HOW CAN WE SIT AND WATCH...MOSQUE ATTACKEd

esperanza

revert of many years
27 August 2011
Syrian security forces have attacked protesters at a mosque in the capital, Damascus, activists say.

Security officials stormed the al-Rifai mosque in the Kafar Susseh district, the activists said, reportedly wounding the mosque's imam.

Unconfirmed reports say at least one person was killed in clashes with troops on Saturday.

The UN says more than 2,000 people have been killed since protests against Syria's president began in March.

A video shot at the mosque shows protesters chanting "the people demand an end to the regime", and calling for the execution of President Bashar al-Assad.

As security forces stormed the mosque, protesters tried to barricade themselves in with bookcases and shoe racks, reports say.

The imam, Osama al-Rifai, who is in his 80s, is said to have been beaten up.

"Some of the 'amn' [security] went on the roof and began firing from their AK-47s to scare the crowd. Around 10 people were wounded, with two hit by bullets in the neck and chest," a local cleric told Reuters news agency.

AFP news agency quoted the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights as saying one person was killed in the mosque attack. Other deaths in clashes were reported in Kafar Nabel, Qusair and Latakia, although these have not been confirmed.

The BBC's Jim Muir in neighbouring Beirut says after the mosque incident, other Damascus suburbs are reported to have staged protests in solidarity with the injured imam.

Most foreign journalists have been barred from Syria, making it difficult to verify reports from local activists and officials.

the mosque was ransacked and korans desecrated,and after the attack ,the doors were sealed ,so injured could not recieve treatment,,,,
where will this end??

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Do you have a source link for this?

Not to support the syrian gov't, but wouldn't any gov't do the same to stomp uprisings and rebellions? or is this 'ok' because the west said so?

Parvaiz

:salam2:
There is nothing we can do .Only thing we can do is pray to Allah.

Firstly attackers are Muslim,people being attacked are Muslims.Soldiers killing Muslims are against the Qur'an ayah.People protesting are against Prophet Muhammed Saying.

hassana elkoussi

Not to support the syrian gov't, but wouldn't any gov't do the same to stomp uprisings and rebellions? or is this 'ok' because the west said so?

As-salamau alaykum brother,

No, brother, this is not just a mere attempt to stop an uprising. THe security forces meant to assault the sheikh simply bc on his Friday sermon he showed his contempt towards and rejection of Bashar Al Assad's statement " La ilaha illa Bashar" ( There is no god but Bashar) :astag: THis was on " Al Jazeera" which showed the sermon where the Sheikh simply said that such a word was as serious as holding fire which would first of all burn one's fingers and then spread to burn all its surroundings. I've seen the clip myself and then they showed the 80+ year old sheikh in hospital. May Allah protect him and all those who stand up against falsehood. Ameen

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

well, I'm not surprised at all by all these uprisings. The west put these puppets and dictators in power and now they are taking them out via jasmine "revolutions". It's all foretold by the Prophet (s.a.w), and if you know the hadith then you know that next gov't coming will be of the Al-Mahdi :SMILY346:

esperanza

revert of many years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14693941
every news channel ,reports this..i saw it on bbc,
how can you question this..muslims are directly being targetted,,,,,,,peaceful muslims,,,,,and thoer religion is being directly attacked,,,,,
this is nothing to do with the west...but a people fed up of oppression..imprisoned often just for practising their faith

the syrian people need our prayers

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

n1Bam.jpg

‘Ubadah ibn Al-Samit (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “We gave the pledge of allegiance to hear and obey at our times of vigor or unwillingness, our times of ease or difficulty, and to give preference over ourselves and that we should not dispute the authority over matters with those charged to lead them and he (the Prophet, peace be upon him) said, ‘Unless you see blatant Kufr (disbelief) for which you have a proof from Allah.” - Bukhari
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77428&highlight=syria

And these are reports I here from Syrians in the USA.

:wasalam:

esperanza

revert of many years
It's not about questioning it. If there' is a posting online then it came from some where and we all should know the importance of providing references to any information you share with others.

yes i understand that,,,,i have added a reference,,,but for anyone who watches news..they would have seen this story....and such things are going on for weeks,,,,,,,

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
yes i understand that,,,,i have added a reference,,,but for anyone who watches news..they would have seen this story....and such things are going on for weeks,,,,,,,

thank you. I don't watch news, especially western media. You don't know how much is actual "news" and how much propaganda and lies.

msmoorad

mommys boy
thank you. I don't watch news, especially western media. You don't know how much is actual "news" and how much propaganda and lies.

salaams to all

please understand- there is MUCH MORE going on in Syria other than the lies we are being shown on TV.
Al-Jazeerah English is just another zionist tool to fool gullible muslims.

please visit these sites for info about the truth:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=latestNews
http://www.uruknet.info/

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

esperanza

revert of many years
salaams to all

please understand- there is MUCH MORE going on in Syria other than the lies we are being shown on TV.
Al-Jazeerah English is just another zionist tool to fool gullible muslims.

please visit these sites for info about the truth:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=latestNews
http://www.uruknet.info/

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

i know that the media of course uses propoganda,and the west likes to portray how bad things are in syria are to bring about thier influence

but,,,,the fact is innocent people are being killed..do you livein the middle east,do you know people from syria,

so are you telling me every single eyewitness account is a lie,so where are the dead people coming from

the syrian regime is known for years for its torture and represssion of its own people,especially those who are strong in islam,

innocent muslims are bein attacked,and the syrian government blames terrorist islamist groups

the syrian government wants people to belive their leader is above everything,,

so who do we believe innocent muslims or a governemnt that degrades muslims and islam??????