TORTURE IN HOSPITALS bbc

esperanza

revert of many years
Syria 'using hospitals for torture' - Amnesty
The Syrian army has been fighting to put down seven months of demonstrations Continue reading the main story
Syria CrisisUndercover in Homs
Why West was rebuffed at UN
Inside Damascus, a city on edge
Is unrest heading to civil war?
Patients in government-run hospitals in Syria are being tortured in an attempt to suppress dissent, an Amnesty International report alleges.

The 39-page report claims patients in at least four state hospitals have been subjected to torture and other ill-treatment, including by medical staff.

Many injured civilians consider it safer not going to hospital, it says.

Syrian authorities have denied torturing opponents of the government.

Anti-government protests, which first broke out in March, have continued despite President Bashar al-Assad's attempts to stifle them.

The UN says more than 3,000 people have died in seven months of unrest, which Syria has blamed on "terrorists" and "armed gangs".

International journalists face severe restrictions on reporting in Syria, and it is hard to verify reports.

'Seriousness'

Amnesty's Middle East and North Africa researcher Cilina Nasser said Syrian authorities appeared to have "given security forces a free rein in hospitals".

"In many cases hospital staff appear to have taken part in torture and ill treatment of the very people they are supposed to care for," she said in a statement.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
If we send a request to the Central Blood Bank, the security would know about him and we would be putting him at risk or arrest and torture”
End Quote
Medic
"Given the scale and seriousness of the injuries being sustained by people across the country, it is disturbing to find that many consider it safer to risk not having major wounds treated rather than going to proper medical facilities."

The human rights group documented cases where patients had been removed from hospitals.

In September, the report says, security forces raided a hospital in Homs, looking for an alleged armed field commander opposed to the government.

When they failed to find him, they arrested 18 wounded people, Amnesty says. One staff member said he saw at least one unconscious patient have his ventilator removed before he was taken away.

Blood 'dilemma'

One medic who had worked a private hospital in Homs told Amnesty that hospitals suffered a "dilemma" over patients who needed blood, because the blood bank was under the control of the defence ministry.

"We faced a dilemma every time we received a patient with a firearm injury and an urgent need of blood: if we send a request to the Central Blood Bank, the security would know about him and we would be putting him at risk or arrest and torture, and possibly death in custody," he told Amnesty.

Amnesty said there was information to suggest patients had suffered abuse in the national hospitals of Baniyas, Homs and Tell Kalakh, and the military hospital in Homs.

Ahmad, a doctor from Homs, said he had seen many patients disappear from the hospital he had worked in.

He told the BBC he had alerted the hospital manager after seeing a 14-year-old, who was brought in with bullet wounds, being beaten up by a nurse.

He was later requested to visit the security building, after the nurse told officials he was part of an Islamic organisation. He did not go, he said, instead choosing to leave Syria.

Other doctors have also complained of attacks or raids on hospitals during the uprising.

gr8 muslim

This is a very bad thing 2 happen in a country full of muslims. Inshallah the rebels will win and peace will be restored. Plus president assad is a very bad muslim as i heard somewhere that if someone killed one person it will be as if he has killed all of humanity.Obviously assad hasnt heard about this as he is killing people everyday

John Smith

This is the same BBC that was the mouthpiece for the british goverment regarding the Weapons of mass destruction in iraq,the taliban in afghanistan and pointing the finger at bin-laden and very recently the propaganda tool for the invasion of libya.

Wake up people can you not see what is happening all around you?

esperanza

revert of many years
This is the same BBC that was the mouthpiece for the british goverment regarding the Weapons of mass destruction in iraq,the taliban in afghanistan and pointing the finger at bin-laden and very recently the propaganda tool for the invasion of libya.

Wake up people can you not see what is happening all around you?

why does everything have to be propoganda...there is real torture and killing there.. iknow people personally..one person i know lost her twin brother..shot in the back ..he was a young soldier shot for refusing to shooot protesto9rs..this is fact.......................

John Smith

why does everything have to be propoganda...there is real torture and killing there.. iknow people personally..one person i know lost her twin brother..shot in the back ..he was a young soldier shot for refusing to shooot protesto9rs..this is fact.......................

