Hello I am new

Jennie

And i can finally post :D thank you mods :D

(please forgive me if any of my language is incorrect, i am still learning)

Salaam!!

ok first thing is first. my name is jennie. i am 27 and i live in phoenix arizona. i am a single mother (cheating and abuse) to my baby girl Ayla who is 8 years old.

I came here with so many questions. and only time will help me get thru them.

but this first question is the most important. insha allah i will have an answer.

I have been studying Islam for about 2 years now. I started because for fun i was taking a quiz at beliefnet.com and after answering all the questions i came out 100% Muslim. I have been raised christian, but none of the christian teachings had any answers, nor peace for me.

so my first year studying, i felt amazed. awed. and compelled.

then i found a website, where men and women volunteer thier time to take phone calls of people from all over the world to answer questions, give advice, or help in the shahada. (i dont even remmeber the name of the site :( maybe someone here will know it)

in august of 2010, i said my shahada over the phone with one of the young men who volunteerd on that site... unfortunately, i am not confidant that it was valid...for one i did not understand it fully (though i do now, and i do NOT take it back now) and i felt pressured by this man to say the shahada with him. he kept asking, kept saying, kept telling.

I have always loved Allah (SWT) I just called Him by a different name (God) and i have learned so much of the prophet (pbuh) and i have learned a great deal in my 2 years of learning.

but my shahada worrys me, often. sometimes its all i can think about.

thank you so much for listening. and i hope to stay at this site for a long time!

assalamu alaikum

Jennie

where is my intro?

i posted out a very long introduction. :( but its not here yet. i really do not want to retype it all out! if its sitting around somewhere waiting for aproval can someone get it and put it up for me?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Hello and Welcome to the Forum,

Firstly, sorry that your post did not appear straight away (it just needed to be approved). I have merged your latest thread with the old one.

Secondly, if you believe firmly in your heart now that 'I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad :saw: (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is His Messenger,

'Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadar- Rasulullah'
- then you are Muslim, Alhamdu'lillaah (all praise/thanks is for Allah). If you are certain today/tonight then don't worry because it seems you would have had some questions before taking such a step. Insha'Allaah (Allah willing), I hope you are now content if you do believe.

Finally, if you have any questions then feel free to ask them and Insha'Allaah, someone will respond. (It seems like you are Muslim from your post although you stated 'Undecided' in your profile, could you please clarify, if you don't mind me asking?).

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
hi Jennie,

Welcome to our community. InshaAllah you will enjoy being here and benefit too.

Jennie

Thank you so much for approving my post :)

I do firmly believe in my heart. I did not even know what those words meant at the time i said it. but i do now. and i believe it!

i put undecided on my profile for this very reason. i was not sure if i WAS Muslim, becuase i wasnt sure if it would be valid. :shymuslima1:

Masha Allah i know now! and i am going to change my profile right now!

Thank you again so much!

Hello and Welcome to the Forum,

Firstly, sorry that your post did not appear straight away (it just needed to be approved). I have merged your latest thread with the old one.

Secondly, if you believe firmly in your heart now that 'I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad :saw: (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is His Messenger,

- then you are Muslim, Alhamdu'lillaah (all praise/thanks is for Allah). If you are certain today/tonight then don't worry because it seems you would have had some questions before taking such a step. Insha'Allaah (Allah willing), I hope you are now content if you do believe.

Finally, if you have any questions then feel free to ask them and Insha'Allaah, someone will respond. (It seems like you are Muslim from your post although you stated 'Undecided' in your profile, could you please clarify, if you don't mind me asking?).

salahdin

Welcome to tti ACTIONS ARE ACCORDING TO INTENTIONS"

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has said:“Verily Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth, but He looks to your heart and to your deeds.“ (Muslim)

Umar bin Khattab (RA) relates that Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: “All deeds depend on intention (i.e. the reward of performance of an act depends on the intention). Therefore a person, who migrated (with a pure intention) for the sake of Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), his migration will then be for Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). And if someone migrated for the sake of the world, or to marry a woman, then his migration will be for whatever he had intended.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum (peace be upon you),

No problem sister. Just to reiterate, welcome to the forum. Insha'Allaah you will find everyone warm, kind and considerate here (if you have any questions or concerns). Other than that, I hope you settle nicely.

Thank you so much for approving my post :)

I do firmly believe in my heart. I did not even know what those words meant at the time i said it. but i do now. and i believe it!

i put undecided on my profile for this very reason. i was not sure if i WAS Muslim, becuase i wasnt sure if it would be valid. :shymuslima1:

Masha Allah i know now! and i am going to change my profile right now!

Thank you again so much!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Hello Jennie! Wa alaykum salaam!

As Br. Ditta said, as long as you mean it then alhamdulilah you are Muslim!
I am also a revert, this site has a LOT of people not born into a Muslim family but found Islam anyway. This site is a very good place to learn about your deen. When I first joined, I had learned a lot of incorrect things and I was like "Wow, I really dont know anything about Islam" :(

But everyone here is very supportive and kind. You can use the search feature to look up subjects of older threads. There is also a Sisters Area, which is STRICTLY women :D You can go ask permission to go there, not sure how many posts you have to have.

You can also use the Private Message feature to contact your sisters privately :)

Jennie

hi alf! i have 7 posts (well 8 now!) and i know what you mean. there is a lot i thought i knew but found out that i did not know. so far everyone has been SO NICE! i think i will love it here. ive already gotten 3 private messages from other sisters! :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Welcome home, Jennie.

I am the elder sister on TTI. You will love and sometimes not like what I write. I love Islam.

I strongly urge you to contact the masjids in your area. Check them all out. Make contact with real people, so to speak.

And always feel free to PM me at any time. ( somehow that comes with being the older sister here)

Anyhow..welcome home.

Hatty

Salaam Sister, welcome to the site and may Allah reward you and shower you with blessing and mercy....Ameen

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

sister, the beauty of becoming a muslim is that you do not have to go through any sort of ritual to declare your faith. you just say the shahadah with conviction and that's it. you're a muslim.

:wasalam:

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
:salam2:

welcome to the forum dear sister. Everyone here is very nice and more than willing to help out. Inshallah ask away anything you like and feel at home with your new family here :)