We want a happy ending.

Thank you for watching!
Happy cooking.

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Thanks for sharing. I just just made this, it turned out okay. Though I poured in too much milk and then had to turn the flame on high to evaporate it. (Silly mistake). I only wish I had some chives and sour cream to go with it. :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Masha'allah!

Thanks for sharing. I just just made this, it turned out okay. Though I poured in too much milk and then had to turn the flame on high to evaporate it. (Silly mistake). I only wish I had some chives and sour cream to go with it. :)
~~~
:wasalam:

:mashallah:

Thank you for sharing
your experience with us
sister.
:jazaak:

~May Allah swt always help and guide you~Amin!

Take care,

xAllahKnowsBestx

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I was just looking through the "Five Star Kitchen" recipe threads yesterday 'cause I was hungry (lol) and I actually made it the way the guy explained it all. The guy in the video is funny btw. "That's not good don't use that.. And don't use that one either.. And that.. What the hell is that!" loool :D :D

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

The guy in the video is funny btw. "That's not good don't use that.. And don't use that one either.. And that.. What the hell is that!" loool :D :D

I found that line really funny too. Too bad I made my potatoes with the masher he said was no good and not to use. But I didn't have that cool one he had.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Nice recipe. Actually I have always made mashed potatoes by this way - it is quite traditional method. Similar mashing tool I have too in my kitchen...

In here we use a lot of potatoes and if this mashed potatoes will remain after dinner, we may use it with baking or fill by it our traditional pastries called "perunapiirakka".

perunapiirakat_87564f7e-573e-424e-b23e-5260df891819.jpg

I will looking for later to you recipe for those as now I have to run to my work...

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Thank you!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I was just looking through the "Five Star Kitchen" recipe threads yesterday 'cause I was hungry (lol) and I actually made it the way the guy explained it all. The guy in the video is funny btw. "That's not good don't use that.. And don't use that one either.. And that.. What the hell is that!" loool :D :D
~~~

That's men in the kitchen!
Or some of them i rather say
because
the number 1 chef in the world is:
A man!

:dishes:

Masha'allah!

Thank you
for passing by
sister.

~May Allah swt always help and guide you~Amin!

Take care,

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Nice!

Nice recipe. Actually I have always made mashed potatoes by this way - it is quite traditional method. Similar mashing tool I have too in my kitchen...

In here we use a lot of potatoes and if this mashed potatoes will remain after dinner, we may use it with baking or fill by it our traditional pastries called "perunapiirakka".

perunapiirakat_87564f7e-573e-424e-b23e-5260df891819.jpg

I will looking for later to you recipe for those as now I have to run to my work...
~~~

:ma:
That left over mashed potato look absolutely de----li---cious!

Thank you for passsing by
and this good picture.
sister.

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!

xAllahKnowsBestx

I found that line really funny too. Too bad I made my potatoes with the masher he said was no good and not to use. But I didn't have that cool one he had.

Ahaha, heyy I used a fork and a spoon! The masher I have is a little too big so it's always really chunky, but oh well, forks work well enough. :p

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
All technic apply :)

Ahaha, heyy I used a fork and a spoon! The masher I have is a little too big so it's always really chunky, but oh well, forks work well enough. :p
~~~

Hey!
Either way you feel comfortable sister,
you can pound them
or cut them into smaller pieces
when it's not hot anymore
then you blend it(some Ppl does)
as long as you got it 'mashed' :)

Thank you
for sharing your experience.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Now for the busy mom:

take some potatoes...four or five medium sized ones...I love little red baby ones...( Yes, I do this )...wash them...place in a plastic bag...I even use the grocery store bags...zap them in the microwave for 8 minutes or so...mash them..butter and milk. depends on if you like them dry or runny that day.add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream and a dash of salt...

if any left over..make potates cakes for breakfast the next morning...

sorry..but it works.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Some plastic are strictly toxic!!!

