Tentation

Laure

Salaam sister and brother

I feel like shaytan wants me to fall on his tentation. Im starting to doubt of my self. Its like he is whisperin at me Since I feel im not good enough and that everyone is sayin that too and a lot more thing.
What can i do to not listen to shaytan and his tentations?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

None of us are perfect. we all have our share of short comings, for some its more out in the open then others. Shaytan is just a stupid moron who only can whisper and do nothing else. It all depends on your strength, you can tell shaytan to shove it or you can start doubting yourself. jinn shaytan is no different than human shaytans, you can kick all of them to the curb if you try.

visit here:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/2022

a_stranger

:salam2:
Learn Quran and Hadith and be with a good company .......pray 5 times with a heart. :salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah: then you will defeat shay tan by the help of Allah.

Hatty

:salam2:

I think we should start whispering to Shaytan whenever he comes and try to tempt us. He should repent and start worshiping Allah before it is late.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

Brother Hatty what you said is not possible. The posts below are from the thread 'World of the Jinn and Devils' and from them it shows Shaytaan's enmity towards us. Also, I think it is ill-advised in attempting to challenge Shaytaan (I know you didn't say this but came across like this, forgive me if you feel I misinterpreted your words).

The Enmity between Man and the Shaytaan

1 – The reasons for this enmity, its origin and intensity

The enmity between man and the Shaytaan is deeply-rooted; its origins go back to the day Allah formed Adam, before He breathed the soul into him. The Shaytaan started to walk around him. In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from Anas that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“When Allah formed Adam in Paradise, He left him for as long as He willed to leave him, and Iblees started to walk around him, looking at him to see what he was. When he saw that he was hollow, he knew that he had been created with a disposition such that he would not have self-control.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 4/2016, no. 2611)

When Allah breathed the soul into Adam, and commanded the angels to prostrate to Adam, Iblees used to worship Allah with the angels of heaven, so he was included in the command. But he thought too highly of himself and was arrogant, so he refused to prostrate to Adam:

Iblees said: ‘I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.’

(Qur’aan, 7: 12)

Our father Adam opened his eyes, and found the utmost respect, for he found the angels prostrating to him. But he also found a terrible enemy who threatened him and his children with destruction and misguidance.

Allah expelled the Shaytaan from Paradise, the abode of eternal life, because of his arrogance, but he obtained a promise from Allah to let him alive until the Day of Resurrection:

(Iblees) said: ‘Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e., the Day of Resurrection).’

(Allah) said: ‘You are of those respited.’

(Qur’aan, 7: 14-15)

The accursed one vowed to himself to mislead the children of Adam:

(Iblees) said: "Because You have sent Me astray, surely I will sit In wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path.

Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find Most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."

(Qur’aan, 7: 16-17)

These words indicate the extent of his efforts to misguidance the children of Adam. He comes to him in all directions, from the right and the left, from in front and from behind. Al-Zamakhshari said in his commentary on this aayah:

“Then I shall most certainly come to him from the four directions from which an enemy usually comes. This is a metaphor for his insinuating whispers (waswaas) to them, and his encouraging them to do well as much as he can, as Allah said:

‘And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allah’s disobedience), make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry.’

(Qur’aan, 17: 64)

(Tafseer al-Kashshaaf, 2/71)

Allah warns us against the devils

The Qur’aan warns us at length against the Shaytaan because of the seriousness of his fitnah (temptation, tribulation), how clever he is at misguiding people, and how keen he is to do so.

Allah says:

O’ Children of Adam! Let not Shaytaan (Satan) deceive you.

(Qur’aan, 7: 27)

Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy.

(Qur’aan, 35: 6)

And whoever takes Shaytaan (Satan) as a Wali (protector or helper) instead of Allah, has surely, suffered a manifest loss.

(Qur’aan, 4: 119)

The enmity of the Shaytaan never changes and never ceases, because he thinks that his banishment, his being cursed and his expulsion from Paradise happened because of our father Adam, so he has to take revenge on Adam and his descendants:

(Iblees (Satan) said: ‘See this one whom You have honoured above me, if You give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely, seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!’

(Qur’aan, 17: 62)

Those who seek to educate and guide people focus their attention on the soul and its defects but they fail to acknowledge their sworn enemy.

