King Saud University

Keen4Deen

:salam2:

I am thinking of doing my Masters and PHD in Policial Science and Public Administation in Saudi Arabia. I would like to live among the Muslims and work there as well. Tuition is also free. I am doing my bachelors here in Canada for Political Science. Is this a good University? and are there alot of jobs in the public or government sector with this kind of degree? I also would really love to learn arabic, for reasons of the dean. Anyone currently enrolled or know anything about it?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Sister alf, though I'm not 100% sure of the reasons for education there being free, but I think there have recently been many new additions such as new departments or new universities open up. They want to promote it amongst people around the world, and hence they're offering it for free.

Keen4Deen

I was doing some reaserach on the school and not only is it free tuition, they provide living area on campus, which i think is great. Its saudi arabia what do you expect they have money!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I was doing some reaserach on the school and not only is it free tuition, they provide living area on campus, which i think is great. Its saudi arabia what do you expect they have money!

Can women go!? :hearts:

mufakkir

I am thinking of doing my Masters and PHD in Policial Science and Public Administation in Saudi Arabia. I would like to live among the Muslims and work there as well. Tuition is also free. I am doing my bachelors here in Canada for Political Science. Is this a good University? and are there alot of jobs in the public or government sector with this kind of degree? I also would really love to learn arabic, for reasons of the dean. Anyone currently enrolled or know anything about it?

Wa 'Alaikum Salaam,

MashaAllah brother. A noble intention, indeed.
I am actually a teacher at King Saud University (English Department) alhamdulillah.
In regards to whether KSU is a good university, the answer would depend on how you wish to compare universities and also what criteria you use to do so. In terms of facilities, KSU has perhaps the most advanced facilities available to its students in the region, and dare i say, even in most western institutions. The government has been spending a huge amount of capital on the university which has resulted in its recent accolade as being top 500 university in the world. If you are definitely planning on studying in KSA, then King Saud University should probably be top of your list.

As for employment, an MA would do wonders for you in finding a job in the Kingdom. If you obtain a Phd, then your job would almost certainly be secured.

Was Salaam

Keen4Deen

Wa 'Alaikum Salaam,

MashaAllah brother. A noble intention, indeed.
I am actually a teacher at King Saud University (English Department) alhamdulillah.
In regards to whether KSU is a good university, the answer would depend on how you wish to compare universities and also what criteria you use to do so. In terms of facilities, KSU has perhaps the most advanced facilities available to its students in the region, and dare i say, even in most western institutions. The government has been spending a huge amount of capital on the university which has resulted in its recent accolade as being top 500 university in the world. If you are definitely planning on studying in KSA, then King Saud University should probably be top of your list.

As for employment, an MA would do wonders for you in finding a job in the Kingdom. If you obtain a Phd, then your job would almost certainly be secured.

Was Salaam

:salam2: I am currently in my 3rd year and hoping to finish as soon as possible, is the school in high demand, by "high demand" I mean are there many students applying to the university which means I might get lost in the bunch. I have to admit my grades are decent and not amazing, is it hard to get in? what tips do you have for me to help me secure a spot at the school.