Help! timing for Fajr and Isha in the UK

yafash

Asalaam alaykum,

This is my first Ramadhaan since living in Leeds UK, unfortunately I am confused concerning the timing for Fajr and Isha. I have time tables from 3 different mosques (with different timings) including the one near my house. Please is there anyone that could advise me on this issue?

Asalaam alaykum

JenGiove

Asalaam alaykum,

This is my first Ramadhaan since living in Leeds UK, unfortunately I am confused concerning the timing for Fajr and Isha. I have time tables from 3 different mosques (with different timings) including the one near my house. Please is there anyone that could advise me on this issue?

Asalaam alaykum

Asalaamu Alaikum,

While I am not a Muslim, last year when I did Ramadan, I used this site to find prayer times.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum WArahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Inshaa`Allah one of the moderators will see this and reply you they are from UK

yafash

Asalaam alaykum, Thank you for the info. Actually,the timetable that website provides is the fourth timetable I have. It is almost even more confusing? I pray some form of help comes soon

JenGiove

Asalaam alaykum, Thank you for the info. Actually,the timetable that website provides is the fourth timetable I have. It is almost even more confusing? I pray some form of help comes soon

Brother, may I ask, what is confusing you? Specificly? I looked up the UK prayer times and they can be found here.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPrayerNew.php?country=united_kingdom

It all depends on which city you are closest to and on which side of the Greenwich Mean time you are on.

yafash

The problem I have is that all these timetable have differing times for fajr, maghrib and isha.

JenGiove

The problem I have is that all these timetable have differing times for fajr, maghrib and isha.

Then I suggest you follow the one that is closed to your home...that is unless you live on one side of the Prime Meridian and the Masjid is on the other side! lol! Now THAT would be confusing!! lol!

As a Brother, you probably are spending your prayers in the Masjid so ask them for help. They would know best how to explain the discrepancy.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Shaykh Haytham talked about this- but it is a issue that needs a LOT of explanation. The people differed regarding many astronomical matters- which thus lead to different timings. The best advise I take was from Shaykh Haytham, where he mentioned that one should fast at the earliest time- which comes in about 2:30 am (I think, since I am away from the UK at the moment). And to pray Fajar at the latest jamaa`ah time. This way you make sure you have made suhoor and you make sure that you have prayed Fajar on time.

With regards to `Ishaa', then really there is a time during the summer whereby the 'real' `Ishaa' time does not come in. There is a lot of discussions about this- but to keep it brief, if you CAN pray it late that is good... if not then try to pray about 1.5 hours after Maghrib. Again, that was the best advise that some of the people of knowledge in the UK have given. If there is a masjid nearby, then pray jamaa`ah with them.

But, with regards to fasting- then make sure you fast at the earliest time... as Suhoor is an individual act and not a communal act- thus it is not correct to follow the jamaa`ah in that... if they are wrong.

I just mentioned all of that in brief. If you wish to read more about it, you can read it here:
About Fasting times
http://www.islam21c.com/islamic-law/3087-the-correct-time-to-start-your-fast

About Fajar & `Ishaa' times in Summer
http://www.islam21c.com/islamic-law/166-summer-isha-a-fajr-prayer-times

Then I suggest you follow the one that is closed to your home...that is unless you live on one side of the Prime Meridian and the Masjid is on the other side! lol! Now THAT would be confusing!! lol!

As a Brother, you probably are spending your prayers in the Masjid so ask them for help. They would know best how to explain the discrepancy.

P.S Jen- The matter is not as easy as it may seem to be. I know you are trying to be helpful, but it will be well appreciated you do not give your opinions about Islaam. Thanks for trying to help.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam, im from the UK brother..ramadan mubarak to you and everyone on TTI.

prayer timetable for the month of ramadan slightly differs in different mosques/locations, specially for the fajr salah, this is due to differnt methods of viewing the moon etc folowed by different mosques. The best advice given byy all the imams of moques is that you follow your local mosque's timtable, although you said you have four local mosques, just pick one out of them or the one you attend to pray the most or somthing and just follow its timtable.

sal12

Salam,

You're not the only one that gets confused with regards to fajr time in ramadan! I was dscussing this with someone yesterday and we didn't understand why some mosques beginning times is 1.40, some are 3.10 and some are 4.15! We realised it was because some mosques follow the timings of nearest muslim country which is morocco I think.

After much discussion about this I have decided to follow my local mosque because their timings for fajr ends just after 3 which isn't too late and isn't too early for the current time of year. So the calendar that is recommended for you to use on this site seems again not too early and not too late during this time of year so just go off that. We're not experts on timings of salah but because of the time of year we can sort of figure out which seems to be the correct time for it in the UK.