shoes from masjid

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

i have a Question, an accident happened

today back from Jummah, i was leaving and the shoes i put on later on i realized they are not mine, they look the same, they were in the same place where i put my shoes, and even the company is like the same, only time i realized they weren't mine but one of the logo was different, now i cant even go back cuz the masjid is far from me and i dont have a car

im not sure wat to do :S what should i do???

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
The person probably got your shoes. Short of calling and saying what happened, and that you have no car...What can you do?

strive-may-i

"The footwear exchange Deal"

You say the shoes are very identical [ same size and degree of wear/tear] Its okay then, since it was by mistake and you realized once you reached home, and it happens often in places, where footwear are required to be left outside. But how far is far [time to travel].

Usually reveals the true nature of person who is left with the identical other [ie yours]. What matters is the reaction. if shoes are very identical [size, worn] most accept it as mistake and move on, but some do make a fuss. However if sizes are different, thats problematic for the other person. And incase his shoe, is brand new or yours is worn out, then definitely it will seed an element of doubt... And should you feel really uneasy about it, and eating your conscience, pass the message to Imaam to announce in next similar prayer [Friday or regular depends, presume its Friday]

And in case yours was an absent-minded act, then those are signs... you are getting older, do something about it :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
The person probably got your shoes. Short of calling and saying what happened, and that you have no car...What can you do?

thats the Question idk what can i do

"The footwear exchange Deal"

You say the shoes are very identical [ same size and degree of wear/tear] Its okay then, since it was by mistake and you realized once you reached home, and it happens often in places, where footwear are required to be left outside. But how far is far [time to travel].

Usually reveals the true nature of person who is left with the identical other [ie yours]. What matters is the reaction. if shoes are very identical [size, worn] most accept it as mistake and move on, but some do make a fuss. However if sizes are different, thats problematic for the other person. And incase his shoe, is brand new or yours is worn out, then definitely it will seed an element of doubt... And should you feel really uneasy about it, and eating your conscience, pass the message to Imaam to announce in next similar prayer [Friday or regular depends, presume its Friday]

And in case yours was an absent-minded act, then those are signs... you are getting older, do something about it :)

yes they are very identical i notice the difference from the logo which is somewhat diff and that logo is below the laces
by far its something thats not enough to walk and since i dont have a car my friend gave me a ride for jummah
and both are shoes are used, mine were probably in better shape ( i wud say)

about getting old ... umm well its so similar like idk i feel like anyone could have made a mistake, also i was in a lil rush cause my friend was parked behind someone so he needed to move the car

well the main question is that is it stealing?

strive-may-i

By mistake is not stealing , from how, am thought and mistake should not become habit..

What matters also is, how the other person perceives it. now if the other person was left with a really worn out shoe, where he placed his new shoe, he can think of it as theft. But here in your case, its identical almost, you reiterate. And even if the other person had arrived first, and had he also been in a hurry, he too might have gone away wearing your shoe. so its fine, does not amount to stealing..

Should you still have doubt, you can consult a just Imaam in your locality

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

If the shoe fits wear it...we have all been there. A post like this is so refreshing to read. Jazaak Allahu Kharin for the innocence of it.

MalikBrother

Waleikum Salaam!

Well, you still have shoes. Mine was stolen in Masjid during Friday Prayer especially in Canada. I have had to come at home with no shoe. LOL

At least, be grateful. Brother LOL

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam walaikum,

If the shoe fits wear it...we have all been there. A post like this is so refreshing to read. Jazaak Allahu Kharin for the innocence of it.

LOL..Good answer indeed Aapa!

Waleikum Salaam!

Well, you still have shoes. Mine was stolen in Masjid during Friday Prayer especially in Canada. I have had to come at home with no shoe. LOL

At least, be grateful. Brother LOL

Poor you! Shame on them.

msmoorad

mommys boy
SALAAMS TO ALL

why dont u phone the musjid & tell whoever answrs to inform the imam that he should write on the notice board or announce that someone has accidently taken the wrong pair of shoes during jumuah?

you can give your contact details or just the description of the shoes.
inform them u will be back the next jumuah and will be able to return the shoes to their rightful owner.

if u are unable to do so, please give me the name & location of the musjid & i will try and get the phone numbers for you.
u can then phone & do whats necessary.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah