gadaffi caught

esperanza

revert of many years
October 2011 Last updated at 11:57 GMT Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

Commanders for Libya's transitional authorities say they have captured ousted leader Col Muammar Gaddafi.

The reports came after transitional forces claimed control of Sirte, Col Gaddafi's birthplace, following weeks of fierce fighting.

Col Gaddafi is said to be wounded. There is no independent confirmation of the reports.

The colonel was toppled in August after 42 years in power. The International Criminal Court is seeking his arrest.

"He's captured. He's wounded in both legs," National Transitional Council (NTC) official Abdel Majid told Reuters news agency.

"He's been taken away by ambulance."

AFP news agency quoted another NTC official, Mohamed Leith, as saying that Col Gaddafi had been captured in Sirte and was "seriously wounded" but still breathing.

A soldier who says he captured Muammar Gaddafi told the BBC the colonel had shouted: "Don't shoot!"

The BBC's Caroline Hawley in Tripoli says although the capture is unconfirmed, ships and cars have been sounding their horns in the capital and guns are being fired in celebration.

Earlier, NTC commanders in Sirte - about 360km (220 miles) east of Tripoli - said the city had been liberated.

"There are no Gaddafi forces any more," Col Yunus al-Abdali told Reuters. "We are now chasing his fighters who are trying to run away."

There was no confirmation from the NTC leadership.

But fighters in Sirte celebrated by firing in the air, and chanting "Allah akbar" ("God is great").

Interim government forces had been facing heavy resistance from snipers in the city, and used heavy artillery during its offensive. Thousands of civilians have fled.

Perseveranze

The end of a tyrant. He spoke some great words, but his actions completely contradicted them.

May the one who replaces him be on deen il Islam.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Apparently Gaddafi was working on a plan to move much of the African continent to a gold backed Dinar standard. Obviously such a move would more than justify his removal by military force in the minds of our criminal terrorist State leaders.

If Gaddafi managed to get such a currency in place across much of Africa, it would cripple the American corporatist state. The US would have to cough up its gold and start producing again if it wanted to buy oil. It would also most likely cascade to other nations as well, as other nations would have to follow suit if they wanted to buy oil, thereby leading to a global gold backed Dinar reserve standard just as the US Dollar enjoys today.

The world accepted the Dollar as the reserve currency on the basis that it was redeemable for gold. Today the world accepts the Dollar as the reserve because oil is priced in dollars.

Source: http://www.libertariannews.org/2011/05/19/gaddafi-the-good-guy/

Why do you think NATO (A.K.A America's force team) is all over Libya? America AND England are putting their 'noses' into EVERYTHING

Don't put your hopes on an Islamic leader. Illuminati is taking over. Their strategies are highly superior and they cover it up with "GADDAFI IS BAD GUY!!11, KILL HIM"

Gaddafi - Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi wa'rajioon was picked on for the wrong reason, and we funnily - like zombies, follow what the news says; AGAIN! This makes me think whether Bin Laden was even real or working for the US. These puzzle pieces are fitting but sadly most of us are blind to realise.

Of course, I sound like a 'madman'. The so-called madman is always mocked even though the topic preached has a high chance of being true.

Insha'Allah Gaddafi is in peace now, I hope inshaAllah Jannah is waiting for him.. He may not be perfect but who is?

Allah bless his soul, inshaAllah

Peace, I'd like to hear contradictions

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Plus, one question:

Are the Muslims trampling on Gaddafi's head saying Allahu Akbar for the might of Allah? Or that they're praising Allah that Gaddafi died in the hands of evil people?

Wow. Thanks to those people in the video, they make a real bad impression of Islam. A REALLY bad impression. Why would a Muslim say Allahu Akbar when another Muslim is dead by the hands of a kaffir. Call me extremist - I don't care, I want to put my point clear. I'm on the urge of tears because of such terror.

The media is full of joy for seeing people mention Allah whiles there is an innocent man with intentions we don't know about laying there pleading for his dear life.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

May Allah gives to Gaddafi at the day of judgement what he deserves. And this is a thing what only Allah knows.

After falling every dictator here is similar "he was good - he was bad"- discussion. As brother Abu Talib wrote: he is gone. Period.

Kakorot

Assalaamu 'Alaykum.

Gaddafi wasn't a just ruler. I felt a little sadness when people were beating him up. I wish he was a just and humble leader because he wouldn't of suffered such a horrific end. A lot a loooottttttt of Muslims were killed and suffered because of him.

Allaah Knows best, may Allaah forgive all the Muslimeen. :-(

Kakorot

Plus, one question:

Are the Muslims trampling on Gaddafi's head saying Allahu Akbar for the might of Allah? Or that they're praising Allah that Gaddafi died in the hands of evil people?

