Grandparents that died, were not Muslim...

trying2learn

Assalamualikum,

I have a question. My grandparents are both dead. My Grandma died from cancer in 2003 and I just lost my Grandfather on August 30th to COPD, among other complications. Neither my Grandma or Grandpa were Muslim, they were both Christian. My question is can I make dua for them? They were both elderly and knew nothing about Islam, so I know they didn't make a decision to not follow Islam they had no understanding of Islam whatsoever. My Grandparents were very important to me, and alot of the values they instilled in me (they raised me) have helped me as a Muslimah, because alot of what they taught me is also taught in the Qur'an. I would love to have an answer....thank you.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Assalamualikum,

I have a question. My grandparents are both dead. My Grandma died from cancer in 2003 and I just lost my Grandfather on August 30th to COPD, among other complications. Neither my Grandma or Grandpa were Muslim, they were both Christian. My question is can I make dua for them? They were both elderly and knew nothing about Islam, so I know they didn't make a decision to not follow Islam they had no understanding of Islam whatsoever. My Grandparents were very important to me, and alot of the values they instilled in me (they raised me) have helped me as a Muslimah, because alot of what they taught me is also taught in the Qur'an. I would love to have an answer....thank you.
~~~
:wasalam:
:salam2:

Dear sister,
About your good intention and thought,
Masha'allah though
a good du'a is useful for a muslim either lliving or in death but here
regarding this situasion you are in, we are totaly different in faith
with your grandparents.

Your grandparents have already left us embracing the religion they feel comfortable with(disbeliever) ,
you should respect them for that.
Unless they are still around this is a different story.

One can't make du'a for them
not because you may not but because 'NO' good du'a will be fulfill by Allah swt for those who died
as disbelievers(kaffirin).
Access denied.
Sorry.
:SMILY252:Sympathy and Condolences.

──█▀▀█───█──────────
──█▄▄▄─█─█─▄──────────▀▀█────▄───█▀▀─
─▄▄▄▄█─█─█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀█───▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄─
─────▄▄█───▄────█▄█─────────▄─▄──────

26th.Syawal.1432Hijrah

To
You
And
All My Family In Islam.

Take Care!
~Wassalam

trying2learn

I thought it was different for someone that died never heard the message of Islam than someone who passes who heard the message of Islam and chose not to revert.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
I thought it was different for someone that died never heard the message of Islam than someone who passes who heard the message of Islam and chose not to revert.

~~~

They are given the opportunity when they heard the message
did they make the Shahadah?
You mentioned that they choose not to revert
then that their choice then.

Dear sister,
They are not with us now,
respect for whatever their choice .
Let them go freely
sister.

Take care,
~Wassalam

trying2learn

I'm sorry for the confusion of the way I worded my response. I meant that they NEVER heard the message of Islam. They died before knowing Islam.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I sometimes wonder what my grandparents would think of me now. They were both devout Christians from a small rural town in west Tennessee. I don't think they knew much about Islam if anything, so I'm not sure what they would think of me now.

But this is all about me trying to become a better man. I would hope they could at least respect that much, even if my way is not their way.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) stated in his al-Adhkar that… it is permitted to pray for guidance for non-Muslims, good health well-being, and the like, because of the hadith of Anas (Allah be pleased with him) that, “The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) asked for water and a Jew gave him some, so the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to him, ‘May Allah make you beautiful,’ so the man did not see gray hair till he died.”

As for after their death, it is impermissible (haram) to make dua for forgiveness and the like for a non-Muslim, for Allah Most High said, “It is not for the Prophet and those who believe to pray for the forgiveness of unbelievers even though they may be near of kin after it has become clear that they are people of hell-fire.” [Qur’an, 9: 113]

There are many hadiths that mention this, and there is scholarly consensus (ijma`) on this matter.” [al-Mawsu`a al-Fiqhiyya, Kuwait]

As for making dua that Allah give them that which is best for them, or that which they deserve, even after death, while consigning their affairs to Allah, there is nothing wrong with this.

