muslims playing terrorists on tv shows

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

earlier today, i was flipping through the television channels and came across one of those crime solving type shows, and this specific episode was dealing with terrorism. of course the terrorists in the program were muslims. i'm not so shocked that the show went in that direction, but i was shocked that the " muslims " on the show were people that were obviously arab and middle eastern. i felt like these guys had sold muslims out. they should know better. they know that countless numbers of muslims are being discrimanted against just because they are muslim, and yet these guys are going along with it anyway. its crazy because more and more they are using middle eastern actors to portray themselves as terrorists instead of normal people.

i don't know with a certainty if this haram, but this is a bad thing in my eyes.

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Actors will sell anything for some money. Their body, self respect and religion if indeed they are Muslims.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Actors will sell anything for some money. Their body, self respect and religion if indeed they are Muslims.

Yeah it's pretty crazy. Because we can expect the media to portray Muslims in a bad light, but we would never imagine other Muslims doing the same. :astag:

jonas1993

Banned
One thing that could also be is this... that the actors playing the terrorists are Arab but not muslim... Maybe Christian or another religion. As there are Christian Arabs.. Maybe that is a possibility?

misalat

:salam2: brother!
i used to think that All Arabs are muslim or anybody who speak arabic is a muslim or anybody who wears (kandura) long white dress won by men in arabia is a muslim, until i came to the middle east and got shocked! in fact there are a big number of non-muslim arabs same culture and language and dressing code as we see muslims in those countries. there are churches in Dubai, in Egypt, in Lebanon etc.... all this i came to know later on.

so, there is difference btw an arab and a muslim. the fact that our prophet was raised from arabia and the Qur'an is revealed in arabic does not make all arabas muslim. so that actors, and all those evil things you see can not be atributed to ISLAM in any way .... ISLAM has nothing to do with all that

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
One thing that could also be is this... that the actors playing the terrorists are Arab but not muslim... Maybe Christian or another religion. As there are Christian Arabs.. Maybe that is a possibility?

i'm aware that every arab isn't a muslim, but even christian or jewish arabs have to keep in mind that the uneducated cannot tell the difference between them. they will just see an arab, hence assume things about any arab that they see. i remember shortly after 9/11 there were a lot of attacks against people of the sikh religion because people confused the turbaned and bearded male sikhs with muslims. it took some time to clarify to people that they weren't muslims but sikhs. even if they were christian arabs on the tv program, as arabs they should be well aware that they are only perpetuating anti-arab sentiments. something that all should be against.