The NATO invasion of Libya: an entire Nation destabilized and destroyed.

sclavus

Destroying a Country's Standard of Living: What Libya Had Achieved, What has been Destroyed

by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky

"There is no tomorrow" under a NATO sponsored Al Qaeda rebellion.

While a "pro-democracy" rebel government has been instated, the country has been destroyed.

Against the backdrop of war propaganda, Libya's economic and social achievements over the last thirty years, have been brutally reversed:

The [Libyan Arab Jamahiriya] has had a high standard of living and a robust per capita daily caloric intake of 3144. The country has made strides in public health and, since 1980, child mortality rates have dropped from 70 per thousand live births to 19 in 2009. Life expectancy has risen from 61 to 74 years of age during the same span of years. (FAO, Rome, Libya, Country Profile,)

According to sectors of the "Progressive Left" which have endorsed NATO's R2P mandate: "The mood across Libya, particularly in Tripoli, is absolutely—like there’s just a feeling of euphoria everywhere. People are incredibly excited about starting afresh. There’s a real sense of rebirth, a feeling that their lives are starting anew. (DemocracyNow.org, September 14, 2011 emphasis added)

The rebels are casually presented as "liberators". The central role of Al Qaeda affilated terrorists within rebel ranks is not mentioned.

"Starting afresh" in the wake of destruction? Fear and Social Despair, Countless Deaths and Atrocities, amply documented by the independent media.

No euphoria.... A historical reversal in the country's economic and social development has occurred. The achievements have been erased.

The NATO invasion and occupation marks the ruinous "rebirth" of Libya's standard of living That is the forbidden and unspoken truth: an entire Nation has been destabilized and destroyed, its people driven into abysmal poverty.

The objective of the NATO bombings from the outset was to destroy the country's standard of living, its health infrastructure, its schools and hospitals, its water distribution system.

And then "rebuild" with the help of donors and creditors under the helm of the IMF and the World Bank.

The diktats of the "free market" are a precondition for the instatement of a Western style "democratic dictatorship ".

About nine thousand strike sorties, tens of thousands of strikes on civilian targets including residential areas, government buildings, water supply and electricity generation facilities. (See NATO Communique, September 5, 2011. 8140 strike sorties from March 31 to September 5, 2011)

An entire nation has been bombed with the most advanced ordnance, including uranium coated ammunition.

Already in August, UNICEF warned that extensive NATO bombing of Libya's water infrastructure "could turn into an unprecedented health epidemic “ (Christian Balslev-Olesen of UNICEF's Libya Office, August 2011).

Meanwhile investors and donors have positioned themselves. "War is Good for Business'. NATO, the Pentagon and the Washington based international financial institutions (IFIs) operate in close coordination. What has been destroyed by NATO will be rebuilt, financed by Libya's external creditors under the helm of the "Washington Consensus":

"Specifically, the [World] Bank has been asked to examine the need for repair and restoration of services in the water, energy and transport sectors [bombed by NATO] and, in cooperation with the International Monetary Fund, to support budget preparation [austerity measures] and help the banking sector back on to its feet [The Libyan Central bank was one of the first government buildings to be bombed]. Employment generation for young Libyans has been added as an urgent need facing the country." (World Bank to Help Libya Rebuild and Deliver Essential Services to Citizens emphasis added).
Destroying a Country's Standard of Living: What Libya Had Achieved, What has been Destroyed (Cont'd)

Hatty

When I was reading this article I had a feeling that the author of the article was Russian. And just a simple google was enough to confirm it....As the new NTC in Libya decided not to buy weapons from Russia anymore and their thinkers started to write some negative info.

since Um_mustafa lives in Tripoli at the moment, could you please go and take a new photos of the Libyan Central Bank and post it here on TTI to prove that the building was not bombed and to discredit this post.

Thank you....:salam2:

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
When I was reading this article I had a feeling that the author of the article was Russian. And just a simple google was enough to confirm it....As the new NTC in Libya decided not to buy weapons from Russia anymore and their thinkers started to write some negative info.

since Um_mustafa lives in Tripoli at the moment, could you please go and take a new photos of the Libyan Central Bank and post it here on TTI to prove that the building was not bombed and to discredit this post.

