please delete my account

trying2learn

Assalamu alaikum,
While I am grateful for the help that some of the members here have offered me, and I am grateful for the friends I have made, I must kindly ask for whoever is in charge to delete my account. I must admit it is the behavior of some of my brothers and sisters that is most concerning, and the reason I do not want to be apart of this site any longer. All people are supposed to be welcome here, as well as their opinions. I find it sad and a little wrong that some people find it more distasteful for a non-muslim to post hadiths and versus of the Qur'an than one person who posted here asking how to make a bomb. Perhaps, instead of getting mean and angry with a person for quoting hadiths and the holy Qur'an you might want to be happy and make dua that the reading of the Qur'an and hadiths will bring that person to Islam. Show them love and kindness, and perhaps our Ummah will grow, being mean to those who are trying to learn will not bring them to Islam if our Ummah is being presented in such a manner. Again, please delete my account I will no longer be visiting this site.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
If someone has asked to make a bomb, its your duty to report the post and contact a mod.

And I think I know what you're talking about. The problem is not non-Muslims posting hadith & Qur'an, its about non-Muslim members posting FATWAS.

a_stranger

:salam2:

But sister you should not leave , you should stay and teach your brothers and sisters kindness And love. We must try to correct what is wrong as much as we can.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalamu alaikum,
While I am grateful for the help that some of the members here have offered me, and I am grateful for the friends I have made, I must kindly ask for whoever is in charge to delete my account. I must admit it is the behavior of some of my brothers and sisters that is most concerning, and the reason I do not want to be apart of this site any longer. All people are supposed to be welcome here, as well as their opinions. I find it sad and a little wrong that some people find it more distasteful for a non-muslim to post hadiths and versus of the Qur'an than one person who posted here asking how to make a bomb. Perhaps, instead of getting mean and angry with a person for quoting hadiths and the holy Qur'an you might want to be happy and make dua that the reading of the Qur'an and hadiths will bring that person to Islam. Show them love and kindness, and perhaps our Ummah will grow, being mean to those who are trying to learn will not bring them to Islam if our Ummah is being presented in such a manner. Again, please delete my account I will no longer be visiting this site.

dear sister.. iknow some things must have really upset you ,and i hope that somehow you will reconsider ,not everyone is the same,i iwsh you will stay with us inshallah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I believe the person you are referring to about the "distaste" is me.

If you take the time to read and analyze the reasons why it would make sense to you. In no way would I ever discourage someone from wishing to be Muslim. On the contrary my sincere wish is that everyone see the light.

I take my faith seriously.

I have never been mean or angry. Those are emotions.

I have been honest. As I have written before..how can a person who does not know how to swim teach you to swim.

We are talking about major decisions of faith. This is not a game. How can someone who does not understand prostration before Allah have a clue about Islam? Would a Catholic take lessons about rubrics of the mass by a Muslim?

This is not stopping anyone from learning about Islam or wishing to become Muslim. I welcome that.

Faith is something we have to protect and guard. There is an excellent book on this thread. Please read it.http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=527919#post527919.

With knowledge sometimes we gain understanding.

trying2learn

it can also be said that a little knowledge in the wrong hands can be dangerous. no thank you. i still want my account to be deleted.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Sister! Please stay with us. Sometimes families do face problems right? However, inshaAllah with sincere work, those things can be solved.

If you feel that way, my advice is to take a break for a while, until tomorrow. :) InshaAllah when you return, you will feel better. Always ask Allah to help. :)

I am sure you will be all fine very soon inshaAllah. Please do not leave the family. We are here, helping, and getting help to and from each other. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Dear sister I do not know the reasons why you wish to go from TTI but even there exist some reasons Alhamdulilah you should not go, because we all are here Muslim brothers and sisters and we are here to help and support each others.

Real Muslims will never turn a head of his other Muslim brothers and sisters Alhadmulillah. Even if some brother and sister made such a post( Allah know the best in which sense that word was said) and also everyone can make mistake and we are here to advice, help and correct each others for the sake of Allah.

I hope Inshallah you will stay with us sister.

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

We are very much against any type of Extremism. - Also, I do not believe any Muslim asked about making bombs here !! That sort of thing might be done by a non-Muslim causing trouble. - All such people get removed swiftly from the site. Alhamdulillah.

Everyone has been welcome to the website, but like all communities there are rules. The most important rule for an Islamic site, is that people are able to learn without having to worry so much about where the information is coming from, and the intentions behind it.

