IS A MUSLIM NON-HIJABED WOMAN MUSLIMAH?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
to everybody,under the purposal of a dear member of the forum,I wish to start a not much original issue,but always interesting and involving like the "hijab" of the muslim women."is a muslim woman without hijab a muslimah?"by the way I met some arab-muslim-non-hijabed women,I found that they felt happy for my choice,but I also saw them a little embarassed because thet knew the rules about Islam,but they didn't follow them.
after some years from my choice to wear hijab,I started wishid also the other non hijabed women to do aswell,but I'm worried about their free will.I've been seeing many arab women following the occidental lifestyle.what do you think about his matter?how can we clissify them?:wasalam:

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

Of course they are Muslim. A Muslim is only not a Muslim when they themselves declare it or they do the things mentioned or known to take one outside the fold of Islam. Hijab is not a free choice as many claim today, rather it is a direct command from Allah in the Quran and a clear example of implementation of this command by the wives of the Prophet (s.a.w) AND the female companions of the time.

So one not following that command of Allah is just sinning and not a non-Muslim. But that is just one sin of many sins we do daily by disobeying Allah. But even among the hijabis they have such high fashion, stylist or colorful hijabs that their hijabs actually need a hijab to be islamically acceptable. Also, there are Muslimahs who wear hijab and yet are worst then these non-Hijabis in terms of their actions and behaviors. People forget hijab is not just the outer cover but there is inner hijabs as well in terms of once mannerism, actions, behavior, etc.

Here's an interesting article on the topic as I'm sure many hijabis fall into this...

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/misc/a_matter_of_pride.htm

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
the article I read is very interesting and made me reflect about the preide.yes,maybe I've sinned of superiority sometimes,I admit it.I put the matter on the personal way:now my daughters are too young to understand the meaning of hijab but they imitate me when I wear it.then,if my intention is to teach them what Allah has commanded to women for their sake,what can I answer if they maybe one day will not want to wear it?I must respect their choice,or do I force them?Of course I'd never oblige somebody to do what he doesn't want to do.
all the times I met the sight of a muslim non hijabed woman,I had a smile from them,but when I asked them why did they not wear like me,I felt sad,because they all times invented an excuse,like if they would be ashamed to answer to me:they prefered to change way for not to get embarassed,because I live in a little town and it's strange to see a muslim italian woman who follows what Quran says,while they do not.can it depends from the degree of Faith?I've read many hhadith about the woman who doesn't cover her hair and I found terrifying the punishment for them in the Hereafter.so,if they don't fear the punishment,maybe they don't believe to Allah so firmly as the ones who obey,isn't it?

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
The non-Hijabi Muslim women are also Muslimah, but with weaker faith.

If they had a strong faith then they would be wearing hijab.

That is why there are so many levels of Paradise. The more you obey Allah (SWT) the higher your level of Paradise will be. IMHO.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Of course they're still muslim. It's just one facet of Islam which they're not following, though they should. I too wish the non-hijabed women would take up hijab. But they think its too restricting, and say 'its too hot', or 'I can't do it.' But don't we think when Ramadan approaches that we can't let go of food and drink, and fasting is difficult? We feel hungry on any normal day if we don't eat or drink for a couple hours. But once we start fasting, Allah helps us so much that it becomes easy for us. It's the same thing with hijab - once you start, you realize all the problems you imagined before were just that - your imagination.

yasak80

assalaumu aleykum sister ,
ı am a born muslimah elhamdullillah...

but being non-hijabi is a common sin among born muslims ..
we ofcourse know all the islamic rules from the childhood , but you are like a person who found a gold by scratching the ground ...

the thing is worthy when you make effort to get it...

for example you hide your prays , maybe how hard it is to find a place to pray for you ,but it is so much worthy........

but some born-muslims ; they have hot water , every conditions, they are so sure that people wont feel any suspicion about them ,but they dont pray....

ıt is something like that, I guess...

And also we can not be a perfect muslim. becuase he is only Hazrat Mohammad (as) .
if we wear hijab, it is a must ; but we can gossip, or we can break hearts ....
they are big sins also ... people never mind...

I wish all sins of us will be forgived , I wish haz. Mohammad (as) prays for us in hereafter.

aminn amin amin........

