I'm so upset ):

Abdullah5576

I know the arabic alphabet and the rules to tajweed but when im reading i cant read anywhere near how the Qari's read. Is their anyway to help me learn to connect letters fast? I dont know arabic as a language so i cant tell what makes a word or things like that.

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

I have the same problem. Though unfortunately I don't have MUCH of a solution. :lol:

What would really help though is this: Whenever you are reading Qur'an, go onto a website called Quran Explorer (just type it into google). Play the Qur'an for a verse or two, and then recite it while trying to match the tone of the Imam.

Hope this helps. :)

Salam :D

Abdullah5576

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

I have the same problem. Though unfortunately I don't have MUCH of a solution. :lol:

What would really help though is this: Whenever you are reading Qur'an, go onto a website called Quran Explorer (just type it into google). Play the Qur'an for a verse or two, and then recite it while trying to match the tone of the Imam.

Hope this helps. :)

Salam :D
Walykumsalam and i listen to Rashid Al-faesy and i can match it when listening, already memorized 17 verses of Ya'seen by doing this but when i have Qur'an in front of me i get soo lost x. x, i mean im learning arabic on my own and uncle helps at times.

your-sister

Wa'alaikum salaam!

I suggest for you to start attending a madrassah. Correct Qur'aan pronunciation is not something you can really learn on your own if you're not a Arabic speaker(I believe even though Arabic is their mother tongue, some Arabs have trouble with this as well).

You need a 'teacher'. Someone you can learn from face-to-face. Listening to Qaris might help, but not as much.

Abdullah5576

Wa'alaikum salaam!

I suggest for you to start attending a madrassah. Correct Qur'aan pronunciation is not something you can really learn on your own if you're not a Arabic speaker(I believe even though Arabic is their mother tongue, some Arabs have trouble with this as well).

You need a 'teacher'. Someone you can learn from face-to-face. Listening to Qaris might help, but not as much.

what should i listen to, like pay the most attention to?

your-sister

Brother, I think you're jumping ahead of yourself. You said you know the Alphabets, right? But it doesn't just stop there you know.. Just like in school. We're taught the ABC's, then vowels, then spelling and pronunciation of words, etc..

Arabic is sorta the same. There's a book in Arabic that we used to use in Madrassah called 'Qaa`ida Nooraniyyah'. Practicly everything to get you started is in there. As you reach the ending of the book, you'll be able to read from the Qur'aan quite well(if not perfectly) on your own.

My little cousin had the same problem as you, about 2 years ago. He memorized the whole of Juz `Amma. Yet he could not read/pronounce a single word from the Qur'aan on his own. He relied on qaris and his father the whole time. That was only because he jumped to memorizing the Qur'aan right away after only learning the huroof/Alphabets.

Abdullah5576

Brother, I think you're jumping ahead of yourself. You said you know the Alphabets, right? But it doesn't just stop there you know.. Just like in school. We're taught the ABC's, then vowels, then spelling and pronunciation of words, etc..

Arabic is sorta the same. There's a book in Arabic that we used to use in Madrassah called 'Qaa`ida Nooraniyyah'. Practicly everything to get you started is in there. As you reach the ending of the book, you'll be able to read from the Qur'aan quite well(if not perfectly) on your own.

My little cousin had the same problem as you, about 2 years ago. He memorized the whole of Juz `Amma. Yet he could not read/pronounce a single word from the Qur'aan on his own. He relied on qaris and his father the whole time. That was only because he jumped to memorizing the Qur'aan right away after only learning the huroof/Alphabets.
I had read the Qai'da Before and i was actually made to skip the Sifa'ra and went straight to Qur'an

uddim004

I had read the Qai'da Before and i was actually made to skip the Sifa'ra and went straight to Qur'an

:salam2:i read the qai'da and then the Sifa'ra but i read bits of the quran at the same time with sifa'ra with lots of pausing, this was just to ease the transition. problem is i don't really know tajweed. i'm still working on this.

MalikBrother

Assalamu - Alaikum!

Take online classes if you have no Masjid (Mosque) nearby where you can get an education proper by Imam. I live in Canada, and always get call from Pakistan to advertise their Online Qur'aan program, and i have yet to figure out how they get our telephone number. LOL

I have studied all the alphabet words by Ustaad (Teacher), and that's how i managed to master the pronunciation of Holy Qur'aan. It's important to master the pronunciation where the Recitation can come handy for Ramadan to earn more rewards if not in this, definitely in Hereafter, Insha'Allaah!

Better to get schooled by Ustaad or Imam to get better understanding through Online, or perhaps, Masjid nearby. Insha'Allaah, you will begin to master the pronunciation of Holy Qur'aan in no time.

niletrader

Online Arabic Classes

I know the arabic alphabet and the rules to tajweed but when im reading i cant read anywhere near how the Qari's read. Is their anyway to help me learn to connect letters fast? I dont know arabic as a language so i cant tell what makes a word or things like that.

Dear brothers and sisters
I am Egyptian Muslim, aged 47yrs, I do Arabic classes on Skype, at a lower price specially for those who want to learn Arabic to make reading Quran easier for them, I have BA in History & Archeology, and do have a long experience in teaching. if interested, feel free to visit me on 1st Skype: arabiclasses
2nd Skype: mkotamy
see you there
Aslamo Alykom

sachin4islam

Dear brothers and sisters
I am Egyptian Muslim, aged 47yrs, I do Arabic classes on Skype, at a lower price specially for those who want to learn Arabic to make reading Quran easier for them, I have BA in History & Archeology, and do have a long experience in teaching. if interested, feel free to visit me on 1st Skype: arabiclasses
2nd Skype: mkotamy
see you there
Aslamo Alykom

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

I am an Indian but I love Egypt and the people. Egypt is like my second homeland. Nice to find you here. Do you conduct classes in Egypt also?. I will love to join there.

Regards.

Abdullah5576

Assalamu - Alaikum!

Take online classes if you have no Masjid (Mosque) nearby where you can get an education proper by Imam. I live in Canada, and always get call from Pakistan to advertise their Online Qur'aan program, and i have yet to figure out how they get our telephone number. LOL

I have studied all the alphabet words by Ustaad (Teacher), and that's how i managed to master the pronunciation of Holy Qur'aan. It's important to master the pronunciation where the Recitation can come handy for Ramadan to earn more rewards if not in this, definitely in Hereafter, Insha'Allaah!

Better to get schooled by Ustaad or Imam to get better understanding through Online, or perhaps, Masjid nearby. Insha'Allaah, you will begin to master the pronunciation of Holy Qur'aan in no time.

Jazakallah Khair brother and Walykumsalam warahmatullah wabarakatu

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

Akhi Smile, see we get double the reward for struggling with the recitation of the Qur'an! so, it is a good thing and insha'Allah in no time you'll excel. Just dont be sad about something that is good! Look at it from the bright side,