Just like to say you can praise Allaah whenever you please and for anything. That is why we say 'Alhamdulillaah 'alaa kulli haal' (praise be to Allaah during all circumstances).

And sister calm down please. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. And the people that killed him were Muslim, so be careful in who you call a disbeliever.

And I'm sorry but Gaddafi was a tyrant, do proper research please (I don't mean this is a mean why). You won't be defending him if he and his forces harmed you or your loved ones. I thought Muslims value for their brother what they value for themselves. We have to feel the pain of the many Muslims who suffered in his hands.

May Allaah forgive all who believed in Him (swt), ameen.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Sorry for my anger sister,

I'm just so infuriated that I can't take the picture of Gaddafi left on the ground just to rot away like that. Not any human deserves that, never, ever.

I didn't mean to call any Muslim a kaffir, but last time I checked the news it was NATO who had no mercy upon his plea to stop torturing him.

Honestly... The media think it's okay to show people under the age of 18 the pictures and videos as if it's something to boast of. What's that about? We believe Bin Laden didn't die because there was lack of evidence so the media reporters say "Oh, hey! Let's screen Gaddafi's face bleeding and being stepped on!"

The real truth of Gaddafi is hidden. He tried so hard to prevent wars, keep not only Libya but Africa overall out of debt, and of course America want Africa to stay in poverty/debt so that they get cheap resources. It all makes sense and I'm very angry for so many reasons but alhamdulillah I am restraining myself from going on a typing rage!

Most importantly, no one should EVER get tortured and left to die. It's so cruel and I'm only 15 so I hope you understand I'm not used to going on dailymail.co.uk and seeing someone left to die on the blood-stained concrete. It hurts to see that.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Astagfirullah! Astagfirullah! Astagfirullah Al Azeem! Are these Muslims how they should be and is that the body of Ghadafi??? La hawla wa la kuwata illabillahi. How they can treat like that body of one human being,does not metter is he Muslim or kaffir persone, one Muslim never behave on this way, neither he do like this with one human body and even saying " Allahu Akbaar".

This is so disturbing Wallahi. We all know that Gaddafi killed so many Muslims in Libya but that never justify these " Muslim" actions. Astagfirullah Al Azeem.

Did our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam thought us this way of unhuman behaviour and did he and his Ashabhs radillahu anhum treat like this body of Kaffirs. No never, Alhamdulilah and the reason for that is because they were Muslims. This is such a shame what they done and I felt very hurted to see like that body of Ghadaffi( because he is still a human being) and my Muslim brothers behave like this but obvisosly many are far away from Islam.

May Allah guide our Ummah. Ameen ya Rabby

:wasalam:

Astrugglingsoul

i am really having mixed feelings. the pictures and the videos that al jazeera is showing are extremely disturbing and gruesome. A leader shouldn't be treated like this and wouldn't it be better if he was given a fair trial? what does sharia say about trials?

and i see some of us are saying Gaddafi was a good person and the whole thing was created by west. i totally disagree. well if it was created by west then why hundreds and thousands of Libyan people celebrating in the streets? Gaddafi was totally corrupt and a failed leader, who sat on top of all the wealth but 40% of Libyans earn only $2 a day.

Hatty

Wow Allaho Akbarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

May Allah reward Bashar of Syria the same end. Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.........

By the way Gaddafie is a Kafer....This is not me who is saying that. It is a religious fatwa by the scholars. Research this fact and do not reply to my post to say otherwise before doing your research.....

Congratulation brothers and sister for the end of this creature. For the one who included him under the human umbrella, please correct your statement. He is not a human and he does not know what it mean....He is one of Shayateen Al-ins.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
By the way Gaddafie is a Kafer....This is not me who is saying that. It is a religious fatwa by the scholars. Research this fact and do not reply to my post to say otherwise before doing your research.....

Congratulation brothers and sister for the end of this creature. For the one who included him under the human umbrella, please correct your statement. He is not a human and he does not know what it mean....He is one of Shayateen Al-ins.

Why you say that? Makes me very sad...

Religious fatwa huh? What kind of sheikh would backbite saying a Muslim is kaffir when there is a hadith warning us to not point Muslims as kaffirs.

What has this world become.
It really does break my heart. I would want to die if I heard sheikhs had been giving 'religious' fatwas saying I was kaffir (n'authu billah) along with being called a shaytan.

Is this the sunnah today? Sheikhs are allowed to criticize us and tell us whether we're Muslim or not? Really? Shocking.

There is no hadith whatsoever about Gaddafi being a kaffir so what gives sheikhs the right to tell us whether he is Muslim or not

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wow Allaho Akbarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

May Allah reward Bashar of Syria the same end. Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.........

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother, first let me remaind you,and all of us InshAllah, that this kind of torture over one human body is strictly forbidden in Islam and that this kind of behaviour is very wrong and very hurting, Astagfirullah.

