Proof of islam....

spider336

I am not a muslim, but I am reading into islam because I am so fascinated by it and have more faith in islam than any kind of religion I have ever been around in my whole life. But I have questions regarding islam such as where is there proof associated with mohammed?....I mean no disrespect but I have always wondered whether there has ever been any proof regards to Mohammeds revelations, his visions from God and his encounters with Gabriel.

I hope noone gets annoyed by me asking this, im just curious....as it sometimes seems to me that islam is kind of based on blind faith.

help me understand...thanks :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum (peace and blessings be on you) brother,

If you are looking for a proof that can be presented in a court of law and based on that one can get a verdict that Prophet Mohammad was a messanger of God, then we don't have such proof. And there are reasons to not have such proof. Allah (SWT) says in Holy Quran that if He willed then each and every person would be a Muslim, but that is not the reason why He has created this universe and created humans and jinns in it. We are here for a test.

Suppose a company wants to hire good drivers and fire the bad ones, so to test the drivers are tasked to take a vehicle to another city hundreds of miles away. The vehicle has many sensors recording all the driving details of each driver. Now if a police car is driving next to him, then do you think this driver will do a rash driving, or speed and risk getting a ticket? No. The true test will occur only when he will sees no police car or any restriction on his driving.

similarly we see no angels or have Quran written on a metal that do not exist on this earth etc.

But, having said that we still have a lot of "proofs". You will find these "proofs" in the Quran and in the life of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

I will try to assemble these "proofs" and post them here InshaAllah.
Other brothers and sisters here may also post such information to help you.

Wassalam.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am so glad you asked the question.

That is the thing with Islam. Unlike any faith there are facts. Islam makes you seek knowledge. We can't just accept something. Each word that the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, spoke is authenticated.

It gets to the point where you need something like 14 witnesses. It is the most documented faith in the world. There is no shroud of mystery. It all happened. There is no mere acceptance. It is rational and sensible.

There are many here who are going to present you with information.

As you open your eyes and mind to Islam with time you will come to love the Prophet.

Islam is the antithesis of blind faith. We are given intelligence. In Islam it is almost mandatory to use your gifts. Seek knowledge even if you have to go to China....today it would be the moon and stars..we are directed to seek the sciences..use our logical and deductive powers.

And there is well documented lineage of the Prophet, ( swas).

In a sense a person with OCD would be jealous of the proofs of Islam. It is thick and solid and profound.

The one phrase all who wish to enter the brotherhood of Islam say upon reading the Holy Quran is that it makes sense. It makes Perfect sense.

Welcome to TTI and please keep asking questions.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Allah subhanhu wa teala sais: "Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad ) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much." ( Surah Al Azhab, Ayah 21)

"So wait patiently (O Muhammad ) for the Decision of your Lord, for verily, you are under Our Eyes , and glorify the Praises of your Lord when you get up from sleep." ( Surah Al- Tur, Ayah 48)

"Nun.

[These letters (Nun, etc.) are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].

By the pen and what the (angels) write (in the Records of men).You (O Muhammad ) are not, by the Grace of your Lord, a madman.
And verily, for you (O Muhammad ) will be an endless reward.
And verily, you (O Muhammad ) are on an exalted standard of character.
You will see, and they will see,Which of you is afflicted with madness.
Verily, your Lord knows better, who (among men) has gone astray from His Path, and He knows better those who are guided.
So (O Muhammad ) obey not the deniers [(of Islamic Monotheism those who belie the Verses of Allah), the Oneness of Allah, and the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad ), etc.]" ( Surah Al Qalam, Ayah 1-8)

Dear brother in humanity, as you can read from these ayahs Allahs Deen is based on beliving in one and only One God( Allah), beliving in all Allahs Prophets( Issa a.s, Mussa a.s, Ibrahim a.s.) and beliving that Muhammed sallahu alayha wa saalam is the Last Messanger of Allah, beliving in His Angels, Qadr of Allah and Day of Judgment. This is Tawheed in Islam and these are basic priciples of Islam and if only one part of it is missing than one can not be a Muslim.

Brother if you belive in Quran and if you belive in only One God, than you must aslo belive in our Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam and that Quran was revealed to him because Allah subhanaha wa teala tell us in Quran that Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam is His Servant and Last Messanger of Allah and proof of his existence and of Islam is Quran its selfe Alhmadulillah.