Salams Brother ,
Of course you are right , Libya has not had a health srevice or educatation or any thing else for the last 42 years as Gaddafi has destroyed any thing that was good here far before any Nato bombs.
I cant belive people still belive the lies that are going around.
When going around Tripoli there is not much evidence of the destruction they are saying , the bombing was aimed at Gaddafis mens barracks and arms storage areas, they talk of civilianing dying in bombings, I have only heard of the killings of civilans from Gaddafis froces and still 1,000's of people are still missing and we are finding mass graves.
I wish people would get over the Nato thing and strat looking at the destruction Gaddafi and his family have made on the country in this dirty war of theirs.
They went out to destroy the people of Libya, if possible to wipe them off the face of the earth, weather the West or "Nato " have their own motive or not doesnt hide that fact they most people here are grateful for them from stopping a maccare of its people so if the people here are alright with that why cant the others keep out of their affairs.

All people seem to focus on is Nato, not the real issue of Gaddafi and his crimes against humanity, come to Misrata and see the destruction he made on the people , go up the coast road to ward Tunisia and see Zawiyah's destruction , by bullets and tanks on unarmed civilans, Zuwara is another examples which I have witness as well, please brothers and sisters stop posting the Gaddafi tyrants propaganda, the people of Libya have been through enough , they need your support now, not you prolonging the war for them,
w/salams
Um Mustafa

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salams,
another point,

"Destroying a Country's Standard of Living: What Libya Had Achieved, What has been Destroyed"

I wonder what standard of the living that is as ?????? you really have no idea what Libya is really like!
An oil rich nation with no health service , where the people go to get reated in Tunisia, education is a mess , go the Souk Al juma who have had dirt roads for the last 42 years where peoples salaries are only around 250/300LD a month , they havent risen for the last 42years!!! while the cost of living has been rising.
I fyour a working for Gaddafi and doing his dirty work you also can live like a king! but not the ordinary person on the street.
Please come over and talk to the people of Libya what their country is like then you have a better understanding of life under Gaddafi!!
w/salams

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Will there be a peace in Libya going fwd? Look at Iraq... they wanted to get rid of one dictator but they have many now because why? They sought help from kuffars to do so.

Hatty

Where were the Muslims before the international community got involved? why they allowed Gaddafi to continue killing the Libyans? The Muslims regimes were supporting Gaddafie to kill the Libyans. All Muslim countries should get rid of their leaders the traitors.

sclavus

The article I posted cannot possibly be propaganda because it's the contrary of what is repeated endlessly in the mass media machine. To refute the information it contains you have to put premises and build arguments, your statement about the nationality of the writer has no argumentative value.

Also, has anybody inquired about the Libyan Central Bank?!

There's no need for a Central Bank Building, and if I were a rebel leader I would have destroyed that building before NATO. Rebels had established their own Central Bank and also their own oil company in March of 2011, well before the fall of Kadhafi. You didn't know that, did you?! The Angels of Liberty are smart aren't they?!

Libyan people have been used to make a coup d'état. Libya has just been sold to the Banking Jews. Face it! Libya will have to pay interests to the IMF and the WB for a long long time. Kadhafi owed money to the Jews, now the Jews owe money to smart Libyan revolutionaries, how smart! Bravo!

You're unable to get the super obvious fact that NATO and the UN totally destroyed Libya's infrastructure and are gonna 'rebuild' it for the banker's absolute benefit, yet it happened many times before. How would it be possible to explain to you why the bankers were so upset with Kadhafi's finance and future projects?!

You've been blinded my friend.

I've posted another article focused on the financial aspect of the Libyan revolution. You'll not find similar stuff on TV.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=525107#post525107.

msmoorad

mommys boy
Will there be a peace in Libya going fwd? Look at Iraq... they wanted to get rid of one dictator but they have many now because why? They sought help from kuffars to do so.

salaams to all

please understand
they did not seek the help of the kuffaar- the kuffaar inserted themselves into the picture by committing false flag attacks & carpet bombing innocent people and abusing their military might to steal the oil.

the situation in Iraq is strange because the new puppet govt is a shia govt with many of them originally from iran but at the same time Iran & the US are not best of friends.

irrespective
both are kaafirs.

