Fasting

jennytinasky

Salam alakum to all here, not sure if im posting in the correct place, if not then im sorry.
I just want to ask does anyone else suffer from bad headaches whilst fasting? :girl3:

I have looked online to see if its normal, i was taking pain killers at night to prevent it the next day, which helped but i dont like taking any for of tablet normally. So just wondered is it just me or does anyone else suffer with this?

salam alakum:SMILY259:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Happens sometimes, You should drink a alot of water between Aftar and Suhoor. It may be because of dehydration. Also, it can happen if you are having gutty gut problems *Smile* I mean constipation causes headaches too.

Third reason I can think of is, lack of sleep and proper rest. Check on these three problems and Inshaa'Allaah someone else can answer better.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Sometimes at afternoon. I think simply because last meal was a long time ago. Probaply too low level of blood sugar.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

As mentioned by fellow members, it could probably be due to dehydration. So try to drink plenty of water between Iftar and Suhoor. Also it could be related to type of food you have at the time of Suhoor. Does it have enough energy and nutrition to get your through the day ?

A physician in the local daily here suggested that people fasting to drink 1 liter (or four glasses) of water at the time of Suhoor in order to compensate for the loss of water during the day.

Also, one should keep hydrating him/herself after breaking fast (at time of Iftar) and keep a bottle of water while attending the congregational Taraweeh prayers.

May Allah azz zawajal make it easy for you and all of us. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Seeker-of-truth

Assalamu Alaikum BrotherInIslam7 you gave the advice that she should carry a bottle of water at taraweeh, Do women even go to taraweeh?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have in the past brother. My health does not allow me this year. However, yes we do.

In case of a married woman she needs her husbands permission.

It really is a family thing.

D.Ahmed

Believer

I suffer from really bad migraines infact the actual term is called "Cluster Headaches" which is actually worse then migraines and seems to affect me the most during Ramadan, this year specially its been the worst I can remember I had to break my fast twice already because of the severe pain to one side of my head, I do try to hydrate myself as much as possible before and after fasting but doesn't seem to work that is why I don't look forward to Ramadan with enthusiasm as I should because I know I'm going to suffer :(

May Allah swt keep us strong in Iman... Ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother Amhed..sometimes a cup of strong coffee or a Pepsi will rid you of a headache.

Please PM me if that will not interfere with you beliefs.

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatahu

Ramadan mubarak sis!

Awh- I can't say much for myself but my mum has severe headaches almost every day. These could be caused by:

- Loud noises
- not enough rest/sleep
-overexerting yourself

Just rest for some time and drink plenty of water.

Salam :D

D.Ahmed

Believer
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother Ahmed..sometimes a cup of strong coffee or a Pepsi will rid you of a headache.

Please PM me if that will not interfere with you beliefs.

Salaam

It does help sometimes Big sis but problem is I can't have it when I need it the most because I'm fasting so I'm there rolling round in pain praying for it to stop and slowly but surely it does stop throbbing on my head eventually but leaves me feel drained.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu.

Assalamu Alaikum BrotherInIslam7 you gave the advice that she should carry a bottle of water at taraweeh, Do women even go to taraweeh?

Yes we do, and there is no harm in it.

Salaam

It does help sometimes Big sis but problem is I can't have it when I need it the most because I'm fasting so I'm there rolling round in pain praying for it to stop and slowly but surely it does stop throbbing on my head eventually but leaves me feel drained.

Aakhi does this happen because you fast? Because you should break your fast when you are in so much pain and make it up later. If it "always" happens when you fast, you should pay the ransom instead of fasting. This is not right for you to push yourself through all this pain when Allaah has provided you a concession.

As Allaah says:

[Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] - then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] - a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess - it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew. [Surah Baqaara:184]

So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. [Surah baqaara:185]

jennytinasky

thanks

salam and thanks for the replies, i have since posted this eaten chocolate before i start fasting, and it seemes to have helped,

:):):)

strive-may-i

Usually a
- body not trained/ adjusted to fasting
School children who are just into fasting report this, and also elders who are newly into fasting in Ramlaan. I would say, eat well, and incase you are new into fasting, then don't exhaust your body. With time, you will be able to develop the stamina to do both fasting and continue your daily work without much problem. Almighty willing

- body with health problems
Very few could have health conditions that prevents them from fasting from sunrise to sunset. Fasting is a way to please almighty, but not at cost of your health. I have seen healthy 70+ aged, who fast. And since its Ramlaan incase you are sleeping less than usual, that could be another reason for headaches.​

- body/mind weak
When body is acutely short of glucose, fluids, essential fuel etc then headache, head reeling can result. I have heard of few cases, where one feared health and this inturn made them feel week and get head reel. Fasting the Islamic way is good for mind, body and soul​

since you say Chocolates helped, it might be that you are eating less.

jennytinasky

I do eat less yes, but i feel tired all the time, which increases once i break my fast, also on normal days i do drink alot of coffee. so i think its the lack of cafine is:lol: causing my being tired,

strive-may-i

lack of coffee or addiction :p
some want a cup of coffee while breaking fast. others tea and for smokers its cigarrate, Few go for full meal after magrib Salaat, while others can wait untill taraaweeh.... And there are this few, who seem to manage by eating very little...