All Prophets which were sent before were sent only to one group of people and they all called in belif in only One God ( Allah) without associenting Him a partner in anything, fullfilling obligation toward Allah ( salah, zakah, fast) and staying away what Allah has forbidden us. And this is Islam brother, belif in Only One God, His Last Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa salam and belif in Quran and Sunnah ( way of life of our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam) because Allah sent His Last Prophet to guide people from darkness to light,toward belif in Only one God and guiding them toward happy and pure life and way of life which Allah is pleased and way of life which will bring them only thier own good on this World and Ahirah Inshallah.

I also think it will be good Inshallah if you read book " The Sealed Nectar" by author Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri which explain in detail life of our Prophet sallahu alahya wa salam.

May Allah guide you brother toward Islam. Ameen.:tti_sister:

a_stranger

You are most welcome:

We humans were born with pure essance , without islam this essance is corrupted ......islam is the answer to our inner true needs. The truth of our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam is very clear to any sincere truthseaker.

World Peace

Islam is Light
Peace be upon you brother spider336

I hope the following answers your question. May Allah (God) guide you to his straight path and enlighten your heart.

The True Religion: Which is the True Religion of God?
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/448/viewall

The Truth is One
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/8/viewall
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77891

The Authenticity and Preservation of the Holy Quran; Evidence That the Holy Quran is the Word of God
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/123/

The Beauty and Eloquence of the Holy Quran
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/3923/viewall/

An Introduction to the Holy Quran
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/370/viewall/

Why the Religion of Islam
http://theradiantlight.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-islam.html

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I am not a muslim, but I am reading into islam because I am so fascinated by it and have more faith in islam than any kind of religion I have ever been around in my whole life.

I hope you are not using this as an excuse to avoid being banned for asking quite annoying question, is not the question but the way you put words into sentence. Welcome to the forum anyway.

But I have questions regarding islam such as where is there proof associated with mohammed?....I mean no disrespect but I have always wondered whether there has ever been any proof regards to Mohammeds revelations, his visions from God and his encounters with Gabriel.

You have not specified, proof from the Qur'an or other scriptures?

I hope noone gets annoyed by me asking this, im just curious....as it sometimes seems to me that islam is kind of based on blind faith.

There are 1.67b Muslims around the world, it is an insult to say these 1.67b people are blindly following this religion. Not all of them are uneducated, most of them are educated which includes scientist. On the other hand, being scientist not necessarily he / she had made right choice in selecting his / her religion, look at some of the atheist they are scientist. Supposedly to be someone with good brains yet they choose not to believe the existence of God. Hence to say Muslims are blindly following Islam is very short-sighted. It is good you are here to clarify things. Let us help to clarify as much we can.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

You are on a spiritual exploration and not in the market to buy fruits or vegetables. There is no discrete proof for Divinity of Islam. But the moment your heart opens,your own soul would be witness that Islam is Deen (religion) of our Lord.

So explore to pacify your soul and not brain. Your brain would demand evidences while soul rests on realization and it needs no proofs.

Regards.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
I am not a muslim, but I am reading into islam because I am so fascinated by it and have more faith in islam than any kind of religion I have ever been around in my whole life. But I have questions regarding islam such as where is there proof associated with mohammed?....I mean no disrespect but I have always wondered whether there has ever been any proof regards to Mohammeds revelations, his visions from God and his encounters with Gabriel.

Hi,
You are most welcome to ask Questions.
Let me post about revelations from a book "The sealed Nectar",a very good biography of the Prophet :saw:

Ibn Al-Qayyim, mentioning the stages of the Revelation,
said:
l The First: The period of true vision. It was the starting point of the Revelation to the Men of Allâh
(Peace be upon him).

The Second: What the angel invisibly cast in the Prophet’s mind and heart. The Messenger of
Allâh (Peace be upon him) said: “The Noble Spirit revealed to me ‘No soul will perish until it
exhausts its due course, so fear Allâh and gently request Him. Never get so impatient to the
verge of disobedience of Allâh. What Allâh has can never be acquired but through obedience to
Him.’”

