Hi everyone

GBintheUK

Hi, I'm new to this site and am looking into Islam with the possibility of converting. I was raised in a non-religious family but have always felt drawn to religion. I became a Christian at 17 years old and was active in that faith for a long time. But over the last 12 years I've became disillusioned with the church with its falling away from bible teachings and dismissal of its teachings.
Over the last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about Islam and how it seems to be a faith that keeps to its teachings and strives to develop the whole person into a true follower of Allah. I work in a school and we had a visit to a Mosque, I cannot describe the feeling of peace I had there, this made me begin to seriously search and look into the teachings of Islam.
I have made contact with my local Islamic Cultural centre and hopefully I will be calling in next week to talk to the Imam.
I've come to this site to discover more about Islam, to find answers to questions that I have and to meet Muslims and hear about their journey in Islam.
Please accept my apologies if I offend anyone with a question, I have no intention of doing so but in my ignorance if I do post something please point out my error and help me learn the truth.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi GB, welcome to the website! We hope you enjoy your stay and that you will benefit from your time here.

Where abouts in the UK are you from?

salahdin

Welcome to this wonderful site ask and you will be answered.

[003:199] And lo! of the People of the Scripture there are some who believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto you and that which was revealed unto them, humbling themselves before Allah. They purchase not a trifling gain at the price of the revelations of Allah. Verily their reward is with their Lord. Lo! Allah is swift to take account.

GBintheUK

Thank you for the kind replies, I look forward to discussing Islam with you and finding the truth with your help.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome!

:salam2: to all my brothers
and sisters in Islam,

Hi!
Welcome To TTI
Glad to have you with us.

Hope to be meeting you very soon
to hear your latest outcome,
Masha'allah!

Thank you,
Take care!

──█▀▀█───█──────────
──█▄▄▄─█─█─▄──────────▀▀█────▄───█▀▀─
─▄▄▄▄█─█─█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀█───▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄─
─────▄▄█───▄────█▄█─────────▄─▄──────

To
All My Family In Islam.

Take Care,
~Wassalam :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Hello,

Welcome to the Forums, brother in humanity.

I pray your questions are answered soon! We'll(Allaah(God) willing) have another member added to our ever-growing Muslim population soon, Praise be to Allah!=)
And no need to apologize...only way to getting answers is if you ask. So, ask away!

a_stranger

You are most welcome, Islam guides us by the will of Allah to the most high level of purity and sincerity. I pray that Allah sobhanahu wa taala guides us all :salah:.

esperanza

revert of many years
Hi, I'm new to this site and am looking into Islam with the possibility of converting. I was raised in a non-religious family but have always felt drawn to religion. I became a Christian at 17 years old and was active in that faith for a long time. But over the last 12 years I've became disillusioned with the church with its falling away from bible teachings and dismissal of its teachings.
Over the last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about Islam and how it seems to be a faith that keeps to its teachings and strives to develop the whole person into a true follower of Allah. I work in a school and we had a visit to a Mosque, I cannot describe the feeling of peace I had there, this made me begin to seriously search and look into the teachings of Islam.
I have made contact with my local Islamic Cultural centre and hopefully I will be calling in next week to talk to the Imam.
I've come to this site to discover more about Islam, to find answers to questions that I have and to meet Muslims and hear about their journey in Islam.
Please accept my apologies if I offend anyone with a question, I have no intention of doing so but in my ignorance if I do post something please point out my error and help me learn the truth.

WELCOME TO THIS SITE..IM SURE YOU WILL LEARN ALOT FROM THIS SITE..AND HOPE YOU WILL FIND YOUR WAY TO ISLAM INSHALLA

icadams

Welcome to the TTI forums. This is really a great place to learn and I am sure that you will enjoy your time here.

Kirk

This is Kirk from Newyork. I am a hearing college teacher who has deaf students. I learned a lot from them and started to practice ASL recently. I am very slow but I hope with more practice it will get better.
Thank you!
Kirk

adamsmith

Hi Kirk, I'm new too. I've not led a religious way of life thus far, but have had some events occur that have led me to be interested in discovering a new way of life. I'm hoping to learn from people here about Islam and its' ethos whilst hopefully making some friends! Nice to meet you.

trying2learn

Welcome to TTI inshallah you will find everything you are looking for, Islam is a beautiful religion. I am a revert, I was raised christian but found myself drawn to Islam. I am so glad I reverted, I now have a sense of peace in my heart that was absent for my entire life (almost 27 years).

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Welcome GB !
Welcome Kirk !
Welcome Adam Smith !

I welcome you all into this forum and hopefully I would also like to welcome you as a Muslim brother too.

I hope you get to learn a lot about Islam here.

:wasalam:

GBintheUK

Hi everyone, just thought I would do a quick post and thank you for all your help. I may not have posted much but have read a lot and learned a lot from all your posts here on TTI!
Well I made a decision and tonight I made Shahadah at my local Islamic Cultural Centre. I am now a revert to Islam!
Thank you all again!!

esperanza

revert of many years
Hi everyone, just thought I would do a quick post and thank you for all your help. I may not have posted much but have read a lot and learned a lot from all your posts here on TTI!
Well I made a decision and tonight I made Shahadah at my local Islamic Cultural Centre. I am now a revert to Islam!
Thank you all again!!

thats great brother mashallah..welcome to islam..may allah make your path easy

AND remember were all here to help and support you inshallAH