2 – The aims of the Shaytaan

(1) His ultimate aim

There is one aim which the Shaytaan is striving ultimately to achieve, which is to lead man to Hell and deprive him of Paradise:

He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

(Qur’aan, 35: 6)

(2) His short-term goals

That is the ultimate aim of the Shaytaan; with regard to his short-term goals, they are many, and include the following:

i) Causing people to commit shirk and kufr

He does this by calling them to worship things other than Allah, and to disbelieve in Allah and His laws:

(Their allies deceived them) like Shaytaan (Satan), when he says to man: ‘Disbelieve in Allah.’ But when (man) disbelieves in Allah, Shaytaan (Satan) says: ‘I am free of you.’

(Qur’aan, 59: 16)

Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from ‘Iyaad ibn Himaar that the Prophet :saw: gave a khutbah one day, in which he said:

“O’ people, Allah has commanded me to tell you something of which you are unaware, that He has taught me today. (Allah says) ‘All the wealth that I have bestowed upon a person is halaal. I have created all my slaves as hunafaa’ (pure monotheists), but the devils came to them and diverted them from their religion. They forbade them that which I had permitted to them, and commanded them to associate in worship with Me things for which I had not sent down any authority.’”

(Narrated by Muslim, 4/2197, no. 2865)

4 – He was left to be the support and ally of evildoers

Part of the reason why he is left until the Day of Judgement is that he said, when he dispute with his Lord:

(Iblees – (Satan)) said: ‘See the one whom You have honoured above, if You give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely, seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!’

(Qur’aan, 17: 62)

Because Allah knew that among (Adam’s) offspring would be those who
were not fit to dwell in Paradise, and who would be fit only for that which is fuelled by wood and dung (i.e., Hellfire), He left those people to (Be misguided by) him. So Allah decreed, these are your friends and companions, so lie in wait for them and every time one of them passes by you, then do what you like with him. If he deserved to be with Me, I would not have given you any power over him, because I protect the righteous, who are those who deserve to belong to Me, and you are the friend of the evildoers, who have turned away from Me and who scorn My pleasure.

Allah says:

Verily, he has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allah).

His power is only over those who obey and follow him (Satan), and those who join partners with Him (Allah, i.e. those who are Mushrikoon, i.e., polytheists).

(Qur’aan, 16: 99-100)

In fact Allah caused the Prophets and Messengers to die not because they were insignificant to Him, but because they could attain a position where He could honour them, where they could rest from the hardships and exhaustion of this world and the sufferings inflicted on them by their enemies and their followers. It was also done so that other Messengers might come after them, so that there would be one Messenger after another. Thus causing them to do die was better for them and for the respective ummah. For them it was a respite from this world causing them to be joined with the higher companions in the utmost joy and happiness, especially when their Lord had given them the choice of staying in this world or joining Him.

With regard to the benefit to the nations of the Prophets’ deaths, it is to demonstrate that who would obey them not only during their lifetime but also after their deaths, and to demonstrate who would not worship them, but rather worship Allah by obeying their commands and heeding their prohibitions, for Allah is the Ever-Living Who never dies. How much wisdom there is in their dying, how greatly that serves their interests and the interests of the ummah. For they are human, and Allah did not create human beings with a physical constitution that is suited to ongoing existence; He rather created them as succeeding generations on earth, one generation following another. If He caused them to remain alive, the benefits and wisdom of making the succeeding generations would be lost and the earth would become crowded. Death is a step towards perfection for every believer. Were it not for death there would be no pleasure in living on this earth and its people would not enjoy their life here. There is a wisdom in death as well as in life.

EDIT: And to Sister Laure I would add this to the advices you have been given: I like the portion below of how we should be cautious. However you stated doubts. Therefore turn to Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala, and seek His protection from the Shaytaan. I will include a couple of portions after the bit below which Insha'Allaah help.

1 – Being watchful and cautious

The evil and crafty enemy is keen to lead the children of Adam astray. We know his aims and his methods of misguidance. The more we know about this enemy and his aims and means, and the ways in which he misleads us, the more we can save ourselves from him. But if a man is unaware of these things then his enemy can capture him and lead him in whatever way he wants.

