URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: Sign the Petition ASAP

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
-STAND UP FOR YOUR BROTHER IN ISLAAM-​

Please spare a few minutes for an innocent man who has served seven long years of his life in high security prison, despite of having no charge or conviction of any kind against him, awaiting extradition and a subsequent trial in a country he has never set foot in. The extradition request is based on the same evidence gathered during 2003 raid, which the British courts of justice found insufficient to charge Babar Ahmad with any crime.

Babar's family and friends have initiated a petition campaign on the government's website demanding that Babar must be tried in this country, where crime is supposed to have been committed. The petition MUST get at least 100,000 signatures before 10/11/2011 for the parliament to consider this issue.

How you can help

1) Sign the petition yourself if you already haven't: http://letsgetjustice.com *Ensure you click on the verification link which will be emailed to you or your signature will not be added.*

2) Make sure every single member of your household signs the petition.

3) Contact your relatives and friends and ask them to sign the petition through you, by giving you their email addresses. You may then put their email addresses directly into the above mentioned website. They will be automatically sent emails to confirm their signatures. MAKE SURE THEY DO THAT)

4) Forward this petition appeal to all your friends, Muslims and non-Muslims.

5) Share it in your social networks

6) Distribute flyers to publicise the petition. Email your address and quantity required to [email protected].

7) Print copies of our template and collect signatures at your college, university, mosque, and events. Contact us to return completed petition sheets: http://freebabarahmad.com/downloads/babar_ahmad_petition_template.pdf

8) Sign the Babar Ahmad petition by TEXT: 90,000 signatures needed in 50 days to put Babar on trial in the UK. Text your full name, full address including postcode and email, to 07949178942 and we will sign it for you. Ensure you click on the verification link which will be emailed to you or your signature will not be added. Forward to all your contacts.

9) If you are not from the U.K, then please forward the message to as many people as possible.

10) Make du`aa for the brother.

[yt]wWz6ih2qgvQ[/yt]​

sabina isa

As salam alaikum,

I tried to sign the petition, but it says, that I had to be UK citizen to be able to sign it, and I am not.

We salam

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salam alaikum,

I tried to sign the petition, but it says, that I had to be UK citizen to be able to sign it, and I am not.

We salam

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

You just have to be residing in U.K. If this is not the case, please forward the message to people you know who maybe from the U.K

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
All Muslim in the world will vote him~Insya'allah!

-STAND UP FOR YOUR BROTHER IN ISLAAM-​

[yt]wWz6ih2qgvQ[/yt][/CENTER]

:salam2:

Strange!

I thought the British high Court House Of Justice is far most knowledgeable and super sophisticated than the American???
What are the British missing these day that i didn't know of?
:rolleyes:

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslim~Amin!

And

~May Allah swt reward you brother for your good intention creating this thread~Amin!

HM Queen Elizabeth II listening to a recitation of the holy Al Quran.
[yt]DEk0Dtg8pHQ[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEk0Dtg8pHQ

All Muslim in the world will vote him~Insya'allah!

Thank you,
Take care,
~Wassalam.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum.

I posted it on a couple of Facebook Dawah groups so hopefully a lot of people should get notifications for it.

But anyways, may Allah make things easy for this brother and hasten his release. Ameen.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

It was this brother, when the police arrested him... they put him down in the Sujood position and asked him: "Where is your God now?". And these people thought they can humiliate Islaam, but never will they be able to do that.

your-sister

Salaam 'alaikum wa rahmah!

Subhaanallaah! May Allaah azza wa jall's aid be with him! may Allah azza wa jall's aid be with him! May Allaah 'azza wa jall's aid be with him!!

I've heard of the brother's story numerous times... "Where is your God now?" Inna lillah!:(
And I feel so bad now that I forgot all about him and the condition those kuffaar put him in- May Allah store mercy into their hardened hearts!

I truly wish I could sign the petition(and tell my family to do so as well) but unfortunately, I happen to reside in the states at the moment... However, I'll inform some brothers and sisters about this and they can, Insha'Allah, post up fliers around the local Masaajids and their schools so to spread the word. Even if we're unable to sign that petition, we can pray and pray for our brother's release and hope that Allaah azza wa jall accepts our prayers it for He alone can.

Jazaa'kAllahu khair for sharing this news, akh.

your-sister

Salaam 'alaik, brother.

It was(still is for us actually) the 11th today- did the petition receive all the SIGs it needed ? Is our brother's case being looked into?

My sisters and I have been anxious to know how things are so far.. May Allaah azza wa jall's aid be with him and his family!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaam 'alaik, brother.

It was(still is for us actually) the 11th today- did the petition receive all the SIGs it needed ? Is our brother's case being looked into?

My sisters and I have been anxious to know how things are so far.. May Allaah azza wa jall's aid be with him and his family!

What can I say? It is very sad to see the state of people who can't even spare a minute or so. We are far away from the target of 100,000 signatures. Only about 23,000 signatures have been recieved and we have less than one month left.