Allah ta'ala says:
“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

esperanza

revert of many years
salam

you are telling libyan people that they dont know whats going on in their country,,,are you libyan have you been there to see the facts
no doubt at all nato and the west entered for their own needs and gains..but...they did not destroy all of libyas infrastructure...i think youll find gadaffi forces did more destruction

you may call me naive....but your not there to know the real truth
and you are choosing the propoganda you want to hear...
russia has its own agenda..more often than not taking the opposite side of other western powers be it right or wrong

the libyans did not ask for help....you ask those in benghazi,,,when gadaffis troops were at the gates of the city..if they needed help
there would have been without doubt an enormous massacre in that town,,,,
had not nato entered at that time

yes iknow that western influence in a country usually has negative influences and everyone will try to benefit...
but there are more fats that you need to investigate beofre making a sweeping statement about libya and its future and about nato

sachin4islam

Salams Brother ,
Of course you are right , Libya has not had a health srevice or educatation or any thing else for the last 42 years as Gaddafi has destroyed any thing that was good here far before any Nato bombs.
I cant belive people still belive the lies that are going around.
When going around Tripoli there is not much evidence of the destruction they are saying , the bombing was aimed at Gaddafis mens barracks and arms storage areas, they talk of civilianing dying in bombings, I have only heard of the killings of civilans from Gaddafis froces and still 1,000's of people are still missing and we are finding mass graves.
I wish people would get over the Nato thing and strat looking at the destruction Gaddafi and his family have made on the country in this dirty war of theirs.
They went out to destroy the people of Libya, if possible to wipe them off the face of the earth, weather the West or "Nato " have their own motive or not doesnt hide that fact they most people here are grateful for them from stopping a maccare of its people so if the people here are alright with that why cant the others keep out of their affairs.

All people seem to focus on is Nato, not the real issue of Gaddafi and his crimes against humanity, come to Misrata and see the destruction he made on the people , go up the coast road to ward Tunisia and see Zawiyah's destruction , by bullets and tanks on unarmed civilans, Zuwara is another examples which I have witness as well, please brothers and sisters stop posting the Gaddafi tyrants propaganda, the people of Libya have been through enough , they need your support now, not you prolonging the war for them,
w/salams
Um Mustafa

Assalamu Alaikum:

There was a need of a civil movement in your country if it was to dethrone Gaddafi and not intervention by Nato. These are forces who dethrone,may be evil dictators but soon themselves occupy the void created.Would you support external forces to solve your indigenous issues?. May Allah save your country from these devils who are rapidly reviving colonial imperialism.

Regards.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
salaams to all

please understand
they did not seek the help of the kuffaar- the kuffaar inserted themselves into the picture by committing false flag attacks & carpet bombing innocent people and abusing their military might to steal the oil.

the situation in Iraq is strange because the new puppet govt is a shia govt with many of them originally from iran but at the same time Iran & the US are not best of friends.

irrespective
both are kaafirs.

You may have the impression that I'm siding with Gaddafi, if yes then you are wrong. No Muslim shall support any dictator.

I hope it is what as you mentioned and I hope the new govt will not be another puppet of US/Israel. Their true colours will be known once the new govt properly install.

sclavus

salam

you are telling libyan people that they dont know whats going on in their country,,,are you libyan have you been there to see the facts
no doubt at all nato and the west entered for their own needs and gains..but...they did not destroy all of libyas infrastructure...i think youll find gadaffi forces did more destruction

you may call me naive....but your not there to know the real truth
and you are choosing the propoganda you want to hear...
russia has its own agenda..more often than not taking the opposite side of other western powers be it right or wrong

the libyans did not ask for help....you ask those in benghazi,,,when gadaffis troops were at the gates of the city..if they needed help
there would have been without doubt an enormous massacre in that town,,,,
had not nato entered at that time

yes iknow that western influence in a country usually has negative influences and everyone will try to benefit...
but there are more fats that you need to investigate beofre making a sweeping statement about libya and its future and about nato

Praise to Allah,

Dear sister, Libya is my neighborhood, thousands of Algerians go to Libya to make a better living. If it was total chaos, my brothers would have chosen some other country or just have remained in theirs.

Without backup from the west the rebels would have been crushed by Kadhafi in a couple of days. You can't fight a real army with just kalashnikovs, you need a lot more than that.

Gadhafi has been portrayed as a devil, everybody believe that he destroyed his own infrastructure. Even drunk Vandals wouldn't have done such a thing but Kadhafi, no problem, that's why we have TV sets, to believe the unbelievable.

But, what if the rebels are destructing the country's infrastructure to weaken Kadhafi and to give the world police a reason to setlle in and invade the country. Remember that the rebel leader thanked the foreign armed forces for their "help". That version is more plausible than the evil-dictator-self-destruction fallacy.

