Zionism and Ramadan.

Abu Ameerah

When Taliban was trying to established and enforced the Shari'ah in order to make their country a Pure Islamic Country, U.S. and it's ally interfere and declared Taliban as terrorist organization...the Taliban did not give up and fight against the aggressor/invaders of their country...If the Taliban is true to their aim "Enforce the Law of Allah" then obviously, Allah love them, and all real believers should love them too...Allah knows best...

esperanza

revert of many years
im sorry if i have answered to this thread,,,without full knowledge,,, i hope everyone can respect others view and perhaps we should all calm down and wait til after ramadan to tackle this..and just pray for all those muslims who are suffering wherever and whoever they are.........................................................

Seeker-of-truth

Assalaamualaikum, That is a very misleading thread title what has this got to do with zionism? as with many other threads I read the titles hoping to see some great content only to find something totally unexpected.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes sister..this is the purpose of the thread. It is to get rid of notions that have little relevance.

There is no need to calm down. This is not emotional. Chill out.

This is finding facts and discovery.

Please take the time to view the videos and read the articles. Get educated. Think.

This is about Muslim unity.

Let me say this: we had a thread about making friends with non-Muslims. Man oh man...did we have everyone saying we can and should make friends with non-Muslims...now I am asking why can't we be friends with Muslims. Why can't we get to know our Muslim brothers and sisters...it is Ramadan.
And you sisters are telling me: No..its Ramadan..we can't get emotional..it's wrong..wait until after Ramadan.

Sister..I may be dead!! So chill out and let knowledge flow.

Someone help with the Deobandi connection. I am in need of an Islamic perspective.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, it is misleading. But I wrote several times why I did it. Take the time to read it brother.

I wrote that we had an ex-Israeil solider on this site. He insulted us. He was not knowledgeable. Every word he used was propaganda.

We had a man who has murdered Muslims on this site calling me a liar. This is a Zionist. A man who lies and kills innocents and is paid to come to Muslims and insult the women.

So I switched things around. I am tired of the Zionists. They will be defeated. We know that.

I decided to respect Muslims more so than ever before. And I have asked my brothers and sisters to help me find the love and respect for all Muslims.

Aren't you glad you found something totally unexpected. May the truth illuminate your path.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, it is misleading. But I wrote several times why I did it. Take the time to read it brother.

I wrote that we had an ex-Israeil solider on this site. He insulted us. He was not knowledgeable. Every word he used was propaganda.

We had a man who has murdered Muslims on this site calling me a liar. This is a Zionist. A man who lies and kills innocents and is paid to come to Muslims and insult the women.

So I switched things around. I am tired of the Zionists. They will be defeated. We know that.

I decided to respect Muslims more so than ever before. And I have asked my brothers and sisters to help me find the love and respect for all Muslims.

Aren't you glad you found something totally unexpected. May the truth illuminate your path.

you are right sister..the most important thing we need is muslim unity,,,especialy ithese hard days when we find muslims turning against muslims..may Allah guide us all and forgive us:hijabi:

Mr. India

sister, actualy some so called secular or moderate muslim were the people who were most affected by the Taliban and were the most able to communicate
their troubles to the Western Media.
You know taliban opened center for women to be doctor. I saw a news in which People including women
wished for them to come back .

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: I was going to refrain from posting on this thread as i dont know anything about the taliban, but from what ive heard is that there not perfect,.. but really who could do better than them, after all they got rid of 90 percent of "drug" (forgot the plant name) crops in afganastan.

They also where able to take arms from the citizens something that the U.N couldnt do...

And unite the country, and what post civil war country cant be kept under control without fear?

So yah when they do something good its good but when they do something bad its bad,,...

Again all of this i know from youtube videos,but i try to keep an "open mind"

Jakaz allah khair for the different perspective Mr.india, i

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
A few words from an Afghan eye witness

Assalamu alaikum to all brothers and sisters

First of all, I would like to say that post No. 44 by Mr India is close to the truth. I would also like to say that while Taliban wereemerging as a power to reckon with in the west and south-west of Afghanistan, I was a medical student in eastern Afghanistan (Jalal Abad Medical Faculty). In the early days of their rise, Taliban were assuring people, who were the main power behind their success (who were tired of anarchy pointed out in by Mr India in post No 44), that they (Taliban) were not intending to rule the country, but only cleaning the mess up that was left by the post Communist civil war. They were also promising the return of Monarachy under the exiled king Zahir Shah who was residing in Rome at the time.

