Islam and Evolution

Astrugglingsoul

As-salamu Alaykum Wa-rahmatullahi Wa-barakatuhu

Respected Brothers and Sisters i have a question and i am looking forward to get the answer from you.

couple of days ago i was in a discussion about Islam and one of the speakers who is not a practicing Muslim i should say raised some questions about Islam. among those one of the question actually baffled me. The question is does Islam talk about human evolution? i mean is there any verse in the Quran that talks about evolution? the speaker actually pointed to the Adam and Eve thing, how they descended from heaven and the theory of charles darwin etc. and as i studied biology i know about homologous structures and some similarities of genetical make up between human and other species. so brothers and sisters what does Islam really say about evolution? and i am extremely sorry for my lack of knowledge about Islam. please help

strive-may-i

Creations , evolutions ..... has a CREATOR, is reply from CREATOR

Islam=submission to will of god. The question what does "Islam say about it..." is flawed.

Well keeping the flawed question aside, lets go ahead and outline what Darwin did, said and how its used by athiest. So Darwin tried and was arguably the first person who announced: He announced how he tried to join the dots, he made a link from his observation. And he put a theory forward. He said appears like living beings underwent evolution..... his theory and observations cannot say who brought out this evolution, just speculated life evolved on its own. Experts in his field of study have found flaws. Later Darwin has given statements , accepting its just an attempted theory to explain things... And the atheists for convenience rally around this theory (Proof of Statement? go find....).

Darwin then had not sees the skies, nor the planets, nor was his understanding as advanced as current times. Then the sharpest of us humans got chance to make observations on bigger questions Now a more bigger question, who created earth. Even bigger universe how? So as per evidence sitting here on earth as per the sharpest ...... you know!

So if you join the dots from above question is around creation:
How humans, okay ape, how ape okay fish, how fish.... okay it gets fishy... Ammonia
Next earth, how earth? from stones combined, how combined? suns gravity, how gravity? from mass, how mass? from energy, how energy? ......(they banged the head)....finally BIG BANG!
So big bang happened and time started ... Now who created big bang, .... Atheist have no answer. The reasoning honest rational mind concludes from the design, from the proofs, with belief ..... Yes it must be CREATOR HIMSELF!!!.

(Einstein, Newton agree there is God, Hawking says no, Pascal ..Pascals Wager says better do..)

And Creator Allah answers clearly, for himself.

There is lot of theory to misguide...
And There is a Guide --- QURAN

"Choose"..... is the message, Prophet:saw: was sent to deliver

And a small tip for you, All-Knowing Allah has better tips....

Just because a link can be from two rings, don't conclude the chain formed and stands free on its own.... !!!

Prophets, saints and righteous have got glimpses of the answer, and rest have no clue, because Almighty Allah says he reveals it to those who have chosen him, and to those who make it to heaven in hereafter

Thanks Almighty Allah!!
May Almighty enlighten us All.... Aameen

Astrugglingsoul

Islam=submission to will of god. The question what does "Islam say about it..." is flawed.

Well keeping the flawed question aside, lets go ahead and outline what Darwin did, said and how its used by athiest. So Darwin tried and was arguably the first person who announced: He announced how he tried to join the dots, he made a link from his observation. And he put a theory forward. He said appears like living beings underwent evolution..... his theory and observations cannot say who brought out this evolution, just speculated life evolved on its own. Experts in his field of study have found flaws. Later Darwin has given statements , accepting its just an attempted theory to explain things... And the atheists for convenience rally around this theory (Proof of Statement? go find....).

Darwin then had not sees the skies, nor the planets, nor was his understanding as advanced as current times. Then the sharpest of us humans got chance to make observations on bigger questions Now a more bigger question, who created earth. Even bigger universe how? So as per evidence sitting here on earth as per the sharpest ...... you know!

So if you join the dots from above question is around creation:
How humans, okay ape, how ape okay fish, how fish.... okay it gets fishy... Ammonia
Next earth, how earth? from stones combined, how combined? suns gravity, how gravity? from mass, how mass? from energy, how energy? ......(they banged the head)....finally BIG BANG!
So big bang happened and time started ... Now who created big bang, .... Atheist have no answer. The reasoning honest rational mind concludes from the design, from the proofs, with belief ..... Yes it must be CREATOR HIMSELF!!!.

(Einstein, Newton agree there is God, Hawking says no, Pascal ..Pascals Wager says better do..)

And Creator Allah answers clearly, for himself.

There is lot of theory to misguide...
And There is a Guide --- QURAN

"Choose"..... is the message, Prophet:saw: was sent to deliver

And a small tip for you, All-Knowing Allah has better tips....

