Marrying older women

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
lols that's what i have noticed also. most older women talk/argue waaaaaay too much.

:salam2:

Akhi, I really think this is a huge generalization - its not possible to say that any specific age or gender behave in a certain way. People are people - they come in all varieties.

esperanza

revert of many years
exactly you cant just say older women argue more.....maybe they are wiser,,,,,also it dpends on the women,,,the family the country,,,all are factors... iwas surprised to find that arabic women in general are quite argumentative,,,not how iexpected..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As an older woman what I have discovered is I do not need to talk or argue...you see I have the "look". And you do not want that look from me!!

Allah has not placed limits on marriage.

Yes, the Companions of the Prophet married more than one woman. It makes sense.

Precious Star

It may have made sense at the time. However, polygamy is illegal in most parts of the western world, so it is moot for men and women in north america and europe to consider it.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

As an older woman what I have discovered is I do not need to talk or argue...you see I have the "look". And you do not want that look from me!!

Allah has not placed limits on marriage.

Yes, the Companions of the Prophet married more than one woman. It makes sense.

It's not just older women who have "the look". My sister has given "the look" on many occasions. To me, to our father, to her husband, etc. Woe betide unto the man who is given "the look". It is preferable to die a hideous death than to fall under the wrathful gaze of "the look".

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister...

no we can not say it is moot. We always have to fight for the Laws of Allah.

We have to do it in a manner that is correct. We can challenge those laws in court.

My case in point being same-sex marriage.

Brother,

I love being able to have that power!

arzafar

What do you mean when you say "older women"? What age group specifically are you talking about?

i meant aunties/khalas etc. They always seem to have something to complain about.

btw i am not saying that men should not marry women older than them. At the end of the day it depends on the two individuals.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Salaam,

Sister...

no we can not say it is moot. We always have to fight for the Laws of Allah.

We have to do it in a manner that is correct. We can challenge those laws in court.

My case in point being same-sex marriage.

Brother,

I love being able to have that power!

I've always maintained that women are the more intelligent and more powerful gender. You're smart enough to play dumb, and we men always fall for it. Show me a crying woman and I turn into some weird White Knight, charging to the rescue on my.. well, I wish I had a horse. It's more like a donkey.

justoneofmillion

I've always maintained that women are the more intelligent and more powerful gender. You're smart enough to play dumb, and we men always fall for it. Show me a crying woman and I turn into some weird White Knight, charging to the rescue on my.. well, I wish I had a horse. It's more like a donkey.
:salam2:Now this is really funny haha. It has being the sliding banana skin all across history, I guess we are no exception to the trick lol. Alhamdulillah Who has placed Rahma between us ,so that we can balance each other s nature. Jazakhallahu Khair.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:Now this is really funny haha. It has being the sliding banana skin all across history, I guess we are no exception to the trick lol. Alhamdulillah Who has placed Rahma between us ,in order to balance each other. Jazakhallahu Khair.

Yeah, many a great man has fallen because of a woman. On the other hand, many a great man can thank his rise to power because of a woman (his mother, if nothing else).

I'm telling you, dude. Women run the world. They just let us think we're in charge...

justoneofmillion

Yeah, many a great man has fallen because of a woman. On the other hand, many a great man can thank his rise to power because of a woman (his mother, if nothing else).

I'm telling you, dude. Women run the world. They just let us think we're in charge...
wa Alaykumu assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,Well as long as Allah swt is the supreme ruler , I don't mind living with that illusion if it really meant to be part of predestination.If not and the donkey is dead, the sword has melted and the knight gets swallowed by a cousin frog of his, we can always run like Forrest (Joke).
Sounds fair?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It took me having to let the world know I have the "look" to get my beloved to respond. Salaam walaikum Jameel. It is so refreshing to have you post.

You see it is very simple...women are at our best when we are silent. The younger ones learn from the older ones.

When I am ranting and raving enjoy it. When I nag..love it. However, when I am silent and give the look...you better pray.

Men love beauty. And our younger sisters are so very beautiful. If a man wishes for youth so be it.
What we are forgetting is the other side of the coin. Some of us, sister, love youth as well. And there is no stigma in Islam about grabbing a brother of Yusef.

esperanza

revert of many years

i like that,,,they just let us think were in charge

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

The greatest teacher of Imaam Bukhari: "His mother"
The best trainer of a man like Salah-ad-Din Al-ayoubi: "His mother"

Subhan Allaah.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum

well i can see the thread has taken a different way!

anyways,

First of all: I don't have any problem marrying an older girl than me, insha Allah.
2ndly: if we look into Islam, a slightly different angle, even if it is 1 degree, by the by time will pass and the direction will be just far apart, because it is simple geometry!
and this is what shaytan is after, shaytan will make a slight deviation and that can lead us to disbelief , may Allah protect our eeman.