Im sorry to hear about your individual case but he was not tortured in a hospital was he?torture in hospitals is one thing,but you must understand the bbc is complicit in pushing an agenda for the goverment afterall it is the mouth piece for the goverment.

Do you remember the kuwaiti nurse who alleged sadams soldiers were turning off incuabtors in hospitals? turned out she was kuwaiti princess coached by the CIA and made the whole thing up to turn the world against saddam.

Peace

Shak78

:salam2:

Not every story from a Western Media outlet is propaganda. Assad is killing his own people, using torture as a weapon and is an Alawite Shiite. He will do anything and everything to hold onto power so this isn't outside the realm of possibility. Not every story from the BBC, CNN ect is false and lies. To think they all are is going in the opposite direction of being critical, its ignorant.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is not that every story is false from CNN and BBC and my favorite FOX..but they are the media of the kufr.

No-one can argue with me on this one.

Why would you trust one that does not believe? Common sense prevails..they have lied..they lie and they will lie..they are not Believers. You can not take their word.

gr8 muslim

Assalaam walaikum,

It is not that every story is false from CNN and BBC and my favorite FOX..but they are the media of the kufr.

Why would you trust one that does not believe? Common sense prevails..they have lied..they lie and they will lie..they are not Believers. You can not take their word.
i completely agree with you :)

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

well al jazeera is arabic,,but is an even bigger liar...
its been prvoed many times there is torture and systematic killing going on in syria ...but it seems noone ares ..where are the muslims..and then everyone is up in arms...when the west steps in like in lybia...so where are muslim nations
muslims are attacked in mosques...imams are shot ..men women and children are tortured...and we all sit quiet i wonder why...

are we waitng for another massare as in the 80s in syria or as in bosnia in 90s.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You answered the question: when the west steps in.

They did not just step in...it took a long time in coming. It is not isolated. The west has not helped itself even.

Hegemony. Divide and conquer. It is in the blood of the oppressor.

Sister, why do people come back and attack..you had to defend the west why?
Why the need to uphold the very evil that is behind this evil.

We can not trust the non-Believer. I am so sorry but we can not. Evil is evil..even if they say they are doing good.

It's all about money and gold and oil and the disbeliever wants it all and he wants it now. He has told us that. He will lie and kill. He does not care. He does not Believe.

gr8 muslim

also it was the west which said that they were making everything better when they invaded iraq and afghanistan. it is true that they overthrew tyrants but then they stayed there for another 10 years.In that 10 years they acheived nothing but a lot of lost lives

esperanza

revert of many years
also it was the west which said that they were making everything better when they invaded iraq and afghanistan. it is true that they overthrew tyrants but then they stayed there for another 10 years.In that 10 years they acheived nothing but a lot of lost lives

you misunderstand me..im not defending the west...but asking why muslim ountries and muslim people dont help fellow muslims

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum

Sister that is a long story. I will give you my version of it.

Once upon a time there were Believers. They did good. Across the seas some men found the treasures these Believers had. They got jealous. They raided and kept on raiding. They captured and killed and made slaves of the Believers. They transported them to other seas. And they made the Believing man feel inferior because of the color of his skin. He was made to doubt who he was. As doubt took over the Believers began to imitate the oppressors. They wanted to be like him in every way. Marry his woman, live in his land, speak his language, dress like him, celebrate his holidays.
Well one day someone woke up and said no more...but that was not so long ago. It took centuries for the Believer to wake up..and we have a long way to go.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Assalaam walaikum

Sister that is a long story. I will give you my version of it.

Once upon a time there were Believers. They did good. Across the seas some men found the treasures these Believers had. They got jealous. They raided and kept on raiding. They captured and killed and made slaves of the Believers. They transported them to other seas. And they made the Believing man feel inferior because of the color of his skin. He was made to doubt who he was. As doubt took over the Believers began to imitate the oppressors. They wanted to be like him in every way. Marry his woman, live in his land, speak his language, dress like him, celebrate his holidays.
Well one day someone woke up and said no more...but that was not so long ago. It took centuries for the Believer to wake up..and we have a long way to go.

