come pleading for itself, and every soul will be repaid what it did, and they will not be wronged.

[017:071] On the day when We shall summon all men with their record, whoso is given his book in his right hand - such will read their book and they will not be wronged a shred

[023:062] And we task not any soul beyond its scope, and with Us is a Record which speaketh the truth, and they will not be wronged.

[045:022] And Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth, and that every soul may be repaid what it hath earned. And they will not be wronged.

[046:019] And for all there will be ranks from what they do, that He may pay them for their deeds; and they will not be wronged.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

it also depends whether the person received the Message of God or not.

He will not question about Islam to those who didn't even get it.

Aroosak

:wasalam:

A sheikh once gave a very nice explanation for something similar. He said imagine if you get a good job where you are supposed to work 8hrs a day. However when you go there you just work 1 hr and the rest of the time you spend it in the internet, facebook, youtube. etc. At the end of the week the boss comes to you and says you are fired. But you say why? if I haven't done anything bad. I've come to work and been nice to people and never harmed anyone. But your boss tells you that as a worker you did not do what you were supposed to do which was work for 8hrs a day. Yes, you did not harm anyone but you also did not do what you were supposed to do with the time given to you.

As muslims we are not even workers, we are slaves. We do not have "working hours" but we are ready anytime to follow the commands of our Lord. Every step we take every breath we take for everything we always think about our Lord and if what we are doing will please Him. And there is such pleasure in serving Him that we are eager to follow His commands. SubhanAllah