I apologise brother, but I did not understood for what are you saying Allahu Akbaar and to who you are congratulating? Before congratulating and be happy for death of Ghadaffi we should mention other importante things, like this way of unhuman behaviour, and we as Muslims should judge this awfull and so hurting act.

Inshallah Ghadafi will respond for his deads on Day of Judgment but these who have only Muslim names will aslo respond for doing Zulum on Earth.

PS: Also brother please take care well of your words for the sake of Allah.Everyone who has soul is human being and he should be treated as human being does not metter which are his deads, he deserve to be treated like Allah subhanahu wa teala and our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam thought us.Many Muslims today forget the real meaning and behaviour of one Muslim.

May Allah guide us all.Ameen.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Astagfirullah! Astagfirullah! Astagfirullah Al Azeem! Are these Muslims how they should be and is that the body of Ghadafi??? La hawla wa la kuwata illabillahi. How they can treat like that body of one human being,does not metter is he Muslim or kaffir persone, one Muslim never behave on this way, neither he do like this with one human body and even saying " Allahu Akbaar".

This is so disturbing Wallahi. We all know that Gaddafi killed so many Muslims in Libya but that never justify these " Muslim" actions. Astagfirullah Al Azeem.

Did our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam thought us this way of unhuman behaviour and did he and his Ashabhs radillahu anhum treat like this body of Kaffirs. No never, Alhamdulilah and the reason for that is because they were Muslims. This is such a shame what they done and I felt very hurted to see like that body of Ghadaffi( because he is still a human being) and my Muslim brothers behave like this but obvisosly many are far away from Islam.

May Allah guide our Ummah. Ameen ya Rabby

Sorry for my anger sister,

I'm just so infuriated that I can't take the picture of Gaddafi left on the ground just to rot away like that. Not any human deserves that, never, ever.

I didn't mean to call any Muslim a kaffir, but last time I checked the news it was NATO who had no mercy upon his plea to stop torturing him.

Honestly... The media think it's okay to show people under the age of 18 the pictures and videos as if it's something to boast of. What's that about? We believe Bin Laden didn't die because there was lack of evidence so the media reporters say "Oh, hey! Let's screen Gaddafi's face bleeding and being stepped on!"

The real truth of Gaddafi is hidden. He tried so hard to prevent wars, keep not only Libya but Africa overall out of debt, and of course America want Africa to stay in poverty/debt so that they get cheap resources. It all makes sense and I'm very angry for so many reasons but alhamdulillah I am restraining myself from going on a typing rage!

Most importantly, no one should EVER get tortured and left to die. It's so cruel and I'm only 15 so I hope you understand I'm not used to going on dailymail.co.uk and seeing someone left to die on the blood-stained concrete. It hurts to see that.

The ones who killed him are no different. He may have done lot of evil in his time but he may have done good as well. Whatever the case maybe, if he is truly dead then there is nothing for anyone here to say about him. His account is between him and Allah now.

As for the thugs that killed him and the US backed rebel terrorists that waged war in the country to over throw him, they are no different in their crimes against humanity. Allah will judge all of these puppets of the west.

I'm not going to watch that video nor ever will watch any such videos. I suggest you don't either, not everything is what it seems. Just know that what is happening is meant to be, the dictators were put in place by the west and their own greed and they will be taken off by the west as well.

Allah is removing dictatorship and tyrannical rule to prepare for the next governorship on His earth, Khalifah, as per the hadith of the Prophet s.a.w. IF you are only 15, inshallah remain steadfast in your deen and inshallah be ready to see the Al-Mahdi in your life time.

Hatty

Why you say that? Makes me very sad...

Religious fatwa huh? What kind of sheikh would backbite saying a Muslim is kaffir when there is a hadith warning us to not point Muslims as kaffirs.

What has this world become.
It really does break my heart. I would want to die if I heard sheikhs had been giving 'religious' fatwas saying I was kaffir (n'authu billah) along with being called a shaytan.

Is this the sunnah today? Sheikhs are allowed to criticize us and tell us whether we're Muslim or not? Really? Shocking.

There is no hadith whatsoever about Gaddafi being a kaffir so what gives sheikhs the right to tell us whether he is Muslim or not

What about someone who changes the text of the Quran. And to reject the Sunnah all together. And prays Asr 3 units of prayers, and prays the same prayer Jahran (loudly) and recites Surah 112 loudly and omits some words from the Surah. Then After the prayer when they pointed out to him that Asr is 4 units of prayers. He challenged them to bring them an Aya in the Quran which states that Asr is 4 Rak3as (units of prayers.) That was Gaddafi. And much more. And the Faattwa was given after those scholars met him personally and questioned his rejection of the Sunnah and after the meeting it was confirmed that he rejects the Sunnah...