When you see things going on like that, try to know who benefits the most: the rebels and the west but not Kadhafi. I don't think that he was that dumb to self-destruct. In fact I think he was real smart. He just messed up with finance just like Saddam did and that made the bankers really upset with him, so they got rid of him. Kadhafi printed his own money and backed it up by real gold, he wanted euros for his oil instead of dollars, he wanted a united Africa with gold as it's currency. That'll made the Jewish bankers broke. No usury, no banking. You may say that he has stolen his own gold, but I don't think he could manage to do it. he was even unable to save his own money when the Swiss Bank got his assets frozen.

Money is the backbone of any war. When we'll be able to understand the money flow, the rest will follow.

Assalaam.

msmoorad

mommys boy
You may have the impression that I'm siding with Gaddafi, if yes then you are wrong. No Muslim shall support any dictator.

I hope it is what as you mentioned and I hope the new govt will not be another puppet of US/Israel. Their true colours will be known once the new govt properly install.

salaams to all

nobody is saying Ghaddafi was/is a perfect leader.
but if we compare him to these rebels who are nothing more than mercenaries -he is far better.

one of the first moves of these rebels was to engage in talks with the west regarding the establishment of Libyas Reserve Bank & then they also said they are prepared to recognise Israel as a sovereign state.

plus- they have the support of the zionists.

what does that say about them & their motives?
so, if we had to compare, Ghaddafi is far better.

jazakallah

esperanza

revert of many years
salaams to all

nobody is saying Ghaddafi was/is a perfect leader.
but if we compare him to these rebels who are nothing more than mercenaries -he is far better.

one of the first moves of these rebels was to engage in talks with the west regarding the establishment of Libyas Reserve Bank & then they also said they are prepared to recognise Israel as a sovereign state.

plus- they have the support of the zionists.

what does that say about them & their motives?
so, if we had to compare, Ghaddafi is far better.

thats a very sweeping statement to say all rebels are merenaries.....and insulting to thosde who have given there lives to stand for their freedom..open your eyses and look at the evidence of atrocities now bein uncovered committed by gadaffi\

most rebels were not mercenaries but ordinary peop0le who had enough of suffering

i know eventually this thread will be closed...but forgive me but icant keep quiet when you talk so about suffering of libyan people

jazakallah

thats a very sweeping statement to say all rebels are merenaries.....and insulting to thosde who have given there lives to stand for their freedom..open your eyses and look at the evidence of atrocities now bein uncovered committed by gadaffi\

most rebels were not mercenaries but ordinary peop0le who had enough of suffering

i know eventually this thread will be closed...but forgive me but icant keep quiet when you talk so about suffering of libyan people

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Allah swt Knows Best!

Destroying a Country's Standard of Living: What Libya Had Achieved, What has been Destroyed

by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky

"There is no tomorrow" under a NATO sponsored Al Qaeda rebellion.

While a "pro-democracy" rebel government has been instated, the country has been destroyed.

Against the backdrop of war propaganda, Libya's economic and social achievements over the last thirty years, have been brutally reversed:

The [Libyan Arab Jamahiriya] has had a high standard of living and a robust per capita daily caloric intake of 3144. The country has made strides in public health and, since 1980, child mortality rates have dropped from 70 per thousand live births to 19 in 2009. Life expectancy has risen from 61 to 74 years of age during the same span of years. (FAO, Rome, Libya, Country Profile,)

According to sectors of the "Progressive Left" which have endorsed NATO's R2P mandate: "The mood across Libya, particularly in Tripoli, is absolutely—like there’s just a feeling of euphoria everywhere. People are incredibly excited about starting afresh. There’s a real sense of rebirth, a feeling that their lives are starting anew. (DemocracyNow.org, September 14, 2011 emphasis added)

The rebels are casually presented as "liberators". The central role of Al Qaeda affilated terrorists within rebel ranks is not mentioned.

"Starting afresh" in the wake of destruction? Fear and Social Despair, Countless Deaths and Atrocities, amply documented by the independent media.

No euphoria.... A historical reversal in the country's economic and social development has occurred. The achievements have been erased.

The NATO invasion and occupation marks the ruinous "rebirth" of Libya's standard of living That is the forbidden and unspoken truth: an entire Nation has been destabilized and destroyed, its people driven into abysmal poverty.

The objective of the NATO bombings from the outset was to destroy the country's standard of living, its health infrastructure, its schools and hospitals, its water distribution system.

And then "rebuild" with the help of donors and creditors under the helm of the IMF and the World Bank.

