The beautiful story of Young Tamil girl converting to islaam.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
I want to share with you the story of Tamil (hindu) girl from southern India. Her way to islaam. The video is in tamil but i have translated what she said. It is a real imaan boost to hear her story. Please remember her in your du'a.

My name is Zumana Hasin, previously belonged to 'reddiyar'caste of Hinduism. My name was Gayathri then.I don't have father, I was living with my mom and my yonger brother. My Grandfather helped me study till 10th grade in my native place. I knew only about Hindusim until 10th grade, I was not aware that a religion called Islaam existed. There were no Muslims in my village.

(Back then) I would worship a deity(idol) named 'murugan' and would complain all my affairs to it, so much so that even before exams I would spend my time in temple asking for its help for hours. Even when I scored first mark in my 10th grade, I thought it was because of the idol and that led me to go to the temple with more involvement. As a turning point, people suggested that I should go to another town for my studies as I scored good marks. My folks sent me to a hostel(residential school) so that I can stay and study. So I started studying in a place called 'udumalpet'.

There I saw a muslim girl. The thing is that we were not good with each other during my 11th grade. We would turn our faces whenever we saw each other. I don't know why but we hated each other. When we reached 12th grade, as Allah willed, we became close friend. We were so close, as Allah has willed, that everybody amazed by our friendship.

Days passed and one day she scolded me saying "Don't you have common sense? You are worshipping an idol". I asked her "what is wrong with that?". She replied that "after all the idol was made by you (i.e. Humans) how could one believe that any good can come from it". I said "No you are lying. We have something in front of us and we worship that but you (all muslims) worship just toward a direction". She said "No you are sinning, you will go to hell fire if you continue". I replied her saying, "it is ok if I go there. This is all I know"

She would say "when we want something we ask du'a and when we get it we would thank Allah for it. But all you do is just ask and ask. Have you ever thanked for the things you got?". Then I thought I have wronged so I started going to temple often. She would pray five times, so I would go to temple five times. When i would see her offering salaah, it would be graceful. I would want to uphold my religion too thinking why only she should practise her religion. And so i would go to temple often. She rebuked me saying 'You are sinning more and more'. She would give me books and ask me to read. But I won't read 'em. Days passed and I started liking her practises like offering salaah and wearing burkha.

(at home)One day, my parents asked me to come to a temple. It occured to me that I might be sinning. I became aware that it is a sin so I didn't go. I went to my friend and told her about it. She asked me "Why didn't you go? won't you say that your religion is greater?". I told her that I am scared and that I feel Islaam is the truth. Then she gave me a book titled 'Mannarai Marmam' (Mystery of the Grave). I was shocked after reading that. I thought 'Alas! We thought this world is the end of things, but in real Hereafter is the start of world(i.e Real Life)'. I realized this life is just an illusion; for a short time and that life in hereafter is the real life'. (Hence accepted Islaam)

Then she taught me about Islaam. My family the noticed the change in me but they didnt care at the beginning. After I finished my public examination (12th Grade), I went home. I couldnt practise Islaam in my home because my family is staunch followers of Hinduism and they hate Muslims as we don't have any muslims in our village (hence they were not aware of Islaam). I would wear bindi (red mark in the forehead) while my family is around and would remove it as soon as they went away. I would stand in front of Idol (for the sake of my family) and would think 'Astagfirullah! Forgive me Allah, as I am standing without my will (to worship these idols)'

As days went by, my family became aware that i didnt wear bindi and stopped worshipping idols. They thought something happened to me. So they made me go to various temple and asked me to climb up hill and do this and that and tied talisman on me. They would never leave me alone. They thought I was under spell. They thought that girl (her muslim friend) had cast blackmagic on her.

My Grandfather asked me what happened to me. I told him that i was ok. He told me " Do you know about muslims? They do terrorism. They will kidnap you and leave you at some unknown place". I just nodded in front of him and left. I would convince myself that this(Islaam) is the truth.