3rdly: why we just don't take what we are instructed, sami'na wa ata'na, we are not here judge or find logic in everything, of course that's a wrong direction of having faith.

when we are upto doing an scientific experiment or research, we don't find logic first!
we have it done and then we find logic, why this happened.

so why we find logic in the case of our faith? so that means, if one logic doesn't work in one subject, until i find any i'll not believe? and I'm keeping on searching and may be that one is one of the pillar or main base of our aqeedah, and what in between that moment i die?

and what scientific logic we gonna find in salah? what logic in Hajj? tawaf? staying in Mikah/ mujdalifah? may be one can find some logic in siam, but is there anything scientific logic mentioned in the Quran?

these we believe because, Allah instructed us so and Rasul salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam said so. khalas, this is enough for one Muslim!

may Allah save us from the fitna of finding logic. it is the trap of shaytan on the modern days!

4rthly: why here comes the issue of right of women or right of such and such.
do we have any type of confusion, that Allah has ordained?
these type of issue comes, because the media is making us blind.
we are so influenced by media that we are fear to toss our religion.

may Allah save us from the fitnah of media.

what I can say to my beloved brothers and sister, you know you all are not less than a family member, subhan Allah, when i read the post and replies, i don't know i say my self, aha, Asja said that, shy hijabi said this, just a guy said this, Appa said that, arzafar, or shanaaz, abu talib said, sister harb said , muhammad maksusudul said, tabassum said, (names are randomly told, nothing directing ) , its a feeling like, when we just think about our family, like my bro use to saythis, mom says that.

and TTI has become one part of my life, but it hurts when I see my brothers and sisters(not those who I've mentioned, that was just example) are coming up with nothing just some debate, and which is picked up by shaytan into our discussion, and we debate for our desires or to put our points, which has nothing do with the issue started or point, subhan Allah. and may be we are receiving the curse of the angels that time.

may Allah save us from the fitnah of debate of desires.

of course we are all weak, but even then we have to be careful.
may Allah strengthen our eeman and make us strong against the trick of shaytan

it was merely my feelings, not directed to anyone, the names were just randomly taken, even then if someone is hurt, please forgive me.

Jazakum Allahu khair for reading
wa 'alaikum salam

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
as-salam 'alaikum

well i can see the thread has taken a different way!

anyways,

First of all: I don't have any problem marrying an older girl than me, insha Allah.
2ndly: if we look into Islam, a slightly different angle, even if it is 1 degree, by the by time will pass and the direction will be just far apart, because it is simple geometry!
and this is what shaytan is after, shaytan will make a slight deviation and that can lead us to disbelief , may Allah protect our eeman.

3rdly: why we just don't take what we are instructed, sami'na wa ata'na, we are not here judge or find logic in everything, of course that's a wrong direction of having faith.

when we are upto doing an scientific experiment or research, we don't find logic first!
we have it done and then we find logic, why this happened.

so why we find logic in the case of our faith? so that means, if one logic doesn't work in one subject, until i find any i'll not believe? and I'm keeping on searching and may be that one is one of the pillar or main base of our aqeedah, and what in between that moment i die?

and what scientific logic we gonna find in salah? what logic in Hajj? tawaf? staying in Mikah/ mujdalifah? may be one can find some logic in siam, but is there anything scientific logic mentioned in the Quran?

these we believe because, Allah instructed us so and Rasul salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam said so. khalas, this is enough for one Muslim!

may Allah save us from the fitna of finding logic. it is the trap of shaytan on the modern days!

4rthly: why here comes the issue of right of women or right of such and such.
do we have any type of confusion, that Allah has ordained?
these type of issue comes, because the media is making us blind.
we are so influenced by media that we are fear to toss our religion.

may Allah save us from the fitnah of media.

what I can say to my beloved brothers and sister, you know you all are not less than a family member, subhan Allah, when i read the post and replies, i don't know i say my self, aha, Asja said that, shy hijabi said this, just a guy said this, Appa said that, arzafar, or shanaaz, abu talib said, sister harb said , muhammad maksusudul said, tabassum said, (names are randomly told, nothing directing ) , its a feeling like, when we just think about our family, like my bro use to saythis, mom says that.

and TTI has become one part of my life, but it hurts when I see my brothers and sisters(not those who I've mentioned, that was just example) are coming up with nothing just some debate, and which is picked up by shaytan into our discussion, and we debate for our desires or to put our points, which has nothing do with the issue started or point, subhan Allah. and may be we are receiving the curse of the angels that time.

may Allah save us from the fitnah of debate of desires.

of course we are all weak, but even then we have to be careful.
may Allah strengthen our eeman and make us strong against the trick of shaytan

it was merely my feelings, not directed to anyone, the names were just randomly taken, even then if someone is hurt, please forgive me.

Jazakum Allahu khair for reading
wa 'alaikum salam

Jazak Allahu khairan brother. Important points you made there. I too personally have no problem in marrying an older women. Not at all.

HelpingSoul

Salam Alaykum

there is nothing wrong with marrying an older women :) we have in Prophet S.A.W the best Example and his life tells that there is nothing wrong with it .. it depends on different men .. some prefer marrying older women while others dont :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It does not matter if they are young or old or beautiful or ugly or short or tall or white or black...brothers just marry the believing sisters, please.