Assalaam walaikum,

Now for the busy mom:

take some potatoes...four or five medium sized ones...I love little red baby ones...( Yes, I do this )...wash them...place in a plastic bag...I even use the grocery store bags...zap them in the microwave for 8 minutes or so...mash them..butter and milk. depends on if you like them dry or runny that day.add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream and a dash of salt...

if any left over..make potates cakes for breakfast the next morning...

sorry..but it works.
~~~

This is easy but be cautious!
Some plastic are strictly toxic!!!

Need to check the food AND
even with what you prepare it with.
Toxic are poison.
Got to keep away from it.

Thank you for passing by,sister.

~May Allah swt help and guide all muslim~Amin!

Take care!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
the recipe is quite easy. i will try this one too. :tti_sister:

~~~

Alhamdulillah!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Thank you
for stopping by sister.

Happy Ma'al Hijrah~1433Hijri
to all muslims world wide.

Take care,

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know..but it works when you have a kitchen full of teenage boys. They will eat anything.

The longer method is to peel and quarter the potatoes and put in water to boil. Usually takes 20 minutes. When the potatoes are tender...use a fork, drain water..put pot back on stove under low heat..add a stick of butter and dash of salt. Add milk...if you like them runny add more milk...use a masher..the consistency of the potatoes depends on individual tastes...I add about three to four tablespoons of sour cream and keep mashing. When serving the potatoes, I add more butter on the serving dish.

Serve with steaks; green peas, and a simple salad. Rolls on the side.

serena77

i feel really stupid but those pastry looking things up above... what were they? and is there a recipe?
serena

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
i feel really stupid but those pastry looking things up above... what were they? and is there a recipe?
serena

They are "Carelian pastries" filled by mashed potatoes, traditional in Finland.

pasty dough:

500 ml fine rye flour *)
½ tsp salt
150 - 200 ml water
(1 - 2 tbsp turnip rape oil)

filling:

about 700 g potatoes, peeled
50 - 100 ml potatoes' cooking liquid
50 - 75 ml cream
2 eggs
lump of butter
pinch of salt

for brushing:

whole milk
lump of butter

Cook the potatoes in water until tender. Reserve the liquid. Puree the potatoes through a food mill and let cool a bit. Add the eggs and enough cooking liquid and cream to get a smooth mixture. The amount of liquid depends on the quality of the potatoes — the filling must not be too runny. Add a lump of butter and mix. Season with salt, cover and set aside to cool.

Prepare the pasty dough: mix the flour and salt, add the oil and water little at a time and mix to get a firm, non-sticky dough. Divide the dough in 15 - 20 equal-size pieces and roll them into small balls. With a tapered rolling pin, roll out the flattened balls one at a time into very thin disks, about 1 mm thick and 10 - 15 cm in diameter. (You could also try to use a pasta machine for rolling.) Cover the pie disks lightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

Spread about ½ cm thick layer of the potato filling evenly in the centre of the pie disks, see figure 1 below. Note: the filling must not be too runny, it should hold its shape when spread on the pie disks.

Raise the edges of the pie disks over the filling towards the centre, pinching the edges with your fingers (see figure 2) to make the pasty look like shown in figure 3.

pirog1.gif

pirog2.gif

pirog3.gif

Place the pasties on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 255 - 300 °C for about 5 - 7 minutes or until brown specks start to appear on their surface.

Meanwhile, heat about 150 ml whole milk in a saucepan, add a big lump of butter and let it melt. Using tongs or spatula, dip the piping hot pasties one at a time in the hot milk-butter mixture and place them in a large, shallow bowl or a plate, preferably in one layer. Cover the bowl tightly with parchment paper and a towel, and let the pasties soften for about half an hour.

Serve the warm pasties spread with butter. They may also be served with various savoury toppings, cheese, etc. Pasties can be reheated in oven or a toaster.

*) Use rye flour milled from partly hulled rye kernels, which has a finer texture and lighter colour than regular rye flour. If this flour is unavailable, use half regular rye flour and half wheat flour.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalaam walaikum,

I know..but it works when you have a kitchen full of teenage boys. They will eat anything.

The longer method is to peel and quarter the potatoes and put in water to boil. Usually takes 20 minutes. When the potatoes are tender...use a fork, drain water..put pot back on stove under low heat..add a stick of butter and dash of salt. Add milk...if you like them runny add more milk...use a masher..the consistency of the potatoes depends on individual tastes...I add about three to four tablespoons of sour cream and keep mashing. When serving the potatoes, I add more butter on the serving dish.

Serve with steaks; green peas, and a simple salad. Rolls on the side.
~~~

Thank you for sharing
sister.
:jazaak:

Take care,