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
sis Yasak80,don't be worried nor offended,please.nobody is perfect,I know it,but I really wonder when will the perfection arrive on this Earth,by the way that there is so much corruption.Allah has give us the guidelines and it would be the best thing,if all the ones who got in knowledge of them,woud spread them to his fellow.in my eyes there is the image of the water when it come out of the source:it's pure,excellent,with no traces of corruption of the ground...but the more the water runs down the mountain,the more it gets unpure and corrupted,many times it changes colour.well,this is Islam like I image:when I see muslims in Mecca,performing 'umra,praying,walking,talking....well,they are dressed like sunnah says(many men also dress long white dresses and women covers totally or not,but everybody wears like Quran says...thengoing furhter from the "baitullah" and coming towards occident,the women start wearing coloured hijab,behaving differently from what is written in Quran and going very far from the source,there are muslim women who reject the duty Allah has given them.But it's not fault of them;it's our corrupted society which is damaging us.:girl3:

yasak80

you are totally right sister,:girl3:
not obeying Allah (swt) is like bearding the creation...
people will feel the truth, when they obey Allah (swt ).
Quran is like users guide book for human.
may ALLAH guide all of us the true path inshaallah.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
The non-Hijabi Muslim women are also Muslimah, but with weaker faith.

If they had a strong faith then they would be wearing hijab.

That is why there are so many levels of Paradise. The more you obey Allah (SWT) the higher your level of Paradise will be. IMHO.

I disagree. Hijab does not necessarily mean stronger faith. Many arabs do it just out of their cultural custom and don't practice Islam one bit. You live in Michigan, it has a large arab population. Take a look around, i'm sure you can find many examples of "hijabis" who don't even hold equal to some non-hijabis in terms of modesty.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Hope everyone is well. MashaAllah.

Now, lets be kind. It is by example of wearing hijab that we sisters show those who are scared that it is ok. Wearing hijab will not kill you. Wearing hijab does not take away from anything. It marks you as a slave of Allah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Of course they are Muslim. A Muslim is only not a Muslim when they themselves declare it or they do the things mentioned or known to take one outside the fold of Islam. Hijab is not a free choice as many claim today, rather it is a direct command from Allah in the Quran and a clear example of implementation of this command by the wives of the Prophet (s.a.w) AND the female companions of the time.

So one not following that command of Allah is just sinning and not a non-Muslim. But that is just one sin of many sins we do daily by disobeying Allah. But even among the hijabis they have such high fashion, stylist or colorful hijabs that their hijabs actually need a hijab to be islamically acceptable. Also, there are Muslimahs who wear hijab and yet are worst then these non-Hijabis in terms of their actions and behaviors. People forget hijab is not just the outer cover but there is inner hijabs as well in terms of once mannerism, actions, behavior, etc.

Here's an interesting article on the topic as I'm sure many hijabis fall into this...

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/misc/a_matter_of_pride.htm

I'm going to agree with this.

Hijab does not equal instantly a pious Muslimah. I've seen Muslimahs wearing skinny jeans and a long sleeve thin shirt with a headscarf, her form was fully exposed.

As some of you know or dont know, I do not yet wear hijab.
For personal reasons, its just not something I can do at this time. But there is so much inner turmoil I feel everyday over this issue because I know its a command from Allah subhana wa ta ala but Its so hard for me to wear it due to my home status. Insha'Allah I do plan to wear it, but tomorrow may never come...So I'm not sure where that puts me in the hereafter..

Sorry started to ramble :shymuslima1:

Aroosak

May Allah make it easier for all the muslimahs out there who are striving to wear hijab, and may Allah guide all the muslimahs that do not wear it correctly and protect us all and keep us in the sirat al mustaqeen.

Not wearing hijab just makes a sister not obedient to one of the commands of Allah t'ala the same that a person who doesn't pray or doesn't fast or does not restrict their tongue etc. We all have something we need to work on, sometimes is not apparent to the whole world like a hijab might be but we all are struggling to follow the commands from Allah.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah!

Interesting discussion. Hijaab is a very very delicate issue for me. So I'll refrain from adding my input as I don't want to start some kind of argument, insha'Allaah.

