Racist Libyans attacking and Raping Black people

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Watch the video here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14966512

"A BBC investigation has found allegations of abuse against African migrant workers in Libya by fighters allied to the new interim government.

Hundreds of men have been imprisoned, accused of being mercenaries for Col Gaddafi. There are also claims that homes have been looted and women and girls raped."

aisha16

This is disgusting. But I always find it strange when Arabs in Africa are racist to the"black africans". Aren't they located on the black continent? I hear this all the time from Egyptians being racist to blacks. BTW- For the record Libyans and Egyptians are pretty dark themselves..so why the hate.. :O Just saying...

Idris16

Yet you find Libyans calling ALL of those fighters ''Mujâhidôn''. Fighting for nationalism and want to get kufr laws - a Mujâhid? And you see them the Libyans thanking NATO for help. As if NATO bombed Ghaddafi to help Libyans, they bombed his men because of their own interests.

The Libyans shouldnt thank NATO nor should they call ALL those fighters ''Mujâhidôn''.

Hatty

:salam2:

Both of you above making mistakes in generalizing the behaviors of few individual and assume that all Libyans are like that. It is like here in the West, when a Muslim does something wrong, they assume all Muslims are like that. You should know that and learnt not to generalize.

Secondly the information in this report with regard to rape is a claim. No evidence. Even if it happened that does not make Libyans guilty of this crime. Those kinds of crimes took place even during the time of our Prophet. That is why there is a punishment system for such things. Those who committed the crime are guilty of it.

Thirdly, the news report is out of context. They should have included in the report the crimes committed by black Africans in Libya over the last 10 years. This includes all sorts of crimes in the book. Since Daffy opened the border without any entry requirements - imagine what kind of people would come in this case - all the criminals. Then the report should explain how those crimes have affected the Libyan people negatively until it reached the stage of the-straw-which-broke-the-camels-back by killing Libyans over the last 6 months. It is not as if we are dealing with educated Africans here.

Fourthly, these people were fighting with Daffy to kill Libyans. Already 3000 mercenaries are in custody and 10000 already left to Niger and Mali.

Finally, in Islam it is allowed to seek military help from non-Muslims - as long as it is to remove evil and to bring good. I do not recall the incident but there is an evidence form the time of our Prophet.

Yes we are not white in Libya. We are mixed and you can find all colors in Libya. We do not have problem with black people. 30% of native Libyans are blacks. The problem is not the color brother, it is their behaviors and moral values that they bring with them.

septithol

Banned
I agree very Strongly with Hatty's very sensible post. However, I would like to add something about the news being taken 'out of context' and not mentioning the crimes of the black Libyans. This may be true, and if there are such crimes, I can understand the hatred of people against them. However, that said, the crime of one black Libyan cannot justify a rape against a different black Libyan.

aisha16

"It is not as if we are dealing with educated Africans here." I didn't understand that comment. Care to explain....

septithol

Banned
"It is not as if we are dealing with educated Africans here." I didn't understand that comment. Care to explain....

Aisha, which poster here said that? My head is hurting me very badly the past couple of days and I can't seem to find that comment in the thread.

I do know that there are some very ignorant and evil people in some parts of Africa. For instance, there is a belief there held by some people that the body parts of albino animals and albino people as well have magical powers. As a result, there have been many cases of evil people killing other people who happen to be albinos, and hacking their bodies apart with machetes, in order to sell the body parts supposedly to do their 'magic'.

In case anyone here doesn't know, an 'albino' is a sort of disorder some people are born with, it causes them to have no color (or very little color) in their hair, skin, and eyes. They have to avoid the sun, because the absence of color in their skin means they will get very bad sunburns, and sometimes have trouble seeing, because of the lack of color in their eyes, but otherwise, they are just like everyone else. I believe someone here said that the Koran forbid racism, or discriminating against people because of their color, if that is true, I would think that should apply to not killing people because they are albinos as well.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Both of you above making mistakes in generalizing the behaviors of few individual and assume that all Libyans are like that. It is like here in the West, when a Muslim does something wrong, they assume all Muslims are like that. You should know that and learnt not to generalize.

Totally agree. There are black sheep in every community who ignores the teaching of their religion for the sake of lust. Islam against racism, that's fact. There are black sheep in Islamic community too, we can't deny that.

Already have We urged unto Hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle---nay, but they are worse!! These are the neglectful. (Sura al-A’raf, 7: 179)

aisha16

Secondly the information in this report with regard to rape is a claim. No evidence. Even if it happened that does not make Libyans guilty of this crime. Those kinds of crimes took place even during the time of our Prophet. That is why there is a punishment system for such things. Those who committed the crime are guilty of it.

Thirdly, the news report is out of context. They should have included in the report the crimes committed by black Africans in Libya over the last 10 years. This includes all sorts of crimes in the book. Since Daffy opened the border without any entry requirements - imagine what kind of people would come in this case - all the criminals. Then the report should explain how those crimes have affected the Libyan people negatively until it reached the stage of the-straw-which-broke-the-camels-back by killing Libyans over the last 6 months. It is not as if we are dealing with educated Africans here.

Fourthly, these people were fighting with Daffy to kill Libyans. Already 3000 mercenaries are in custody and 10000 already left to Niger and Mali.

Finally, in Islam it is allowed to seek military help from non-Muslims - as long as it is to remove evil and to bring good. I do not recall the incident but there is an evidence form the time of our Prophet.

