I LEGIT want to go so bad inshallah

Sister Faisa

Asalamu alaykum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatu.

I came to this forum to ask for help from my bros and Sis. To cut to the chase, I want to go to an islami university.Not on online one, A LEGIT Islamic university. Why? Well I actually want learn a little bit about what it is I believe in, experience a life where you live along with a Muslim majority...u know the usual.

In response, I always get answers like, " you can learn fine staying here in Canada", which is true somewhat, but it is my preference to leave and experience it first hand,-- and to speak fluently on Arabic.

Alhamdoulilah, I know two brothers from my neighborhood that got accepted to the Islamic university of Madinah, one of them a convert brother. And mashallah, they tell my brother about how amazing it is.

Sound great and all but I have a slight problem.

I'm a girl.

Yes I know it may sound sketchy but this is something I want to do and willing to do anything for. I've used and abused every Islamic program offered to girls in my area, and subhanallah I just find myself wanting more, I just dont feel satisfied.

I've saved enough money alhamdoulilah, to be ready to leave if Allah blesses me with my dream opportunity to go to school in Saudi Arabia. I want this so bad for a while.

Is there anyone who knows of REAL opportunities for girls who would like to study in Islamic Universities?

On the side note, I'm 18 and single.. Will this effect the outcome of admission?

Anyone who has experience of being in an Islamic University, tell me how that was inshallah.

Jazakallah

Ershad

:salam2:

Sister,

Have you heard of Al-Azhar University, Cairo and International Islamic University, Islamabad? Al-Azhar university is oldest Islamic university in the world and there are lot of International students who come to learn there every year including women.

I hope that helps you.

FYI - Madinah University is also trying to develop courses and faculty for women as well. But it will take some time.

EDIT - There is a blog for Islamic universities and they have some advice for sisters. You might want to check it - http://soyouwanttobeastudent.wordpress.com/sisters/

According to them, the following universities in Saudi Arabia admit women:

Dar ul Hadith Al-Khayriyyah (Makkah)
Imam Ibn Saud University (Riyadh)
King Saud University (Riyadh)
Princess Nora bint Abdulrahman University for Women (Riyadh)
Umm ul Quraa (Makkah)

I wish all the best in your future endeavours and insha Allah, your wish will be true!

Sister Faisa

Jazakallah khair..

I was checking up on some of the universities you posted and mashallah but I noticed they had allot of strict rules pertaining Muslimahs in terms of mahrams. Do u know of any leeway for sisters who are not married?

Ershad

Jazakallah khair..

I was checking up on some of the universities you posted and mashallah but I noticed they had allot of strict rules pertaining Muslimahs in terms of mahrams. Do u know of any leeway for sisters who are not married?
:wasalam:

Sister,

According to what I understand, it is not permissible for a woman to travel to seek knowledge without a mahram. It is really inspiring that you have the determination to learn about Islam from authentic sources. But, you have to do it the Islamic way too.

Please read this fatwa: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/82392

As a result, it is difficult to find any authentic good university that will allow you to travel to study without a mahram. Because, it will be like not following the hadeeth. I hope you understand. The best way (and the only way) for your case would be to relocate to the place with a mahram (brother or father).

Barakallahu feek!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Jazakallah khair..

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

This actually is a problem many of us face. My younger brother is interested but he's too young to accompany me. By the time he's of age i.e old enough and educated enough I'll be past or very much close to the age limit as far as I know.

I pray for it nonetheless, Allaah will make a way out of no way.

See you there *Smile*! [Dreaming]

aboo_jadd

If it is Saudi, the practical options I believer are going to Imam Saud University in Riyadh and Umm ul Qura University in Mekkah. It is very tough to get accepted there no doubt and you must have a mahram.

Was-salamu 'Alaykum

Edit: I didn't see Br. Ershad's post but his seems more beneficial than mine alhamdulillah.

Sister Faisa

Jazakallah khair for the wonderful answers. I will keep them in mind inshallah.

Turns out there's word swaying in the Muslim community in Ottawa about an Islamic university called "Tooba University" in Maryland, Us ( wherever that is lol)

I checked out the website and it looks pretty legit, but I'm not too sure to be honest. I do know that they are an education project produced by Darrusalam, they same group who initiated the ever popular AlHuda schools :)

None the less, I want to know what you guys think. Is it serious? Is it worth consideration?

Check the link below and let me know what you make of it

toobauniversity.org

Sister Faisa

I hope that you will accept that education that you truly wanted: our sister in Islam who lives in Canada. May Allaahu Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala bless us and all of our families.

Wassalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Jazakallah khair akhi! Ameeen. Inshallahu ta'ala I will be able to get my dream.

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum sister faisa

masha'allah!!!im so proud of you....mash'allah sister on your decision to study arabic and that too in an islamic university...

sister,it is really good to study in an islamic university,but do you have any mahram in the country where you wish to study(sorry that i have very little information about which university is the best)...or atleast a female relative who may help you...i say so because it may be very difficult for a woman to live alone in any country without any close relative to help...she may fall into some trap...

and Allah knows best...

forgive me if i have hurt you sister

:jazaak:

mufakkir

Asalamu alaykum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatu.

I came to this forum to ask for help from my bros and Sis. To cut to the chase, I want to go to an islami university.Not on online one, A LEGIT Islamic university. Why? Well I actually want learn a little bit about what it is I believe in, experience a life where you live along with a Muslim majority...u know the usual.

In response, I always get answers like, " you can learn fine staying here in Canada", which is true somewhat, but it is my preference to leave and experience it first hand,-- and to speak fluently on Arabic.

Alhamdoulilah, I know two brothers from my neighborhood that got accepted to the Islamic university of Madinah, one of them a convert brother. And mashallah, they tell my brother about how amazing it is.

Sound great and all but I have a slight problem.

I'm a girl.

Yes I know it may sound sketchy but this is something I want to do and willing to do anything for. I've used and abused every Islamic program offered to girls in my area, and subhanallah I just find myself wanting more, I just dont feel satisfied.

I've saved enough money alhamdoulilah, to be ready to leave if Allah blesses me with my dream opportunity to go to school in Saudi Arabia. I want this so bad for a while.

Is there anyone who knows of REAL opportunities for girls who would like to study in Islamic Universities?

On the side note, I'm 18 and single.. Will this effect the outcome of admission?

Anyone who has experience of being in an Islamic University, tell me how that was inshallah.

Jazakallah

Salaam Alaikum,

May Allah reward your noble intention. Firstly, you should note, as one of the posters above has mentioned, that according to the majority of opinions, it is NOT permissable for you to travel for the purpose you have intended without a mahram. Whilst your desire and intention is indeed a praiseworthy one, it cannot alone justify ignoring the clear hukm in this regard. You should also remember that you are intending to seek sacred knowledge, the very knowledge which is prohibiting you from travelling alone. A legal maxim in Sharia'ah states: a wrong cannot be used to establish a right. Plainly put, you are attempting to do good by doing wrong!
Secondly, i work and live in Saudi Arabia - I work at Imam Muhammad Islamic University - and speaking from experience can confirm that the universities here will NOT accept you based on the above reasons. I would sincerely advise you to reconsider your situation and perhaps, inshaAllah, settle for something closer to home until such a time would allow you to travel, i.e. either with a male family member or husband.
WaAllahu A'lam.

Was Salaam