Just because a link can be from two rings, don't conclude the chain formed and stands free on its own.... !!!

Prophets, saints and righteous have got glimpses of the answer, and rest have no clue, because Almighty Allah says he reveals it to those who have chosen him, and to those who make it to heaven in hereafter

Thanks Almighty Allah!!
May Almighty enlighten us All.... Aameen

Jazakallah khayr brother !!!
thank you very much for your reply and it helped me.
again i am sorry for my lack of knowledge about Islam.

strive-may-i

Glad you shared, could you do a favor...

:salam2:

Am really glad you shared that link. The response from Abdur-Raheem green (may Amighty bless him with more health) to that question is really correct.

I request you to put together and reply in this thread, from what you heard from Abdur-Raheem and how it makes sense to you, I feel it will benefit. It will benefit you
- because you will get a chance to solidfy what made sense to you.
- someone later who runs through the forums with same question, would find it useful !

Astrugglingsoul

Am really glad you shared that link. The response from Abdur-Raheem green (may Amighty bless him with more health) to that question is really correct.

I request you to put together and reply in this thread, from what you heard from Abdur-Raheem and how it makes sense to you, I feel it will benefit. It will benefit you
- because you will get a chance to solidfy what made sense to you.
- someone later who runs through the forums with same question, would find it useful !

:salam2: brother

thank you for your post and i totally agree with you.
first i want to say is i am originally from a country which is dominated by the muslims and alhamdulillah 90% people in my country are muslims. but unfortunately i have witnessed many arguments among Imams over some scientific issues. big bang theory and evolution are among top of those. i have even read a book that slammed the big bang theory and tried to prove it as total fake. but later on when i have come in the USA i actually heard and read some articles which insist the quran actually support the big bang theory. but this is a whole different issue.
couple of days ago i was in a debate and as i told someone raised some question about islam concerning human evolution. now we have to remember the quran is the ultimate source of science. even if it was revealed 1400 years ago, it talks about some scientific issues that have been discovered recently. so when i heard the question about evolution ( the person asked the question has phD on biology on something and this is no surprise that the person believes in Darwins theory) i realized i don't know the answer actually. few facts actually baffled me. such as the genetic similarities between humans and apes. how homosapien and neanderthal are related and all that. and without having proper knowledge i don't want to bash anyone or try to teach anyone anything at all. so i asked the question on TTI. later i checked the video by brother Abdur Raheem Green and alhamdulillah i have got my answer. the things i have learned is the ideas of charles darwin are very powerful and his analogy actually makes sense. the quran however also mentions about human embryoinc development in the mother's womb. so developing through different stages is certainly a possibility but as a muslim we have to remember that allah has created humans miraculously. He created Adam without any father or mother just like he created jesus without any father. and he has descended Adam and Eve to the earth from heaven. now i don't think quran actully says anything that when Adam and Eve came down to earth there was nothing else on this planet. there might be something going on and allah knows best about it. and as a muslim we CAN'T believe that evolution took place spontaneously. i mean if there was some evolution, it took place with the will of allah. so these are the things i learned and i think people should ponder over this and look for truth. again islam and science should go hand on hand rather tha disagreeing each other out.

Astrugglingsoul

Favor: The video at starting exposes the posterior of a youth. Can you post another link, or just the voice version of it, or ask the youtube uploader to trim the clip or mask it....?

Thanks....

brother first of all i am sorry that i actually didn't think about this.
second, i think the people in this website are seeking knowledge and would better take advantage of the lecture rather than trying to ponder over other trivial issues.
third, the person who actually made the video maybe did it totally unintentionally but i will try to do my best to keep your request.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

While I dont know much about biology as such,I know for sure I didn't descend from chimps alhamdulillah!Even if the DNA matches with chimpanzee's.Here's a book Signature in the Cell: DNA and Evidnce for Intelligent Design by Stephen C. Meyer. Download pdf http://www.freewebtown.com/theology/Signature In the Cell.pdf

Interesting points made in thererefute many evolutionist theories.Very resourceful for dawah purposes.

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
A different perspective

Assalamu alaikum brothers/sisters

I watched a video lecture on this subject some time ago from a Muslim lecturer who presented somewhat different perspective which I found interesting.

I dont necessarily agree with the entirety of this lecture, but he seems to be making some thought provking remarks.

If you want the entire lecture follow this link and watch the video under the title "Round Table- Two Forms of Knowledge "

http://www.aswatalislam.net/FilesList.aspx?T=Video&C=Lectures&T1=Israr Ahmed

Otherwise go to this youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgNGM8Y4Vb0