hijab is a question

slaveofALLAH99

Salamualaykum

my dear brothers and sisters,

I hope you're all doing very well!--------------------------

You know those times where a non muslim asks why we wear hijab? And you answer them and you don't feel complete.....ya so I thought maybe you guys can help me by sharing you response to this question. It will help me very much!!

JazakAllahukhayran and salam!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I wear hijab and am contemplating niqab very seriously because of this:

1. It is ordered by My Creator in His Book, the Quran.
2. The Mother of the Believers did it.
3. It marks me as one of the Believers. I like that.
4. It makes me a serious woman. You do not play in front of me. I have something on my mind.
5. You know that I am one who serves Allah thereby I am under obligation to obey the Laws of Allah.
6. I choose to do so. It is one of the manifestations of my liberation.

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

I wear hijab and am contemplating niqab very seriously because of this:

1. It is ordered by My Creator in His Book, the Quran.
2. The Mother of the Believers did it.
3. It marks me as one of the Believers. I like that.
4. It makes me a serious woman. You do not play in front of me. I have something on my mind.
5. You know that I am one who serves Allah thereby I am under obligation to obey the Laws of Allah.
6. I choose to do so. It is one of the manifestations of my liberation.

Where in the Quran does Allah swt order niqaab?

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Where in the Quran does Allah swt order niqaab?

I don't think the sister said anything about Niqab being in the Qur'an she just mentioned that she's contemplating putting on the Niqab. however, scholars did differ in their opinion about the ayah in the Surah Al Nur about the Hijab. Some scholars say it is wajib, and some say it is Mustahab(liked/recommended, but not obligatory) either way, we know the wives of Prophet Mohamed (SAW) used to veil their entire bodies including their face when among non-mahram men.

Um Ibrahim

Salamualaykum

my dear brothers and sisters,

I hope you're all doing very well!--------------------------

You know those times where a non muslim asks why we wear hijab? And you answer them and you don't feel complete.....ya so I thought maybe you guys can help me by sharing you response to this question. It will help me very much!!

JazakAllahukhayran and salam!

I wish I was asked that question more often, but since there are a lot of Muslims around where I live, many non-Muslims already know why we wear Hijab, and a lot of other things about Islam. Well, just tell them that it's part of your religion, and that Allah(God) wants Muslim women to be treated with respect, honor and dignity--reason we are ordered to cover our bodies from prying eyes! Also Hijab is part of our identity so Muslims as well non-Muslims can recognize a Muslim woman just by her dress when they see her.

Hope that helped:)

xAllahKnowsBestx

I love it when people ask me about the hijab! There's this new girl in school and she hangs out with me and she always asks me about it, and we get into really deep discussions. The best part is that she agrees with every single thing I say about the hijab. She told me she thought it was oppressive at first like everyone else (mainly because she went to Catholic school) but now she really finds it amusing. Alhamdulillah, us sisters can do some slick Dawah. ;)

Anyways, sorry for going off track. I basically start by saying the main reason why we wear it. - For Allah swt. Talk to them about how Islam values modesty and how levels of modesty have differed throughout history. Muslim women, out of all women, have the highest level of modesty and we don't feel the need to put ourselves out there just so we could feel good about ourselves. That's insecurity. We've been ordered to wear it so that we may be recognized as modest, kind, intelligent human beings and not molested or annoyed by strange men. We don't want to be any dude's "trophy" that he shares with the rest of the world. Yeah..

Oh, and I also talk about the man dominated fashion industry. How oppressive they are, and how they've been manipulating the definition of beauty to exploit women. Tell them about how the real oppressors are the tight jeans and short skirts. No one can deny that.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am contemplating niqab. It would complete my hijab. I have not made a decision as of yet. It would be jump.

Sister Precious Star,

It is a very subjective and personal decision. It seems to make sense. It is not an issue of mandated. It is more an issue of humility. If I wore niqab out of the Fear of Allah it would be my obeying a mandate. If I wore the niqab out of the Love of Allah..it is purely and simply that.

( I just realized..I have to eat my words and do as I say..oh my the adventures of a niqabi who knows her constitutional rights...)

slaveofALLAH99

JazaakAllahukhayran everyone!!

I benefited a lot thank you so much!

Sister Aapa I think it's a very good idea to take another step by wearing a niqab! You know if you take 1 step towards Allah (SWT), Allah (SWT) will take 10 steps towards you! So go for it!!

There was this one time where my mom and I were driving and then we saw one of my neighbor. So we stopped the car to ask her if she needed a ride then we saw that she was wearing improper hijab (her neck was showing). So my mom asked he "why aren't you wearing proper hijab?" and she was like " because it's so hot". Then my mom told he "well hell fire is hotter" and the girl was like speechless.

In what specific ayah in the quran does Allah mention the hijab?

Jazakaallahukhayran once again!

I love you all for the sake of Allah!