Ibn al-Jawzi brilliantly depicted the conflict between man and the Shaytaan when he said:

“Know that the heart is like a fortress, around which are walls, in which there are gates and in which there are breaches. Its occupant is reason, and the angels visit that fortress frequently. Beside it there is a place where desire resides, which is frequented by the devils with no restrictions. There is a war between the dwellers of the fortress and the dwellers of that other place, and the devils are constantly going around the fortress, looking for a moment of negligence on the part of the guards so that they can cross one of the breaches in the walls.

The guard must be aware of all the gates of the fortress which he has been appointed to guard, and all the breaches in its walls. He must never slacken for a moment, because the enemy never slackens. A man said to Al-Hasan al-Basri,

‘Does Iblees ever sleep?’

He said,

‘If he slept, then we would have some peace.’

This fortress is illuminated by remembrance of Allah (dhikr) and faith. In it there is a burnished mirror which reflects the image of everything that passes by it. The first thing that the Shaytaan does in that place is to increase the smoke and blacken the walls of the fortress, and obscure the mirror. Perfect thinking repels the smoke and dhikr clear the mirror.

The enemy launches attacks, sometimes he attacks and enters the fortress, then the guard repels him and throws him out. He enters and causes a great deal of mischief in that place, and he may enter and stay there because of the negligence of the guard. Then the breeze that blows away the smoke may cease, so the walls of the fortress become black and the mirror becomes obscured, and then the Shaytaan passes in front of it and no one is aware of that. He may wound the guard because of his negligence, or take him prisoner and use him for purposes of trickery and to strengthen whims and desires.”

(Talbees Iblees, 49)

2 – Adhering to the Qur’aan and Sunnah

The greatest means of protecting oneself against the Shaytaan is adherence to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, by knowing them and following them. The Qur’aan and Sunnah brought the Straight Path, and the Shaytaan strives to divert us from this path.

Allah says:

"And verily, this is My Straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqoon ."

(Qur’aan, 6: 153)

The Messenger :saw: explained this aayah. It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ood said:

“The Messenger of Allah :saw: drew a line on the ground, then he said,

‘This is the way of Allah.’

Then he drew lines to the left and the right of it, and said,

‘These are the others ways, and on every way there is a devil calling people to that way.’

Then he recited,

‘And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it.

This is narrated by Imaam Ahmad, An-Nasaa’i and Al-Daarimi.

(Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 1/58, no. 166. The editor of Al-Mishkaat said, its isnaad is hasan).

Following the beliefs, actions, words, acts of worship and laws that have come to us from Allah, and avoiding everything that He has forbidden, gives a person protection against the Shaytaan.

Hence Allah says:

O' you who believe! enter perfectly In Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, he is to you a plain enemy.

(Qur’aan, 2: 208)

The word silm (translated here as “Islam” means Islam, or it is said that it means obedience to Allah. Muqaatil interpreted it as meaning doing all kinds of good deeds. Therefore He commanded them to adhere to all the branches of faith and laws of Islam as much as they can, and forbade them to follow in the footsteps of the Shaytaan. So the one who enters into Islam is keeping away from the Shaytaan and his path. Anyone who neglects some aspect of Islam has followed some of the footsteps of the Shaytaan, hence permitting that which Allah has forbidden, forbidding that which Allah has permitted, or eating haraam or filthy things, are all forms of following in the footsteps of the Shaytaan which we have been forbidden to do:

O mankind! eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth, and follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, he is to you an open enemy.

(Qur’aan, 2: 168)

Adhering to the Qur’aan and Sunnah in word and deed expels the Shaytaan and annoys him immensely. Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that
Abu Hurayrah said:

“The Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

‘When the son of Adam recites an aayah where prostration is required and
he prostrates, the Shaytaan withdraws weeping,

- and says,

‘Woe to him (according to the report of Abu Kurayb: woe to me), the son of Adam was commanded to prostrate and he prostrated, so Paradise is his; I was commanded to prostrate and I refused, so Hell is my fate.’”

(Muslim, 1/87, no. 81)

Turning to Allah and seeking His protection

The best way of seeking protection from the Shaytaan and his troops is to turn to Allah and seek His protection, and to seek refuge with Him from the Shaytaan, because He is Able to grant that. If Allah takes His slave under His protection, then the Shaytaan has no means of reaching him.

Allah says:

Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. don't punish them).

And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaytaan (Satan) then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

(Qur’aan, 7: 199-200)

Allah commanded His Messenger :saw: to seek refuge with Allah from the suggestions of the devils and from their coming near:

And say: "My Lord! I seek refuge with you from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayaateen (devils).