Yes we are not white in Libya. We are mixed and you can find all colors in Libya. We do not have problem with black people. 30% of native Libyans are blacks. The problem is not the color brother, it is their behaviors and moral values that they bring with them.

It's in the bold print. And yes, I know every people has their own problems and issues. But I personally didn't get that...

I also know what you mean about the Albinos being killed in some part of Africa like Tanzania. They are killed and have their organs taken out for "magic". Other Africans in the area believe they are almost supernatural beings because they are Albinos...little do they know it's just a skin disorder and nothing less or nothing more...And yes the Qur'an says no killing. But did you forget these people are not practicing Islam like they should be. Magic is a no-no in Islam. We as Muslims are supposed to abstain from practicing magic at all.

But anyways I didn't mean to cause any trouble..I personally hate all the bickering on this forum lately...I've been coming on here since I was 13 or 14..and now that I'm 18 I can see there is much difference...but I apologize if I said anything offensive or made generalizations..it's just sad that when these type of things happen...it can really make your blood boil and get you saying whatever comes to mind....

Hatty

Hi Sister...It was me who wrote that post. I do not want to make your blood boil or anything, I am sorry if I caused an offense to anyone here. it was not my intention. I do not want to apologize on behalf of those who may have transgressed against innocent people in Libya. As you can see there are many Libyans who obeyed Daffy to carry out unspeakable crimes against their fellow Libyans. And if there are some Libyans who transgressed against people from other countries, it is not my responsibility and i am not guilty of their crime.

But when I read to the title of this post, it made me feel that it involves every Libyans and I felt that I should explain and clarify the matter. When I wrote that sentence which you highlighted in bold, I was trying to explain that when Daffy opened the borders to African countries and for everyone who wants to come, he is welcome to come - without taking any measures to filter out the bad from the good. I do not think any sensible leader would open his border blindly to anyone to come in. so in this case who would you expect to come over to Libya? Do you expect the doctors, engineers, teachers, social workers, nurses, university professors, scientists, philosophers to come to Libya?

there must be an immigration system in place to filter who should come in and who should not come in - as the case in every other country?

So when I wrote that sentence I am referring to the majority of people who are coming to Libya. And the majority of people are poor people who want to better their living standard and unfortunately many dodgy people too. I am sure if Daffy had the same immigration policy with Latin America, we would be having the same problem with them. So it has nothing to do with Africa. It is with policy and its consequences.

And by the way, we also have similar problem with regard to fraud associated with people who come from an Arab country.

GunMan

Salam Alaikom.

I just wanted to state that it was a well-known fact that Qazzafi had brought mercenaries from Niger and neighboring African countries to kill and terrorize the Libyan rebels who were opposing Qazzafi. So it was normal for the Libyans to imprison and beat those that they could catch.

I do not know of this specific case in the video you showed, however I am saying what happened.

aisha16

Hi Sister...It was me who wrote that post. I do not want to make your blood boil or anything, I am sorry if I caused an offense to anyone here. it was not my intention. I do not want to apologize on behalf of those who may have transgressed against innocent people in Libya. As you can see there are many Libyans who obeyed Daffy to carry out unspeakable crimes against their fellow Libyans. And if there are some Libyans who transgressed against people from other countries, it is not my responsibility and i am not guilty of their crime.

But when I read to the title of this post, it made me feel that it involves every Libyans and I felt that I should explain and clarify the matter. When I wrote that sentence which you highlighted in bold, I was trying to explain that when Daffy opened the borders to African countries and for everyone who wants to come, he is welcome to come - without taking any measures to filter out the bad from the good. I do not think any sensible leader would open his border blindly to anyone to come in. so in this case who would you expect to come over to Libya? Do you expect the doctors, engineers, teachers, social workers, nurses, university professors, scientists, philosophers to come to Libya?

there must be an immigration system in place to filter who should come in and who should not come in - as the case in every other country?

So when I wrote that sentence I am referring to the majority of people who are coming to Libya. And the majority of people are poor people who want to better their living standard and unfortunately many dodgy people too. I am sure if Daffy had the same immigration policy with Latin America, we would be having the same problem with them. So it has nothing to do with Africa. It is with policy and its consequences.

And by the way, we also have similar problem with regard to fraud associated with people who come from an Arab country.

It wasn't what you said that made my blood boil. It was the fact that Libyans are raping and beating black people that got my blood boiling. I get what you mean though. Peace.

Hatty

It wasn't what you said that made my blood boil. It was the fact that Libyans are raping and beating black people that got my blood boiling. I get what you mean though. Peace.

You should come down sister. It is the same thing happened to Libyan women when Africans arrived to Libya. Not only that they also kidnapped young boys and girls. We did have a back lash against Africans in early 2000 because they have raped Libyan women - I thought it was part of their culture as it is normal to hear of people being raped in Africa and they think they can do the same in Libya. So that was the beginning of the negativity towards them. I am not saying all Libyans are angels.I am sure there are those who might rape because they are sick or because they want to take revenge as in this case - you need to take into account what they have been doing in Libya. And in both case, it was isolated cases. It was wrong for the Libyans to generalize because what few of them did, and it is wrong for the Africans to generalize because of what the few did.

But I think this generalization is a human problem. We all suffer from it. If we do not remove our emotion from the situation then we will certainly fall into the trap.

adamsmith

I hadn't heard about this, until i read the story on the link you posted. I'ts a terrible story. Sometimes I wonder why humans do what they do.