Alpha Course for Muslims?

GBintheUK

I'm currently looking into Islam with the possibility of reverting and have had several questions answers here which has been very helpful. Was thinking about how people go about discovering information about Islam or any other religion and had a thought!
Some Christian churches run the Alpha course that teaches the basic beliefs and doctrines of the faith with the opportunity of asking questions in a non threatening enviroment. Its a 10 week course (if I remember rightly) and there is opportunity for people to accept the faith etc and join the church at the end.
Is there an Islamic equivelent that can be run in an Islamic cultural centre or mosque? It's such a simple but good idea, but cannot find any information on if such a course has been created or not?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
There are plenty of Islamic courses available on the internet. With regards to local courses, it would depend on the area that you live in and if the mosques there do this type of thing. Search for mosques in your town on google, and visit them, I'm sure they would be more than happy to teach you one-2-one.

GBintheUK

Thanks for the reply, I don't think online coures are the answer as being in a room with other like minded people seeking the same goal and exploring Islam together helps in the learning process.
I have contacted my local Islamic Cutural centre and they at present only run classes for children.
A Muslim version of the alpha course would fit perfectly for someone of my age looking into Islam and would help educate people who believe the tripe that is often published about Islam which often has no basis in the reality of real Islam.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I suggest you approach the Imam of that mosque and ask him for one-2-one lessons; it's better than nothing. And if you're that committed suggest it to him, maybe he will start an 'alpha course' himself.