Do we have to say "PBUH" everytime we hear the Prophet PBUH's name ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I'am reading a book on Prophet Mohamed PBUH and I will admit. Saying PBUH everytime the Prophet PBUH's name comes makes reading the book harder.How about when we speak about the Prophet PBUH ? Should we say PBUH everytime we say his name ?

THank You !!! :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

It was narrated from Husayn ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send blessings upon me.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (3546) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel (1/35).

Some scholars say it is a Wajib, and some scholars don't.

Please read the following Fatwa regarding the issue, for more information.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/100859

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Think of it this way...it is like putting money in a savings account. Each time you mention his name and send blessings well on the Day of Judgement...I want to cash in...that is the Day we will get our jackpot...how hard is it? Please.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I can see how reading a book will make it hard. I read a biography of him and they made the first page dedicated to sending blessings upon him, after that it wasnt mentioned each seperate time.

I used to think it was kind of hard to say it everytime. Now it comes automatically. And when i talk about him to Non-Muslims theyre like "thats a long name" then i have to explain what it means in Arabic and so on and so forth.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “He who sends blessings on me once, Allah sends him blessings ten times.” [Muslim, Abu Dawud, & Tirmidhi]

Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “He who sends blessings on me once Allah sends blessings on him ten times and removes from him ten sins and raises him by ten degrees.” [al-Nasa'i].

Is not that wonderful? :) Its like a gold mine which never empties. Extract more and more and more, and save more and more. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Perseveranze

If I'm honest, if I don't see someone say (PBUH) I usually assume their not Muslim, since I'm so used to Muslims sayin (PBUH).

Same with all the other Prophets(pbut), helps identify Muslims easier.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
If I'm honest, if I don't see someone say (PBUH) I usually assume their not Muslim, since I'm so used to Muslims sayin (PBUH).

Same with all the other Prophets(pbut), helps identify Muslims easier.

You would THINK that it would make it easier.
But the other day I had this happen to me. A lady was wearing a necklace with the Arabic "Allah" and i said my salaams.

She was like, "Oh I'm an Infidel. I just like how it looks"

I was GOBSMACKED. :shymuslima1:

gr8 muslim

we should cos its only 4 words and the reward is very great. i suppose u just have to get used to seeing (pbuh) every few sentences when ur reading a book

Islam!!yay

you reminded of Gaddafi as he does not say PBUH after he mentions his name...

:salam2:

What do you mean I reminded you of Gaddafi ? I always send Blessing on our beloved Prophet PBUH.

But Thanks Everybody for your answers and infos May Allah SWT Bless you all for helping me . :)

Noor El-Huda

I will attempt to translate this hadith but please search the original translation for greater accuracy.

فعن عبد الله بن عمرو بن العاص رضي الله عنهما أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : (مَنْ صَلَّى عَلَيَّ صَلَاةً صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ بِهَا عَشْرًا) رواه مسلم (384) .

It is narrated by Amru bin Ala's ra that the prophet PBUH said: He who says Peace be upon me once, Allah swt will say peace be upon him ten times.

10 times!! SubhanAllah! How much are we in need of Allah SWT to mention us, to be to bestow on us peace and blessings?

Another hadith. It is referring to an aya in the quran.

عن أنس بن مالك قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم لأبي بن كعب إن الله أمرني أن أقرأ عليك " لم يكن الذين كفروا " قال وسماني قال نعم قال فبكى

The translation is from Ibn Katheer:

Anas ibn Maalik said: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him to Ubayy ibn Ka'b that God told me to read to you ("not those who disbelieve from the People of the Book") said and called me to you He said yes and cried.

Bukhari (3809) and Muslim (799) and al-Tirmidhi (3792) and Women (Companions of 134) of an interview by the Division

My humble explanation:
When the prophet PBUH told Ubayy ibn Ka'b (who was the prophet's scribe of the quran), that Allah swt has commanded him to read to Ubayy ra, the aya: "not those who disbelieve from the People of the Book". Ubbay ra asked the prophet did Allah swt mention me by name, the prophet PBUH said yes. Ubbay cried from happiness.