Beneficial Brotherhood and Love

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Allah Says In The Quran:

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ
وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ
The Believers Are Like Brothers To One Another; So, Promote Peace And Reconciliation Among Them,
And Fear Allah, That You May Receive Mercy.
(Surah 49: Ayah 10)

The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) Said:

إنَّ المؤمِنَ للمُؤمنِ كَالبُـنيان يشـِدُّ بَعْضُه بَعضـا​
Truly The Faithful Are To One Another Like Components Of A Building—Each Part Supports The Other.
Muslim And Bukhari

مثَلُ المؤمنينَ في توادِّهم وتراحمهم وتعاطفهم كمثَلِ الجَسـدِ الواحد
إذا اشتكى منهُ عضْوٌ تداعى لهُ سائِر الجَسَدِ بالسَّر والحُمّى
The Similitude Of The Believers In Their Compassion, Mercy, And Affection Toward Each Other Is Like A Single Body. When One Organ Ails, The Whole Body Suffers And Reacts.

We are supposed to love each other for the sake of Allah, no other reason. If we do this, the rewards are so great:

Narrated Abu Hurayrah: Allah's Apostle (Peace Be Upon Him) said:

Verily, Allah would say on the Day of Resurrection: Where are those who have mutual love for My Glory's sake? Today I shall shelter them in My shadow when there is no other shadow but the shadow of Mine. (Sahih Muslim: Book 31, Number 6225)

Narrated Abu Hurayrah: Allah's Apostle (Peace Be Upon Him) said:

"A person visited his brother in another town and Allah deputed an Angel to wait for him on his way and when he came to him he said: Where do you intend to go? He said: I intend to go to my brother in this town. He said: Have you done any favour to him (the repayment of which you intend to get)? He said: No, excepting this that I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. Thereupon he said: I am a Messenger to you from Allah (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake)".
(Sahih Muslim, Book 31, Number 6226)

It is reported that ‘Abdullâh b. ‘Abbâs – Allâh be pleased with him – said,

“Love for Allâh and hate for Allâh, make your enmity because of Allâh and your allegiance because of Allâh; for indeed, the love and support of Allâh is not achieved save through this. And a man will never taste true faith (îmân) – though he may pray and fast much – except when he is like that. Today, the people’s brotherhood is based upon worldly considerations (dunyâ), but this will not do anything for them on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Ibn Al-Mubârak, Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ`iq article 353.)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said,

"Allah will give shade, to seven, on the Day when there will be noshade but His. (These seven persons are) a just ruler, a youth who has been brought up in the worship of Allah (i.e. worships Allah sincerely from childhood), a man whose heart is attached to the mosques (i.e. to pray the compulsory prayers in the mosque in congregation), two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in allah's cause only, a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for illicit intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of allah, a man who gives charitable gifts so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity), and a person who remembers allah in seclusion and his eyes are then flooded with tears."

“Two men who love each other for Allah’s sake, meeting for that and parting upon that....” Having mutual love for the sake of Allah is one of the great doors leading to the good of the Hereafter and a cause of tasting the sweetness of Eemaan in this world. Loving one another for Allah’s sake means that the Muslim does not love another except for the correctness of his Deen. So it does not matter what the person looks like, what he wears, how rich or poor he is, where he comes from, or what the colour of his skin is - perhaps you dislike everything about him, but you love him for his Eemaan: this is loving for Allah’s sake.

Also in the Saheeh Hadith Collected in The Sunan at-Tirmidhee & Musnad Ahmad , That the Messenger Of Allah said:

“Allah, the Mighty and Magnificent says: “Those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory will have pillars of light and will be envied the Prophets and martyrs.”(5/336-7)]

Allaah, the Majestic mentioned in his Noble Quran,

The believers are nothing else than brothers. So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allaah, that you may receive mercy. (Al-Hujurat 49:10)

Brotherhood is more precious than anything on the earth...who said so Rabbul-Aalameen....And He has united their (i.e. believers') hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts, but Allaah has united them. Certainly He is All-Mighty, All-Wise.
(Al-Anfal 8:63)

If we recognize that brotherhood is this precious, then we must be ready to stand up and defend it in the face of every troublemaker and every haughty arrogant individual who tries to ruin it. Why should we stand in their face? Because they are doing the devils work!! As Allaah said, The devil is the one who is intent on sowing the seeds of hatred and rancour between you...so whoever tries to ruin Islaamic brotherhood then we have to stand in his face! Because he is doing the devils work whether he is pleased with this or not!

Why does the Devil want to destroy this brotherhood?

Because it is so precious and valuable, brotherhood that if we lack it we will be weak, brotherhood if we are without out, we will be susceptible, brotherhood if we are without it, we will never achieve anything. The Shaytaan is aware that if there is no brotherhood, there is no community, if there is no brotherhood, there is no cooperation, if there is no brotherhood...there is weakness.
Pardoning and forgiving

A Jewish women brought a poisoned sheep to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and he ate that poisoned sheep...some of the Companions brought that woman to the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and said should we not kill her? and he said No, so who are you Abd-Allaah or Amaatullaah, when you are asked to forgive you say you are unable? You not only harm that person (who you hold a grudge against) but you harm yourself!

May Allah Increase Us In Eemaan, And May He Make Us From The Ones That Love Each other For Only His Sake.