However, I second Aapa's last sentence. As muslimahs, hijaab is our identity.=)

esperanza

revert of many years
sis Yasak80,don't be worried nor offended,please.nobody is perfect,I know it,but I really wonder when will the perfection arrive on this Earth,by the way that there is so much corruption.Allah has give us the guidelines and it would be the best thing,if all the ones who got in knowledge of them,woud spread them to his fellow.in my eyes there is the image of the water when it come out of the source:it's pure,excellent,with no traces of corruption of the ground...but the more the water runs down the mountain,the more it gets unpure and corrupted,many times it changes colour.well,this is Islam like I image:when I see muslims in Mecca,performing 'umra,praying,walking,talking....well,they are dressed like sunnah says(many men also dress long white dresses and women covers totally or not,but everybody wears like Quran says...thengoing furhter from the "baitullah" and coming towards occident,the women start wearing coloured hijab,behaving differently from what is written in Quran and going very far from the source,there are muslim women who reject the duty Allah has given them.But it's not fault of them;it's our corrupted society which is damaging us.:girl3:

yes your right dear sister.....we wish everyone could be pure and everything could be perfect..but life today is corrupted in all parts of the world.....
we can only each of us try to improve ourselves...and be the best we can inshalla and try to guide others by example
i wear hijab and am happy to wear ..hijab,but icannot criticise others who dont or think im better..because i have many faults to and this bothers me deeply.....

but yes it bothers me when isee some of those in this country covering wearing niqab ,but when they travel to london..remove niqab ,hijab,wear short clothes...or when thye travel to lebanon,have seen many examples
these things icant understand

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We may not agree with the choice of dress but we are in no position to label. There are more important issues to address.
This is a reflection on Muslims society as a whole. We need the imams in the masjids to address some of these issues. That would be the simplest way to convey the message.
Have the imam explain to the brothers at the masjid why the sisters need to cover. We take it for granted that the brothers may be educated on dress. And many are not.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
the hijab is what distinguish us from others.like the nuns:they choose to follow the way of chastity and they cover they hair.
by myself,if somebody has intention to follow a way,he/she should also respect the "rules" of the "game".it would be like if I'd like to become a policeman but I also use to steal in the supermarket!it's a non-sense.
same thing for the women who "claim" to pronounce the word "muslim" but they don't behave for exapmle like me.I'm not a perfect person,but from the moment I followed this path,I'm rigorous with my intentions,and hardly understand the opinion of those who say not to be ready to wear hijab,because before becoming muslimah,I behaved like the disbelievers,wore like them...now:if I wished to belong to Islam,I also accepted what it asked to me...

mezeren

i wish...

Brothers and sisters, i wish we all could mind our bussiness. We should try to see our mistakes not others. if you are perfect then i have nothing to say.

We all do this from time to time, but it is wrong. Do your best for others but do not criticise.

You should educate them,tell them what is right what is wrong, pray for them and that is all.

Rasulullah(a.s.) was a massenger. He conveyed the massage of Allah and leave the rest to Allah. When he get too sad for people, Allah has warned him that he was just a massanger and could not change people's hearths.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

I agree with brother mezeren. The Prophet sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam used to make lots of du'as and this included du'as for the no-muslims to be guided, inshaAllah! Lets make du'a for all our sisters in Islam, may Allah put tawheed in their hearts, may Allah increase their and our imaan, may Allah make us a strong Ummah inshaAllah!.

Lots of sisters might wear niqab and gloves but they might not pray on time, they might lie a lot... (this doesn't mean that not wearing proper hijab is fine, don't take me wrong). Once I've met a muslim sister born in muslim family mashaAllah and she had manners better than mine subhanaAllah! I've never asked about the reason why she was not covering. I've been in contact with her and waited. I've never spoken about hijab, rather about tawheed and salah. Just few months later she asked me about hijab. I spoke about it and gave her proof from the Quran... it was few years ago. The day after our talk about hijab was going to be the first day of Ramadhan. The day after I met her, she was wearing hijab mashaAllah tabarakaAllah and since then she never took it off alhamdulillah. Rather she is fully covered now mashaAllah! Plus, she is one of my best friends and sister in Islam, alhamdulillahi Rabb al alameen!

Everyone is different, we need patience, we need to speak about islam, we need to give examples from the Sahabiyat, from the Prophet sallaAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam and from Quran. After all, it's Allah Who guide.

:jazaak:

esperanza

revert of many years
YES its true we cannot judge those who cover or not cover hijab or niqab as what is in their hearts tells us the real story,,,

a same case happened to me
iwas a revert for just a year when imet an egyptian girl,she was gooD faithful girl who had come to britain alone to study,,,but did not wear hijab,,,,
but just in the time that she got to knew me and my husband she was so inspired by seeing me a westerner revert thast she decided to wear hijab even though her mother was against it,and was so haPPY when she had done this

on the other hand now living in an islamic country,i have met some people,muslims some who cover some not,who ask me,do you cover when you go back to your country,and they are so surprised when i say that ido

so yes even though ideally all women should cover,we cannot judge them,but it is sad that so many women ,esepcially arab view the hijab as something bakward and think they are intelligent modern women when they dont wear hijab