Non-Muslims are welcome to be on the website.. But, they must not cross the line. The rules make it clear that we do not allow for Christians, Jews etc to proselytize their beliefs. Nor do we allow people to argue, debate, make fun of our beliefs. Similarly, we do not let non-Muslims to take part in Islamic discussions by giving their own answers.

Unfortunately, we do have the odd nutcases who have no intention to want to be Muslim, but spend day and night on the forum giving their own Islamic opinions, answers, fatwa and so forth. It is dangerous, because people come here to learn from Muslims, especially people they trust. - When a non-Muslim uses the Islamic greetings, and poses as a Muslim whilst answering, this causes a lot of confusion amongst the users.

How can anyone accept to have a person who does not believe in Allah and His final Messenger (s) give their opinions on what the Quran or Sunnah means? Then, due to their use of Islamic greetings and words, people believe them to be a Muslim. This sort of infiltration of our community not only makes no sense, but is ridiculous

And finally, let me say that the administration team on TurnToIslam, are a diverse bunch who are also very careful, thoughtful and hard working to make sure that all people are able to be part of, and benefit from this friendly Islamic community. It is for this reason that certain rules are made and implemented.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:,

Respectfully, I do believe this question could have been posted to a moderator in private instead of in the main section. There's no need to draw all this attention to one member wanting to leave.

Sometimes I seriously wonder why members want to publicize their departures. It makes for an unnecessary hoopla and there are other ways of trying to get your points across.

Perseveranze

Assalamu alaykum,

We are very much against any type of Extremism. - Also, I do not believe any Muslim asked about making bombs here !! That sort of thing might be done by a non-Muslim causing trouble. - All such people get removed swiftly from the site. Alhamdulillah.

Surely if this really did happen, then it must've been a non-muslim troll. They also do it on other forums like Iawakening/Ummah, then they post on their own private forums praising how they "trolled muslims" etc. Ofcourse, they do get banned immediatly though.

A shame a potential troll is maybe able to fool someone enough to leave the forums. Even if there was a "Muslim" who wanted to know how to make bombs, then they would certainly never ask on a public forums like this one.

sabina isa

Assalamu alaykum,

Everyone has been welcome to the website, but like all communities there are rules. The most important rule for an Islamic site, is that people are able to learn without having to worry so much about where the information is coming from, and the intentions behind it.

Non-Muslims are welcome to be on the website.. But, they must not cross the line. The rules make it clear that we do not allow for Christians, Jews etc to proselytize their beliefs. Nor do we allow people to argue, debate, make fun of our beliefs. Similarly, we do not let non-Muslims to take part in Islamic discussions by giving their own answers.

Unfortunately, we do have the odd nutcases who have no intention to want to be Muslim, but spend day and night on the forum giving their own Islamic opinions, answers, fatwa and so forth. It is dangerous, because people come here to learn from Muslims, especially people they trust. - When a non-Muslim uses the Islamic greetings, and poses as a Muslim whilst answering, this causes a lot of confusion amongst the users.

How can anyone accept to have a person who does not believe in Allah and His final Messenger (s) give their opinions on what the Quran or Sunnah means? Then, due to their use of Islamic greetings and words, people believe them to be a Muslim. This sort of infiltration of our community not only makes no sense, but is ridiculous

And finally, let me say that the administration team on TurnToIslam, are a diverse bunch who are also very careful, thoughtful and hard working to make sure that all people are able to be part of, and benefit from this friendly Islamic community. It is for this reason that certain rules are made and implemented.

As salam alaikum,

As for muslims to learn how to make a bomb, why everyone forgot? She is referring to the video named this way, but was a video lecture from our honored brother Dr.Jasin. He did not literally teach any muslim how to make a bomb, he was simply treating carefully this type of islamophobia in respectful way. I did not see anything wrong with the video, and I don't understand the reaction of the try2learn sister in this regard. Thought to clear some cloudy air here.

We salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, you are correct sister. It is a you-tube video. Excellent in terms of how, we, can do a better job of conveying the beauty and liberation of Islam to our non-Muslim communities. He speaks so really. You know plain simple real.

I am going to bake a cake...I just posted my 7777 post. I ask forgiveness of any and all that I may have in total ignorance ever upset.

your-sister

Assalamu alaikum,

Wa'alaikum salaam warahmah!

I assume this "bomb" post you're referring to is that of our sister(I believe t'was 'Seeking Allaah...'- I could be wrong though so forgive me ukht(seeking..):S), titled something along the lines of "If they ask you how to make a bomb- tell 'em..." right? I did not get to view the Vid but I do remember the lecturer being sheikh Khaalid Yaasseen...