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, and He did not permit me. I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He granted me permission.” Muslim (916)

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allaah’s forgiveness for the Mushrikoon, even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)” [al-Tawbah 9:113]

Those that died without knowing Islam and being able to make a decision on it. Allah will test them some other way. It is between them and Allah, as far as we are concerned, they died as disbelievers.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

I dont really know
but if they died on ramadan They would go straight to janna no pit bit
Dying in ramadaan is Not good as in dying but think about the reward

Karima80

:salam2: brothers and sister,
I also been thinking of this but in another content. If a child dies, Astaghfirullah. Will he/she enter Jannah then. Even if it was raised in a home with no believes or as christians/jewish?
:wasalam:

Precious Star

The Holy Quran says in 2:62

"Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good -- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve."

I hope this answers your question! May you meet your grandparents in Jannah, Insha'Allah.

Idris16

In establishing the Hujjah upon an original disbeliever, it is sufficient for the non-Muslim who has never heard anything about Islām to accomplish this by using the following declaration; Muhammad (saw) is the messenger of Allāh (swt) for all the worlds and he calls to the testify that there is no god but Allāh (swt). If this message was conveyed to the non-Muslim in question in a language they understood then the Hujjah has been established upon him, he would no longer be given the excuse of ignorance if he were to meet this call with coldness or rejection and he is a Kāfir (disbeliever) in this world and the Hereafter and the promise of eternal punishment applies to him if he were to die upon his disbelief. The evidence for this is the statement of the Prophet (saw) who said,

By the One whose Hand is my soul! Any person of the Jewish or the Christian nations who hears about me and dies without believing in the message I was sent with, will be amongst the companions of the fire.” Sahīh Muslim

This evidence indicates that whoever hears about the Prophet (saw) in the way we presented previously and does not believe in him except that he will be punished in the fire for eternity.

Taken from a book.

So did your grandfather hear about prophet Muhammad :saw:?

"Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good -- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve."
Isn't that Noble âyah abrogated....?

brothers and sister,
I also been thinking of this but in another content. If a child dies, Astaghfirullah. Will he/she enter Jannah then. Even if it was raised in a home with no believes or as christians/jewish?
If kaafirs have good morals, will they enter Paradise? Will the children of the kuffaar enter Paradise?

trying2learn

neither of my grandparents knew anything about Islam or the prophet Muhammed (pbuh). No one ever conveyed anything to either of them, for one I was not muslim yet when my grandma died, and I lived over 500 miles from my grandfather and never had the opportunity to tell him.

a_stranger

Dear sister

Allah is most mercifull ,absolutiy just .......no one will be wronged ......each soul will be treated fairly ........so have peace and rest .....and depend on Allah.

Idris16

neither of my grandparents knew anything about Islam or the prophet Muhammed (pbuh). No one ever conveyed anything to either of them, for one I was not muslim yet when my grandma died, and I lived over 500 miles from my grandfather and never had the opportunity to tell him.
Ok, if it is as you say let us give them the benefit of the doubt. But I dont have the answer to your question. You asked about making dua for them. But inshâ'Allâh you will get an answer, be patient.

esperanza

revert of many years

dear sister..this is something ioften wonder about too.my grandma died without knowing about islam..she was over 80 when i became muslim so extremely hard to convince...after a lifetime knowing nothing about islam and never knowing a muslim,,,she was the dearest person to me,,,and will always make me so sad.....

hassana elkoussi

The Holy Quran says in 2:62

I hope this answers your question! May you meet your grandparents in Jannah, Insha'Allah.

As-salamu alaykum sis,

No, sis. THis ayah (verse), according to the interpretation of scholars refers to all those who believed in their Prophets and Messengers before the message of Islam was delivered to our Prophet pbuh. In other words, those who believed in Allah, the One God, and in the hereafter, according to the messages of Moses, Jesus, etc and died as such, " shall have no fear nor shall they grieve" and will in sha Allah be rewarded with jannah But since the message of Islam abrogates all other messages, it follows that all should seek the truth and follow this message. Hope this helps.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Answer has already been given, you can ignore it or accept it.

Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) stated in his al-Adhkar that… it is permitted to pray for guidance for non-Muslims, good health well-being, and the like, because of the hadith of Anas (Allah be pleased with him) that, “The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) asked for water and a Jew gave him some, so the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to him, ‘May Allah make you beautiful,’ so the man did not see gray hair till he died.”