"And I seek refuge with you, My Lord! lest they may attend (or come near) me."

(Qur’aan, 23: 97-98)

The suggestions of the devils mean their insinuations and whisperings. Thus Allah is commanding us to seek refuge with him from the devilish enemy whose enmity is inevitable, because he does not accept any kindness, and his aim is nothing less that the destruction of the son of Adam, because of the great enmity between him and his father Adam.

Ibn Katheer said in his Tafseer (1/28):

“Seeking refuge means turning to Allah for protection from the evil of everyone who does evil... The phrase ‘I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Shaytaan’ means I seek the protection of Allah from the accursed Shaytaan, so that he may not harm me in my religious commitment or worldly affairs, or prevent me from doing that which I have been commanded to do, or urge me to do that which I have been forbidden to do. For no one can prevent the Shaytaan from harming man except Allah. Hence Allah commanded us to avoid the harm of the human devil by being kind to him and doing favours to him, because that is bound to have a good effect on him and make him stop trying harm us, and He commanded us to seek refuge in Him from the devil among the jinn because he does not accept any bribe, and he is not moved by kindness, because he is evil by nature, and no one can keep him from harming you except the One Who created him.”

The Messenger :saw: often used to seek refuge with His Lord from the Shaytaan in various ways, such as when he said after the opening du’aa’ of the prayer:

“A’oodhu Billaah is-Samee’ al-‘Alee min ash-Shaytaan-ir-rajeem, min hamzihi wa nafkhihi wa nafthifi

(I seek refuge with Allah, the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytaan, from his madness, his arrogance and his poetry.”

This is narrated by the authors of the four books of Sunan and by others from Abu Sa’eed.

(A saheeh hadith. See its isnaads and the comments of Shaykh Naasir ad-Deen al-Albaani in Irwaa’ al-Ghaleel, 2/51, no. 341)

Hatty

@ ditta, first I am not a sister. I believe it is a mistake. I did the same with one of the sister by calling her a brother. I should say sorry to that sister. It was a mistake.

Thanks for your post. informative and good. My post was not meant to be serious, I was only making a joke, maybe I am not good at that :)...I don't really want to challenge Shaytan, I just hope he stays away from.....

Salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Whoops. I'm really sorry that I addressed you as a sister, I will amend that now. And sorry that I misunderstood your post (failed to see the humour) although I think the points mentioned there are still helpful for the thread as a whole.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I feel like shaytan wants me to fall on his tentation. Im starting to doubt of my self. Its like he is whisperin at me Since I feel im not good enough and that everyone is sayin that too and a lot more thing.

wa alikumassalaam,

Sister,shaytaan is an open enemy and he runs through our veins like blood.He said I will come from before you and behind you and above you and below you and try to tempt you.In Surah AlAraf[7:17] ,it is mentioned in the trabnslation:shaytaan is saying to Allah:

Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."

I mean he is mayoos(one who has in despair from Allah's mercy),far removed from Allah's mercy and anything good is shaytaan.He comes most after those who are trying to get closer to Allah so as to cause a rift and as akhi ditta posted how he is an open enemy to mankind.

Just whenever such thoughts assault your mind,seek refuge in Allah and say audhu'billahi min ashshaytaan irrajeem (I seek refuge in Allah,from satan accursed)
It says in Surah Al Fussilat[41:36]:

And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah . Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Secondly shaytaan invites you to all that is evil,so repel evil with that which is better ,as it says in Surah Al Fussilat :

And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better;[41:34]

Also in Surat Ar-Ra`d[13:22]

And those who are patient, seeking the countenance of their Lord, and establish prayer and spend from what We have provided for them secretly and publicly and prevent evil with good - those will have the good consequence of [this] home -

Also in Surat Al-Qaşaş[28:54]

Those will be given their reward twice for what they patiently endured and [because] they avert evil through good, and from what We have provided them they spend.

So dear brother my advice to you is make a list of at least 10 good deeds you can do to prevent 1 evil and keep on increasing the list and most importantly,apply that list in your life inshaAllah.

Thirdly do dhikrullah(remember Allah) often.Shaytaan wants us to go far away from Allah and His remembrance so he whispers and tries to divert us from Allah's remembrance,as it says in Surat Al-Mā'idah(translation) [5:91]:

Satan only wants to cause between you animosity and hatred through intoxicants and gambling and to avert you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. So will you not desist?