Sister, I'd advice for you to re-think your decision because, after all, there's much more positive posts than negatives in the Forum and you could simply keep your focus on those "positive" one.. And really, you must agree that a "non-believer" providing Fataawa for a Believer is something unheard of. And, subhaanallah, proper wrong. Personally, I feel offended when I see such a thing. Is this, too, another way to mock Islaam? Is the deen(and its matters) really taken this lightly? Anyone can just go ahead and give daleels, then?

Not to be "mean" or anything, but I would NEVER take knowledge from a Munaafiq(hypocrite). They help you do good acts, yet they themselves aren't practicing(and in this case, don't even believe in) them. Na'oodhu billaah!

However, I'm aware you and the (non-Muslim)sister you say is being treated "meanly" are close. so if you're dead set on leaving, then i pray that Allah azza wa jall keeps you and your family on the right path..! And May His angels always protect little Aadam..!(and all your other children(don't know of any other =))) Aameen.

Fii Amaanillaah!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I'm sorry but this is just getting out of hand now.

The sister wants her account deleted and no longer wishes to stay on TTI. Why is this thread turning into a plea begging her to stay?

This is exactly what I mean when I see more and more TTI members publicizing their departures. It's as if it they're meant to generate these types of responses where others are begging them to stay.

If you don't like the way the forum is run, fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we're all free to leave if we feel like we no longer belong here.

If there's an issue with how members are being treated, PM a moderator. And then leave if you still want.

But to publicly announce your feelings of discontent and inevitable departure is pretty much inviting others to put you in a position of power and plead with you to stay.

Like I said earlier, there are other (and better) ways to make one's point. Did this really have to be the way?

As for the rest? Based on her own preconceived notions, the sister seems intent on leaving.

Wish her the best and simply let her. Why turn this into such a drama? It does nothing but fuel the flames.

your-sister

^sister Shahnaz,

I look at it this way- if someone wanted to stop praying simply because they find it, at times, "tiring" or something, would one just say 'oh well, it's upto you. You can stop praying if you want.. Allaah will question YOU anyways, and not I."? I think not. One would encourage them and advise them(not necessarily 'plea' with 'em as you put it) and inform them of the benefits that one gets from praying and the consequences one receives if they don't in hopes that that person may change their mind.

And seeing as the sister was here for the purpose of seeking knowledge, what's the harm in trying to get her to change her mind about leaving the Forum? Why not ask her and advise her('cause we're a community of Muslims here) to stay for her own good(as she may benefit from quite a lot of posts)?:)

fii Amaanillaah!

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

My dear sister trying2learn, do Sabr and learn the truth and dont disappoint us by leaving us...

Problems do arise... thats natural my sister...

Just protect the relationship with your heart.... rather than counting on how many similarities we have among our selves, it would be so cool if we can respect the differences and understand others :) I am talking generally...

I really dont like when people go away.. I dont like it at all.....

Let's stay tuned with TTI forever Insha Allah.... :SMILY139:

Just forget every thing and smile every one..

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Oh Sister TryingToLearn, You are sucha sweetheart *hugs*

I have WHATSOEVER no SHAME conveying to you on this thread, What Shiekh Khalid Yaseen was conveying.

Seriously I never thought you people can take this literally. He said a D-bomb i.e A Dawah Bomb. Which means an invitation to Islam bomb!

I made that title to make people "open" the thread.

You want to leave, you may. But I tell you what you'll really hurt us. 'cos we are going to miss you and your children here *teary Smile*

Stay safe ukhti.

Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I think this "bomb-post" weren´t reason of this thread of sister trying2learn but some non-muslim member (no need tell name) and how some other members were thinking about hers posts of hadiths and Quran.

Anyways; sister trying2learn has informed already in other forum THAT she has logged out from here permanently so this thread might not be needed to continue here anymore.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walikum,

Sister,

Please inform her for her own benefit that is in poor taste to say the least. She is carrying a misconception with her. This will continue on the other forum.
She is making a fundamental error in thought. She needs to correct her thinking.

Her decision has not hurt TTI; her posting on another forum about TTI is immature. Please explain to her that her rationale is wrong from all perspectives.

I pray she peeks and reads this response. It is critical for Muslims to understand that we are not to badmouth Muslims.

She jumped to conclusions without seeking understanding. She needs to read about some of the wives of the prophets.