This is very true and the reality most are alluded from. Most of the non-Anglo races suffer from inferiority complex,mainly thanks to colonization and their subjugation to the Anglo imperialism. While we cannot deny the fact that innocents are being killed by these dictators and yet at the same time we cannot take the news from the kuffars as well since we know what they utter is more lies than truth.

O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar — evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done. Quran (49.06)

Have we already forgotten over million dead in Iraq and more dieing daily all because of the lies of the kuffar?

esperanza

revert of many years
This is very true and the reality most are alluded from. Most of the non-Anglo races suffer from inferiority complex,mainly thanks to colonization and their subjugation to the Anglo imperialism. While we cannot deny the fact that innocents are being killed by these dictators and yet at the same time we cannot take the news from the kuffars as well since we know what they utter is more lies than truth.

O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar — evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done. Quran (49.06)

Have we already forgotten over million dead in Iraq and more dieing daily all because of the lies of the kuffar?

so what would you like to do believe the arab news,,,like syrian television that there is no killing of protestors,,,

because most arab stations lie too

al jazeera is backed by jews..but thousands of muslims listen to it

are you questioning that these killings really happened

FACT: whoever reported it: innocents are being tortured and killed in syria

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
so what would you like to do believe the arab news,,,like syrian television that there is no killing of protestors,,,

because most arab stations lie too

al jazeera is backed by jews..but thousands of muslims listen to it

are you questioning that these killings really happened

FACT: whoever reported it: innocents are being tortured and killed in syria

Sister, If i gave you a food plate with hairs in it will you eat the whole thing or will you pick out the hairs first? The same goes for all these news sources, we should not take them at face value but rather pick out the lies and believe what's left. We recognize atrocities are being committed and innocents are dieing but we don't go believing how they are killed or how many killed and so forth from the mouths of fasiqh people. If you want to know all that details then talk to reliable trustworthy people and verify it as the Quran says.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

You are correct..we must verify it amongst ourselves. We are the sane and rational ones. We are not interested in the wonders and resources of this world. That is the gift that Allah has given us as we travel back to Him.

esperanza

revert of many years
Sister, If i gave you a food plate with hairs in it will you eat the whole thing or will you pick out the hairs first? The same goes for all these news sources, we should not take them at face value but rather pick out the lies and believe what's left. We recognize atrocities are being committed and innocents are dieing but we don't go believing how they are killed or how many killed and so forth from the mouths of fasiqh people. If you want to know all that details then talk to reliable trustworthy people and verify it as the Quran says.

so who shall we ask tthe syrian authorities,,,,
do you know people there personally..i do and know what is going on

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I had the opportunity to speak to a respected Muslim brother. He is one of the most pious men I know. He speaks little. He reflects. He guides others and is always the first to listen.

I asked him, as he is Syrain, who do I make dua for. He responded..make dua for all. Make dua for peace.

I know so little. I do know he has family, close family, in Syria.

I do not know the reasons for the bloodbath. I can not enjoy or revel in the blood of innocents.

I do know this has little to do with faith or the Love of Allah.

Arguing about who is right or wrong is speculation at this time.
When the whole world is on fire..it seems so hard to focus on one bonfire of madness.

If I had any power I would tell everyone go home and pray. Everyone slow down and think of what you are participating in and for and what are the consequences of your actions.

John Smith

Assalaam walaikum,

I had the opportunity to speak to a respected Muslim brother. He is one of the most pious men I know. He speaks little. He reflects. He guides others and is always the first to listen.

I asked him, as he is Syrain, who do I make dua for. He responded..make dua for all. Make dua for peace.

I know so little. I do know he has family, close family, in Syria.

I do not know the reasons for the bloodbath. I can not enjoy or revel in the blood of innocents.

I do know this has little to do with faith or the Love of Allah.

Arguing about who is right or wrong is speculation at this time.
When the whole world is on fire..it seems so hard to focus on one bonfire of madness.

If I had any power I would tell everyone go home and pray. Everyone slow down and think of what you are participating in and for and what are the consequences of your actions.

Spot on Aapa, took the words out my mouth if i may say so.