In the beginning they advised me kindly but then the things got serious. They brought application to admit me in a college. I didnt know what to do. My mom said 'we have to get you married before you finish your college. I know you are upto something but don't know what you are going to do'. They would often scold me. I was so hurt. I couldnt talk to my family about the deen. They would kill me if i were to talk about Islaam.

When i was thinking about the whole thing, it occurred to me that Death can reach me in anytime. Priority is to attain straight path before death reaches me. So i got the da'wah centre's number through my contact. (and came here.)

But I am only seventeen.(Minor according to Indian Law). So they made a complaint that I was kidnapped and brainwashed to convert to islaam. I went to court last week. My Mom and my grandfather were there. (her voice softens...) I had my Mom on one side and Allah on the other. But i saw only Allah. Because only Allah is with us for all the time.I realized that Mom and Dad... they will leave us one day and will never return. The Judge asked me 'what are you going to do?'. I replied him saying, "I will go only to da'wah centre. My mom is not important to me". I did not even look at the face of my mom.

As Allah willed, Judge ruled in favour of me. He said 'Even if she is 17, she should be allowed to go to da'wah center and she should not be sent to her mom'. My mom left without talking to me.

You all! please make du'a for my mother and my brother that they should embrace islaam. If you have any friends give Da'wah to them. Be firm with what you believe. Please ask du'a for me. Assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

----------------------------

I hope the essence of the story is not lost in my translation. Remember me in your du'a

Last edited by a moderator:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Ya Allah that poor girl...I cannot imagine going through what she did. Oh God...

May she always trust in Allah (swt) and be blessed in this life and the next. She is a strong girl and will only develop into a strong woman :)

xAllahKnowsBestx

Masha'Allah!! May Allah (swt) reward this sister and guide her family to Islam. Ameen.

PS: Good job with the translation brother. As far as I'm aware, it's pretty accurate! :D

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

She's just Mashaa'Allaah. I sooo would have failed if I was in the first phase of this sister's life as a muslimah. Ya Allaah ease the path for this slave of yours!

Ya Muqalibal Quloobo thabit Qalbi 'Ala Deenik!

Jazaakallah khair!

auss20

மாசாஅல்லாஹ். நிச்சயமாக அல்லாஹ் உங்களது முயற்சியைக் பொருந்திக்கொள்வான். as well we pray with Allah to guide her family to islam

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Dear Ilyas.

It really amazes me how people find their way to Deen of Allah (SWT). Nice translation.

So today I came to know why your Urdu/Hindi is weak and surely Dravidian language speakers find it difficult to learn Urdu/Hindi. :) :) :)

Regards.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Ameen to all the du'a that members have made. Barak Allahu feek. may Allah reward you all with much good.

@Allahknowsbest - Jazakum Allahu khyir. Alhamdulillah. I never thought i would be able to translate. thumma Alhamdulillah.

@Akhi sachin - Jazak Allahu khyir I thought you knew that i am from 'Tamil Nadu'. *smiles* anyways.. have a beneficial ramadaan.

மாசாஅல்லாஹ். நிச்சயமாக அல்லாஹ் உங்களது முயற்சியைக் பொருந்திக்கொள்வான். as well we pray with Allah to guide her family to islam

அஸ்ஸலாமு அலைக்கும். ஆமீன். உங்களின் துஆ-விற்கு நன்றி. அல்லாஹ் உங்களுக்கு ஜன்னத்-அல்-பிர்தவுஸ்-ஐ அருளட்டும். உங்களுக்கும் உங்கள் குடும்பத்தார்களுக்கும்.

auss20

assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Ameen to all the du'a that members have made.

@Allahknowsbest - Jazakum Allahu khyir. Alhamdulillah. I never thought i would be able to translate. thumma Alhamdulillah.

அஸ்ஸலாமு அலைக்கும். ஆமீன். உங்களின் துஆ-விற்கு நன்றி. அல்லாஹ் உங்களுக்கு ஜன்னத்-அல்-பிர்தவுஸ்-ஐ அருளட்டும். உங்களுக்கும் உங்கள் குடும்பத்தார்களுக்கும்.