Salam

Idris16

Wa `Alaykum al-Salâm Warahmatullâh Wabarakâtuh

The best answer would be: ''Because I am a Muslim!!:)''

jonas1993

Banned
personal feeling

personally
as a secular muslim
i do not believe in the hijab
i would divorce my wife if she was to wear it instantly
i am 18 and would not want a girlfriend or wife who wore one
i don't want an old lady

this is not stated to cause offense
I think these rules need to be interpreted with a historical context
what was good 1400 years ago in mecca is not needed now anymore in a modern society

maybe i have been raised differently as i come from a secular emirati family
but i can't stand seeing emirati and arabic women in the hijab or niqab
i just want to take those things off them and see them in a nice skirt

esperanza

revert of many years
personally
as a secular muslim
i don't want an old lady

what was good 1400 years ago in mecca is not needed now anymore in a modern society

salam

what do you mean by secular muslim...

wearing hijab does not mean an old lady....there are many women more beautiful in hijab

do you mean you would like the world and other men to enjoy seeing the beauty of your wife...

everyone is entitled tyo their view..but as many in arab countries move towartsd western things..they are losing true islam

the hijab is part of a muslim womans identity

jonas1993

Banned
what does it matter if they see my girlfriend or wife with out a hijab?
all that matters is she is faithful to me
but i was raised in a secular home
where my family is muslim but also secularist and believes in separation of islam and state/daily life as Turkey has and Tunisia has.

a_stranger

:salam2:
There is one islam which was revealed to prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa salam 1400 ago : it is Quran and Sunna. No other versions of islam. What you are talking about is something else not Islam. We have one teacher for islam prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
what does it matter if they see my girlfriend or wife with out a hijab?
all that matters is she is faithful to me
but i was raised in a secular home
where my family is muslim but also secularist and believes in separation of islam and state/daily life as Turkey has and Tunisia has.

Brother,

As per US law, citizenship can be revoked if a person convicted for an act of treason against the United States. In Islam, a person considered had denounced his or her religion when he / she does things against Qur'an and Sunnah. Believe and practice secularisme is an act apostasy.

jonas1993

Banned
Brother,

As per US law, citizenship can be revoked if a person convicted for an act of treason against the United States. In Islam, a person considered had denounced his or her religion when he / she does things against Qur'an and Sunnah. Believe and practice secularisme is an act apostasy.

and i'm the extremist? who are you to decide if I am an apostate or not? I think you sound a lot more extreme then me!

Um Ibrahim

personally
as a secular muslim
i don't want an old lady

I hope you really don't mean what you just wrote, because if you do mean it, then you just rejected one of the verses of the Qu'ran by saying "I don't believe in the Hijab." Please take some time to learn your religion, it doesn't really matter how you were raised, now you're an adult who's actions will be questioned, so you have to educate yourself. Ask your self what's the benefit of the Hijab? and more importantly who is it that has commanded Muslim women to wear the Hijab? It's not just a human, but the Creator of the worlds who knows what's best for us. How can you deny or disrespect Hijab and wish to "take those things off" of women who are trying to follow Allahs' commandments:astag:. As a Muslim woman, I'm deeply offended of what you wrote, even non-Muslims respect Muslim women and their hijabs despite their difference of opinion. May Allah guide you.

septithol

Banned
Oh, and I also talk about the man dominated fashion industry. How oppressive they are, and how they've been manipulating the definition of beauty to exploit women. Tell them about how the real oppressors are the tight jeans and short skirts. No one can deny that.

Well, as a woman who has a need to be moving around, I don't think I'm going to be picking many raspberries in thickets or hunting rabbits in a swamp or even riding my bike while wearing tight jeans, a short skirt, or high heels. However, I ALSO don't think I'm going to be doing those things if I wore a hijab.

I'm afraid it's looser jeans, or shorts, a T-shirt or sweatshirt, and either sneakers or sandals for me, depending on the weather.

As for modesty, there is more to 'modesty' than the sheer amount of clothing. A nudist will tell you, quite correctly, that certain sorts of clothing, some of which may actually cover most of the body, due to the materials or the tightness or the way they are cut, are far less modest and more sexual in nature than complete nakedness.

I should also point out that even clothing that might look very modest, is not actually 'modest' if by wearing it, you are trying to draw some sort of attention to yourself. If your attitude in wearing a hijab is something along the lines of "Look at me! I am wearing a Hijab, aren't I a super-holy person and far better than you for enduring such discomfort in order to be modest?!", then I would not call that modesty, I would call that a form of pride.

Some branches of the Wiccan religion has an interesting idea regarding clothing and modesty that I might mention here. A lot of Wiccans, when they are having their religioous ceremonies, will have everyone in the coven wearing robes that are identical. The idea behind it is that all people, rich or poor, are equal before the eyes of God (or whatever Gods Wiccans worship), so they wear identical clothing during their religious services, so as not to have some of their coven pridefully display their wealth during their worship by wearing clothing that is obviously much more expensive than the clothing worn by other members.

jonas1993

Banned
I hope you really don't mean what you just wrote, because if you do mean it, then you just rejected one of the verses of the Qu'ran by saying "I don't believe in the Hijab." Please take some time to learn your religion, it doesn't really matter how you were raised, now you're an adult who's actions will be questioned, so you have to educate yourself. Ask your self what's the benefit of the Hijab? and more importantly who is it that has commanded Muslim women to wear the Hijab? It's not just a human, but the Creator of the worlds who knows what's best for us. How can you deny or disrespect Hijab and wish to "take those things off" of women who are trying to follow Allahs' commandments:astag:. As a Muslim woman, I'm deeply offended of what you wrote, even non-Muslims respect Muslim women and their hijabs despite their difference of opinion. May Allah guide you.

oh well i find hijabs offensive and backwards and think they make beautiful women look like old maids or walking ghosts...

freedom of speech means freedom to say what you believe... I don't see any benifit to Hijab what so ever and I will say that all I want.

esperanza

revert of many years
oh well i find hijabs offensive and backwards and think they make beautiful women look like old maids or walking ghosts...

freedom of speech means freedom to say what you believe... I don't see any benifit to Hijab what so ever and I will say that all I want.

its really a shame that you think lik that
how can a hijab be offensive
when you marry you will enjoy your wifes beauty why do others need to see it
yes you have freedom of speech but your a muslim ..dont be led by others..think deeply yoursefl