The Third: The angel used to visit the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) in the form of a
human being and would speak to him directly. This would enable him to fully understand what
the angel said. The angel was sometimes seen in this form by the Prophet’s Companions.

The Fourth: The angel came to him like the toll of a bell and this was the most difficult form
because the angel used to seize him tightly and sweat would stream from his forehead even on
the coldest day. If the Prophet (Peace be upon him) was on his camel, the camel would not
withstand the weight, so it would immediately kneel down on the ground. Once the Messenger of
Allâh (Peace be upon him) had such a revelation when he was sitting and his thigh was on
Zaid’s, Zaid felt the pressure had almost injured his thigh.

The Fifth: The Prophet (Peace be upon him) saw the angel in his actual form. The angel would
reveal to him what Allâh had ordered him to reveal. This, as mentioned in (Qur’ân), in Sûrah An-
Najm (Chapter 53 - The Star), happened twice.

The Sixth: What Allâh Himself revealed to him in heaven i.e. when he ascended to heaven and
received Allâh’s behest of Salât (prayer).

The Seventh: Allâh’s Words to His Messenger (Peace be upon him) at first hand without the
mediation of an angel. It was a privilege granted to Moses (Peace be upon him) and clearly
attested in the Qur’ân, as it is attested to our Prophet (Peace be upon him) in the Sûrah Al-
Isrâ’ (Chapter 17 - The Journey by Night) of the Noble Qur’ân.

Read hadith e nawawi about Islam,Ihsan and Iman,where Angel Jibreel (alyhissalam) was witnessed by many companions of the prophet :saw: in human form.

spider336

Listen mate, Im not trying to avoid being banned from anywhere.....I dont really care if you are annoyed by my question!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Listen mate, Im not trying to avoid being banned from anywhere.....I dont really care if you are annoyed by my question!

I'm listening to you, don't mistaken me. I want you to stay longer. The last time I was having good dialogue with one brother, suddenly he disappeared from the forum, the thread was pulled out. I guess he was banned. I'm not the moderator, sincerely I want to help you. So avoid asking annoying question, be assured not me will get annoyed. I hope you catch my point. The rest, it is up to you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was just thinking..You know one of the most wonderful attributes of Allah subhana wa taala is that He is Irresistible. Once you think about Him..you can not stop.

So good for you. Keep the questions coming and we are here, waiting to share our joy. And that is what it simply is, joy.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I don't know what the correct answer is to the proofs that you are seeking to find in order to believe in Islam, but for me opening my heart and my mind to islam is what makes me feel that it's just right. That it fits me and Islams teachings were a perfect match as to what I've always felt in my heart.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Hello dear brother in humanity,

You have probably heard: "There no such thing as a stupid question".

We have even better standard, we say: "There is no such thing as anoyying question on TTI".

We are here to help, and we really love to have conversation with anyone and everyone, from anywhere in the world.

So I say, don't worry about annoying anyone with you questions, as long as conversation is decent we don't care, because we here to communicate and educate.

And I understand, it takes a lot of effort to learn new things, but brothers and sisters here are quite learned and they are always ready to help in anyway they can.

It looks like you are from Australia. How are things down under?
G'day mate!

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

Yes, there is irrefutable proof

Greetings!

Historical proof Mohammed :saw: existed yes. Just like there is historical proof prophets before him existed. Almighty Allah sent prophets right from Mans descent on earth time and again. Some familiar and prominent ones before him are ..Adam PBUH, Isa PBUH(Jesus), Moosa PBUH(Moses), Ibrahim (Abaraham). Almighty Allah says Prophet Mohammed :saw: was best of all!

Other scriptures too have had references about Prophet Muhammad :saw:, though they might now deny. There is proof of that too..

Am assuming, you accept Gods existence, correct me if am wrong

What I can really suggest is unlearn the notions that you were exposed to, seek truth, feel blessed in true knowledge!

Welcome, we here, feel fine interacting with you :)

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

If your satiety center demands proofs,I will give you just one of it and it would be InshaAllah,sufficient. Allah says in Quran:

21.30.... Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?

Read above verse and consult a renowned book on cytology to find out chemical composition of a cell. Later think was there any microscope or biochemical analysis available during the time of Muhammad (SAW)?.

May Allah (SWT) open your senses.

Regards.