As for after their death, it is impermissible (haram) to make dua for forgiveness and the like for a non-Muslim, for Allah Most High said, “It is not for the Prophet and those who believe to pray for the forgiveness of unbelievers even though they may be near of kin after it has become clear that they are people of hell-fire.” [Qur’an, 9: 113]

There are many hadiths that mention this, and there is scholarly consensus (ijma`) on this matter.” [al-Mawsu`a al-Fiqhiyya, Kuwait]

As for making dua that Allah give them that which is best for them, or that which they deserve, even after death, while consigning their affairs to Allah, there is nothing wrong with this.

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, and He did not permit me. I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He granted me permission.” Muslim (916)

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allaah’s forgiveness for the Mushrikoon, even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)” [al-Tawbah 9:113]

Those that died without knowing Islam and being able to make a decision on it. Allah will test them some other way. It is between them and Allah, as far as we are concerned, they died as disbelievers.

As for children, anyone who dies before puberty is a child and free from sin and therefore inshallah goes to jannah. Anyone after puberty is considered an adult in Islam and will be judged like anyone of us.

K-A-K

Can i pray that whosoever has died without knowing what Islam really is Or who God really is, receives Allah's Mercy? Because i wonder about all those who haven't heard a thing about it... and it scares me how many people will end up in a place that noone would want to be in... :S I have so many questions pertaining to this issue as it troubles me a lot. For me, Allah is Just and knows how to judge... and He can save them if He wills... Because there have been many people who were pious and led great lives without knowing Islam. I'd like to think that Allah SWT will give them Justice and His Mercy inshAllah...

thanks for the help...

And yes, all those who die before puberty, will not be responsible inshAllah. They lived lives according to their parents instructions. and i hope same is the case with the people who have abnormalities that pertain to brain, etc.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Can i pray that whosoever has died without knowing what Islam really is Or who God really is, receives Allah's Mercy? Because i wonder about all those who haven't heard a thing about it... and it scares me how many people will end up in a place that noone would want to be in... :S I have so many questions pertaining to this issue as it troubles me a lot. For me, Allah is Just and knows how to judge... and He can save them if He wills... Because there have been many people who were pious and led great lives without knowing Islam. I'd like to think that Allah SWT will give them Justice and His Mercy inshAllah...

thanks for the help...

It's a kind thought but that's not how it works.

Its a fact that people will go to hellfire and those who die on shirk will stay there forever. Those who die without knowing Islam, Allah will test them how He wishes and judge them based on that. So that is between them and Allah, so don't worry about them or making dua for them as that is not our place.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "The first man to be called on the Day of Resurrection will be Adam who will be shown his offspring, and it will be said to them, 'This is your father, Adam.' Adam will say (responding to the call), 'Labbaik and Sa'daik' Then Allah will say (to Adam), 'Take out of your offspring, the people of Hell.' Adam will say, 'O Lord, how many should I take out?' Allah will say, 'Take out ninety-nine out of every hundred." They (the Prophet's companions) said, "O Allah's Apostle! If ninety-nine out of every one hundred of us are taken away, what will remain out of us?" He said, "My followers in comparison to the other nations are like a white hair on a black ox.
Bukhari, Book 8, Volume 76, Hadith 536

And yes, all those who die before puberty, will not be responsible inshAllah. They lived lives according to their parents instructions. and i hope same is the case with the people who have abnormalities that pertain to brain, etc.
It has nothing to do with what their parents taught them. Those who have not hit puberty are regarded as children and innocent in Islam and therefore free from sin. Same goes for the ones affected mentally.

The Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: “The Pen is lifted from three (i.e., their deeds are not recorded):

1. a child until he reaches puberty;
  2. an insane man until he comes to his senses;
  3. one who is asleep until he wakes up.”
[Recorded in Abu Dawud #4403, and Ibn Majah #2041]

This is an important hadith, fundamental to usool-ul-fiqh. This hadith applies in practically every situation and with every issue. It gives us understandings such as that children don’t need to pray or fast prior to puberty, that the insane are not criminally liable, and so on.