Shaytaan also wants us to be miserable and hopeless and desolate like him,because he is lost and has lost hope in Allah,so he wants us to be stressed,depressed,hopeless and every kind of negative feeling,but when Qur'an and Allah's remembrance is there,little can he do,it is a healer of hearts, a tranquil that descends upon believers hearts

And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.Surat Al-'Isrā' [17:82]

O mankind, there has to come to you instruction from your Lord and healing for what is in the breasts and guidance and mercy for the believers.Surat Yūnus[10:57]

Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.Surat Ar-Ra`d[13:28]

So shrug him off,tell shaytaan you are not hopeless like him,you are not negative like him,you have something that he doesn't have,you have HOPE IN ALLAH,tell that enemy of Allah to get lost.
Hold on to this hope and Allah will send his sakeenah(assurance) and rahamah (mercy)on you,inshaAllah and give you refuge.

Fourthly there is a book called 'Hisnul Muslim' which means fortress of a muslim,download it inshaAllah and learn the masnun dua(sunnah invocations) ,they will act as fortress for you agains this enemy the first of the kaafirs the enemy of Allah,the shaytaan mardood.
Here is a link for that book and a brief descriptio,insha'Allah >>

Invocations from the Qur'an & Sunnah. Translation of Hisnul-Muslim. (aka 'Citadel of the Believer') This is a very beautiful booklet consisting of many authentic Dua's (supplications) for a Muslim to supplicate on a daily basis and on special occasions. Author's Note... This book is an abridgment of my earlier work entitled, Adh-Dhikr wad-Du'a wal-'llaj bir-Ruqyah mina'-Kitab was-Sunnah. In order to make it small and easily portable, I have chosen only the section on words of remembrance for this abridgment. To achieve this, I only mentioned the text of the words of remembrance instead of the entire Hadith. I also limited myself to mentioning only one or two references from the original book for each Hadith. Whoever would like to know about the Companion who related a particular Hadith, or more information about where it is recorded, should refer to the original work (mentioned above). I ask Allah the Glorious, the Mighty, by His beautiful Names and by His sublime Attributes to accept this as having been done sincerely for His sake alone. I ask Him to bring me its benefits during my lifetime and after my death. May those who read it, those who print it, or have had any role in distributing it, benefit from it also. Surely He, glory be unto Him, is Capable of all things. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon our Prophet, Muhammad, and upon his family and Companions and whoever follows them in piety until the Day of Judgment. Said bin Ali bin Wahaf Al-Qahtani, Safar,1409

http://kalamullah.com/Books/fortress_of_the_muslim.pdf

Also read mua'awidhatayn(verses of refuge Surah alfalaq and an nas).

I pray that Allah may help you and me and us all against this enemy.Ameen.

ayesha.ansari

Oh ALLAH

Hey dear i feel the same so that is shytan who is doing this to me and i blame my self all the time.... ALLAH mery mercy mercy...
Please any one tell me any supplication or prayer to get rid of this problem. :tti_sister:

a_stranger

*!:salam2:

*!*!*!*!*! *!*!
وَقُل رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ

Waqul rabbi aAAoothu bika min hamazati alshshayateeni
23:97 And say "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones.

وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَن يَحْضُرُونِ (23:98)

WaaAAoothu bika rabbi an yahdurooni

23:98 (Asad) and I seek refuge with Thee, O my Sustainer, lest they come near unto me!’ - *!*!

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

Jazakumulaah kheyr for the wonderful link. it has very good information. From the link you provided I clicked on another link which took me to this blog: http://shayaateen.wordpress.com/contact-us/

It has a lot of information on shaytan, how to protect our self and how to understand his tricks so we can be careful and cautious against his whispers. Great blog mashaaAllah.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

Salaamu alaykum
My dear sister
What you have to do is Play what the shaytaan plays
He shoots u
you duck
How?
Shoot him with quran and hadith(I do not mean throw quran and hadith books lol)
I mean read them out loud to ur self then he will burn burn and burn
he will then be so afraid that he wont even appear
but the Whispers in ur ear is nonburnable unless if u have positive in ur mind
because Positive can not beat negative
so try read quran as much learn hadith
memorise hadith
memorise quran

Hope i helped you out