(VOTE )Groups protest Muslim prayers at Toronto public school

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum brother's and siste's

Several faith-based groups protested outside the Toronto District School Board's headquarters Monday over Muslim prayers taking place in a Toronto school.

For three years, hundreds of students have been praying in the cafeteria at Valley Park Middle School during their lunch hour. The school doesn’t run or pay for the service.

TDSB director of education Chris Spence said the decision to hold the prayer sessions was made in consultation with the school community.

The service is operated by members of the Valley Park community, and was un-opposed by parents of other students at the school before Ron Banerjee, claiming to represent a group called the Canadian Hindu Advocacy, began complaining earlier this year.

"When you have 400 students coming in and out of class...it's extremely disruptive," said Banerjee, who organized Monday's protest. "It's discriminatory. It raises lots of questions in terms of 'Why are Muslims alone being allowed to do this?' This is part of the Islam-ification of society."

Members of the Jewish Defence League of Canada and the Christian Heritage Group also took part in the protest.

80 per cent of Valley Park students are Muslim, and the school began the Friday services to prevent students from missing classes to pray at a nearby mosque.

The TDSB defended the sessions, saying it’s simply trying to accommodate the religious beliefs of its many Muslim students, as mandated by the Ontario Human Rights Code.

It said the issue is not one about religion in schools but about religious accommodation.

"We have a predominantly Muslim population in the student body, so the parents were asking for a space where we can provide for Friday prayers," board trustee, Shaun Chen previously told CityNews.

Banerjee doesn't buy it.

"If they want to accommodate the Muslim students, they get a one hour lunch break, the mosque is five minutes away, they can just tell them to pack a lunch and during your one-hour break go off to the mosque."

In the meantime, Canada's largest Hindu group, Canadian Hindu Network, says the views of the Canadian Hindu Advocacy are not representative of mainstream Hindus.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/144877--groups-to-protest-muslim-prayers-at-toronto-school

Jazakalla hu Khair
Abdul Haseeb

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

It is appalling why they are discriminating against muslim.I just saw a video of a poor girl being bickered by protesters against praying of Jumah prayer in Canadian schools,but the girl kept her composure and answered them peacefully mashaAllah.It is really sad if they cant allow kids to pray at school.
:jazaak: for posting this.

:wasalam:

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum..
brother kashif. These are just humans.What can they do more.They think they are best and plan and plan but the best planner is allah who has the keys.Just make dua in favor of ummah.
Jazakalla hu khair
Abdul Haseeb

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Asalamualikum..
brother kashif. These are just humans.What can they do more.They think they are best and plan and plan but the best planner is allah who has the keys.Just make dua in favor of ummah.
Jazakalla hu khair
Abdul Haseeb

Wa iyyak.Ameen

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakathu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing this news with us. I felt such a sadness afer reeding this news and feel pain because of my Muslim brothers and sisters, as they may not be allowed to preform fard salah in thier school.

But at the same time I felt such a anger of one lady who I saw on the video and her poster where it writes " Islam No", Astagfirullah, La Hawla Wa la Kuwata ilabillahi. I do not understand what do we do to them, so that they can take our rights only for been Muslims.

It it clear kaffirs plan against us Muslims, but Allah is much Greater than their wrong intentions. They are representing themselfe as a country who is giving every human been his freedom, but when it comes with anything that it is related with us Muslims and Islaam, they are showing that reality is completely diffrent and they show their nifaq(hypocrisy). La hawla wa la kuwata ilabillah

May Allah protect our Muslim brothers and sisters from their wrong intentions. Ameen ya Rabby

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah!

That Banejeere person needs to mind his own business, really! The kids are praying in their own little area, not right in his face. The 'school' gave them the permission. His opinions aren't really needed. And also, "why are Muslims alone allowed to do this?". That was just downright idiotic of him to say Because if the other non-Muslims that are being "discriminated" wanted to 'worship' and have their area as well, they would definitely speak out.

PS. Shouldn't this be in the news section?

JenGiove

:salam2:

I lived in a town where 80% of the population was Portuguese and there was restaurants everywhere that catered to the dietary preferences to the population. The police were required to know the language and so where all of the hospital personnel. Church bells rang out every sunday across town in such a sequence that I imagine that the experience is similar to hearing the Adhan called out over a whole town <something I personally would love to hear in person>....

...so if 80% of a whole SCHOOL is Muslim, why have them all leave school for prayers?? That would be unsafe for kids, opening up the possibility for predators to snatch up the kids. Disturbing the classrooms with kids going in and out for prayer? WHO'S LEFT in the classrooms?!?! Not many...so they get a little extra one-on-one time with the teachers...use it to the advantage...."Islam-ification"???? sheesh! some people just can't deal!