The diktats of the "free market" are a precondition for the instatement of a Western style "democratic dictatorship ".

About nine thousand strike sorties, tens of thousands of strikes on civilian targets including residential areas, government buildings, water supply and electricity generation facilities. (See NATO Communique, September 5, 2011. 8140 strike sorties from March 31 to September 5, 2011)

An entire nation has been bombed with the most advanced ordnance, including uranium coated ammunition.

Already in August, UNICEF warned that extensive NATO bombing of Libya's water infrastructure "could turn into an unprecedented health epidemic “ (Christian Balslev-Olesen of UNICEF's Libya Office, August 2011).

Meanwhile investors and donors have positioned themselves. "War is Good for Business'. NATO, the Pentagon and the Washington based international financial institutions (IFIs) operate in close coordination. What has been destroyed by NATO will be rebuilt, financed by Libya's external creditors under the helm of the "Washington Consensus":

"Specifically, the [World] Bank has been asked to examine the need for repair and restoration of services in the water, energy and transport sectors [bombed by NATO] and, in cooperation with the International Monetary Fund, to support budget preparation [austerity measures] and help the banking sector back on to its feet [The Libyan Central bank was one of the first government buildings to be bombed]. Employment generation for young Libyans has been added as an urgent need facing the country." (World Bank to Help Libya Rebuild and Deliver Essential Services to Citizens emphasis added).
Destroying a Country's Standard of Living: What Libya Had Achieved, What has been Destroyed (Cont'd)
~~~
:salam2:

Thank you
for sharing this news
brother.
:jazaak:

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslim~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam.

sclavus

Not all of them but a good number, I believe.

You see, an ordinary man is unable to handle a katyusha rocket launcher, where is he gonna get that equipment to begin with?! These people are well trained army personnel, they do it for a living. Ordinary people could handle assault rifles or an RPG at best and that's it. Not to mention the organizational aspect of any combat, you have to coordinate and organize every movement of large groups of people-transmission, they call it. You need years of training in a regular army to be able to perform that task.

A gathering of ordinary untrained people would have been decimated by the Libyan army in a matter of days. IMO, NATO helped and directed the rebels well before their official invasion. The rebels do not have planes nor satellites, do they?! Where did they get data to locate their targets...

The Libyan revolution will set into place another democracy. This is the reason why it was fueled and coordinated by the West. We all know the extreme hatred of the West for our religion, how come have we been fooled into believing that they would agree with an Islamic emancipation of a Muslim nation?!

Assalaam.

esperanza

revert of many years
Not all of them but a good number, I believe.

You see, an ordinary man is unable to handle a katyusha rocket launcher, where is he gonna get that equipment to begin with?! These people are well trained army personnel, they do it for a living. Ordinary people could handle assault rifles or an RPG at best and that's it. Not to mention the organizational aspect of any combat, you have to coordinate and organize every movement of large groups of people-transmission, they call it. You need years of training in a regular army to be able to perform that task.

A gathering of ordinary untrained people would have been decimated by the Libyan army in a matter of days. IMO, NATO helped and directed the rebels well before their official invasion. The rebels do not have planes nor satellites, do they?! Where did they get data to locate their targets...

The Libyan revolution will set into place another democracy. This is the reason why it was fueled and coordinated by the West. We all know the extreme hatred of the West for our religion, how come have we been fooled into believing that they would agree with an Islamic emancipation of a Muslim nation?!

Assalaam.

on your last point ,yes why would the west support emanipation of a muslim country..we all know thye have hidden motives,,,but
there are many genuine oppostion libyans who have had eonugh of years of suffering and torture and are fighting for thier freedom ..so how can you disregard them or belittle their stand for freedom and diginity

sclavus

I didn't do so. But this happens to be reality, sister.

The problem is that we indulge in Western style messy projects to achieve our Islamic goals...Whole-hartedness, devotion and enthousiasm aren't enough. We need to be religiously correct in order to achieve our noble goals.

Allah subhanah hadn't put barakah in Communist, Socialist and Democratic thought and action. We'll get what we deserve...

We need to follow our Book and Sunnah to be able to change things to a better state. There's no escape: no getting back to religion, no emancipation.

Assalaam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What we need is BrotherJustOneinaMillion.

We have to do two things. One we need to do a historical analysis. After gaining understanding of the situation we need to go back to our knowledge and judgement base; the Quran and the Hadeeth.

Outside of that we are in speculation mode.