It will be very well appreciated if people (whether muslim or non-muslim) at least forward the petition to their friends and family. Brothers are doing campaigns and what not- so hopefully trying to achieve the target. Please make du`aa for the brothers and sisters who are working hard to get 100,000 signatures.

We would really appreciate the help of brothers and sisters outside U.K to forward the message to as many people as possible... post on their FB's etc.

P.S I know you have already done that sister- jazaakillaahu khairaa.

Ershad

What can I say? It is very sad to see the state of people who can't even spare a minute or so. We are far away from the target of 100,000 signatures. Only about 23,000 signatures have been recieved and we have less than one month left.

It will be very well appreciated if people (whether muslim or non-muslim) at least forward the petition to their friends and family. Brothers are doing campaigns and what not- so hopefully trying to achieve the target. Please make du`aa for the brothers and sisters who are working hard to get 100,000 signatures.

We would really appreciate the help of brothers and sisters outside U.K to forward the message to as many people as possible... post on their FB's etc.

P.S I know you have already done that sister- jazaakillaahu khairaa.

:wasalam:

I tried to sign the petition lot of times but it says I have to be a citizen of UK to sign this petition. Is there any other way?

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
:wasalam:

I tried to sign the petition lot of times but it says I have to be a citizen of UK to sign this petition. Is there any other way?

Only way people from outside U.K can help is by making du`aa to Allaah and by forwarding the message via emails, Facebook etc.

JazaakAllaahu khairaa

Kakorot

You know what's so sad, today at uni a lot of brothers and sisters were going round to get people to sign the petition. And one guy decided not to sign it because he didn't want to give his details. I asked him how would he like it if he was in Babar's position but he gave me that cold "Oh shut up" look. We were trying to encourage him but he didn't want to, so it's not like you can force someone.

I also know some people who don't want to sign the petition because Babar is Pakistani and I'm like but he's Muslim. Some people need guidance.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I live across the big river. I can be of little use.

However, why can someone not call the imams of the local masjids and ask them to make an announcement during jumma.

The best way to get something done is to have the sisters use our cell-phones. One sister call ten and those ten call ten more...sister power!

Remind them they have to fear Allah and not the English forces. This is easy stuff.

Go to every shopkeeper on a Saturday and get signatures. Go to the resturants and get signatures.

It is do-able, folks. InshaAllah.

strive-may-i

100,000 signatures!!!
Big number indeed..... how was this number arrived at any idea? Or is the number made soo high to make it very difficult to achieve???!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

You people need to hit the streets fast. I send the link to about a 100+ people on different forums last night. About 20 confirmed they signed it. This percentage is waaay to small. Won't do. We need 3000+/day if we want to achieve 100000.

You have to go door to door. There are large muslims communities in London and Bradford. Them alone should be enough. It's going to be a real shame if we don't do even this much for BR. Babur in the given time. Not to mention, we are not lacking in numbers in UK and non Muslims are not animals, they sign when you ask them to.

Hit the roads, Aapa's right, do the Jummah thing. While the rest of our do our job on all the UK based forums and sites.

Inshaa'Allaah get organized. May Allaah help us out.

your-sister

100,000 signatures!!!
Big number indeed..... how was this number arrived at any idea? Or is the number made soo high to make it very difficult to achieve???!!

I read somewhere that the Islamic pop. of UK was 1.6 million in the early 2000's, then became TWO million in '08... imagine now, almost 3 years later. So it's very upsetting to know a mere 100,000 aren't able to sign that petition and stand up for Islam- and our brother =(

EDIT: nevermind... Mixed up the dates. Thanks brother, Ilyaas.

... Hamdanlillaah! We still have time to inform more people then!

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
I read somewhere that the Islamic pop. of UK was 1.6 million, then became TWO million in '08... imagine now, almost 3 years later. So it's very upsetting to know a mere 100,00 aren't able to sign that petition and stand up for Islam- and our brother =(

Brother Thaariq, I thought the parliament were expecting the signatures on the 11th(or before).. Did they extend the date to the end of this mnth or something(you said, we've less than a 'month' somewhere up there)?

This is great, Hamdanlillaah! We still have time to inform more people then!

the date is in DD-MM-YYYY format on that website. so it is 10th of November not 11th of October. The parliament won't extend the date for a muslim. Simple.

Brothers in UK have to act quick. We have atleast 500 active members (could be far less) who come here everyday, if we all can forward it via email and post it in da'wah pages of FB and in our own profile and in turn ask them to forward, we can insha Allah contribute. may Allah hasten the brother's release. may Allah accept the deeds that we do for that brother.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Those with youtube IDs, please get the petition signed there too. UK citizens can be found there easily.

May Allaah send His help for the Ummah

Kakorot

There is going to be a programme on tv tonight about Baba Ahmad and this whole petition thing. So hopefully after this there will be more signatures, because the awareness will be growing.