Jazakumullahu hira, thanks a lot brother for your dua as well my dua too you and your family. just update my village website this vedio. www.kahatowitanet.tk

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

Maa shaa'Allaah nice to see converts in India standing firm on the deen- despite all the friction. May Allaah make her steadfast.

P.S Excellent translation maa shaa'Allaah... you should translate more tamil stuff : -) I mainly loved some of the very literal translations lol- like: "We would turn our faces whenever we saw each other."

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
^wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh, akhi thariq.

Ameen to your du'a.. And i wasn't even aware that i translated many statements literally.. *smiles*. Barak Allahu feek. actually I have a request as well. may Allah enable you to translate some good works in tamil. I see you as the one more eligible for that.

Please remember the new sister and all those who are struggling just to say 'La ilaha illallah, Mohammad ar-rasoolAllah'

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Quite sadly- only my listening and talking skills are decent. I can't read or write a letter in Tamil. Yes, I know... pretty weird.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this,brother.Allah guides whom He wills.It is soo difficult for new reverts in India,especially females,they get death threats,but mashaAllah,Allah's loves wipes away all fears.I know a sister who has accepted Islam in India,but would'nt make it apparent as she might get death threats and fears even her own family.She is secretly being helped by da'ees of our community alhamdulillah!One can only stand in awe of their courage.

:wasalam:

Yaapin

When i was thinking about the whole thing, it occurred to me that Death can reach me in anytime. Priority is to attain straight path before death reaches me.

The Judge asked me 'what are you going to do?'. I replied him saying, "I will go only to da'wah centre. My mom is not important to me". I did not even look at the face of my mom.

MashaAllah, for such people who can stand against their parents just for the sake of Allah unlike many others who are cowards & fear!!!

InshaAllah, she took her deen far more important more than her mother, Allah will definately soften her mums heart & will InshaAllah forgive her for her 'painful' words "My mom is not important to me" & bring them close to forgiveness & unity. Ameen

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahamatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

may Allah (swt) reward you dear brother for translating this it was really inspiring and very beautiful to hear

may Allah (Swt) make things easy for her and keep her steadfast on her deen - ameen

walaikum salam wa ramatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum...

Mashallah thanks a lot brother for sharing the story of this girl.May allah reward you with jannah.. ameen

Jazakallah hu khair

Abdul Haseeb

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Quite sadly- only my listening and talking skills are decent. I can't read or write a letter in Tamil. Yes, I know... pretty weird.
Not weird at all. Many friends of mine, living right here cannot read or write.. they can only talk... hehe.. Same goes with many of us here when it comes to Arabic.. We can only read arabic (that too with dammah, kasra etc.).. Actually it is weird according to my non-muslim classmates.

aslam o aliakum wa rahamatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

may Allah (swt) reward you dear brother for translating this it was really inspiring and very beautiful to hear

may Allah (Swt) make things easy for her and keep her steadfast on her deen - ameen

walaikum salam wa ramatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

All praise belong to Allah alone. Ameen to your du'a brother. Please make du'a so that people here know the truth about Islaam.
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this,brother.Allah guides whom He wills.It is soo difficult for new reverts in India,especially females,they get death threats,but mashaAllah,Allah's loves wipes away all fears.I know a sister who has accepted Islam in India,but would'nt make it apparent as she might get death threats and fears even her own family.She is secretly being helped by da'ees of our community alhamdulillah!One can only stand in awe of their courage.

:wasalam:
Barak Allahu feek dear brother. Actually my father told me that an imaam related to him that a whole community of Hindus (of backward caste) converted to Islaam just to escape oppression and now we have 'alimahs and Haafidhs from that community.

may Allah help that sister you mentioned.

@Yaapin - Aameen to your du'a. Please include the reverts who are struggling and all muslims who are oppressed in your du'a.

@mahaseeb - aameen. Barak Allahu feek. Alhamdulillah. may Allah make the trials of Last day easy on us, may He make us among those who He chose to show mercy and make us all dwellers of Jannat al firdaus. aameen.

@masihuddin - Subhan Allah true brother. It is Allah's mercy on her. who would have guessed that Islaam would reach a girl that lives in a remote village. Allah does what He wills. All praise belong to him only.