The military and financial support behind Taliban was coming directly from Pakistan and indirectly from the USA. Taliban did many good things and some very bad things too. The good things that they did were to get rid of local warlords who would kill, rape, loot..and they collected majority of the heavy weapons held by the warlords and small arms owened by ordinary Afghans. Centralisation of the weapons, knowingly or unknowingly by the Taliban, helped future Western invasion get a firm grip on Afghanistan, at least in the first few years of occupation. So, honetly speaking, as a resident of Afghanistan at the time, I am a witness to the fact that Afghanistan became a very safe place to live in for the first time after 16 years of Soviet invasion and civial war. This can not be denied. Another good thing they did was to put a full stop to the cultivation of opium.

It soon became clear that Taliban were not truthful in their promise and they showed the signs that they were not going to give up the political and military power that they had achieved and they soon made it clear that the king's return was out of question.

Two things happened that marked the beginning of the end for Taliban long before 9/11. First, a severe drought started to get a grip on the entire Afghanistan that was never seen in the living memory. Secondly, the western world imposed severe economic sanctions on Afghanistan once it became clear to them that Taliban were not going to be the puppet regime. These two factors weakened Taliban's support by the general public as they needed food, medicine...and therefore a change, perhaps any change would do. Some of the reasons the western allies did not face a strong opposition during invasion was the two facts (loosing public support and centralisation of weapons) mentioned above.

Let me clarify that the very hard-core opposition to Taliban (who are mainly Sunni Pashtoons-I am Pashtoon and Sunni too) comes from those Afghans who are ethnically different from majority of Taliban and who have been strong allies of the West since the invasion. Let me also clarify the characterestics of those who are the stongest allies of the West. They are mainly non-Pashtoons, some of the strongest among them are Shia and a great number of them are those who were allies of Comunist Soviet Union in the past. As someone mentioned earlier, the picture is not so black and white.

Among the bad things that the Taliban did were that there was evidence of curruption and injustice among Taliban too, perhaps not as widespread as it is now under occupation and refusing education to women (Our female students of the medical faculty stayed at home throughout their rule).

There is more to the story, but I hope this will suffice for now.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

The idea of the thread appears to be an attempt to discuss people with good characteristics who fear Allaah and implement Islaam in their lives (I understood this to be the purpose of the thread), instead of disputing on the Taliban, why not discuss the lives of the Prophets, the Sahaabah (indisputably the best generation that ever lived!) and generally our pious predecessors who are revered and loved by the Ahlus Sunnah.

That would be more beneficial for you considering the aim, rather than discussing the Taliban in this case.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Brother Bawar,
Thank you so much for writing such a clear post. It gave some more insight into the situation over there.

aL-FAJR,
I agree whole-heartedly.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sometimes we need to have an understanding that righteous and pious people are alive and adhering to the faith.
It was interesting that so much Islamic history has surfaced.
Secondly, I found it very interesting that we have been brainwashed to apply a negative connotation to a group of Muslims.
I was trying to dis-spell the negativity.

Sister Al-Fajr..there was no dispute on this thread. None what so ever.

I think this is what really touched me:

Sura 5:54.

O ye who believe!
If any from among you
Turn back from his Faith
Soon will Allah produce
A people whom He will Love
As they will love Him,-
Lowly with the Believers,
Mighty against the Rejecters,
Fighting in the Way of Allah,
And never afraid
Of the reproaches
Of such as find fault.
That is the Grace of Allah,
Which He will bestow
On whom He pleaseth,
And Allah encompasseth all,
And He knoweth all all things.

Walaikum assalaam,

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

I guess we are not taking the Taliban as an ideal example for Muslims with Taqwa etc, Sister Fajr, but discussing them is important because among the ummah we are blaming a group Muslims based on the assumption of those who reject faith in Islam. This thread I think so far has been quite neutral with everyone politely expressing their views and sharing their knowledge. I also hope that everyone including me will regard every one's view and share of knowledge as important and judge the discussed topic from a neutral point of view. This thread has been very helpful for me so far to know a lot of things I did not know before. And the lives of the Prophets (Peace be upon them all) and Sahabas ( May Allah have Mercy on them) are the ideal examples and that example has to be used to judge all of us including the Taliban. I think it is important for all of us to draw analogies and contrast the Taliban's action and judge them with an open mind.