WILL I GET ANOTHER CHANCE

esperanza

revert of many years
assalamalaykum brothers and sisters

twenty two years ago i reverted to islam ..hamdilla my slate was wiped clean,my previous life was forgotten iwas given a chance to starta new life...

five years ago iwas lucky enough to go for hajj,.hamdilla
again another chance...all my past sins were forgiven and it was as im a new person ....should have reached the best stage of my life

but unfortunately things happened in my life...my life turned upside down ,and i found myself in a period where ialmost lost my way , many things happened to me and i made big mistakes too...and it has taken til now just to stabilise my life...and still im not really ok ....

but what worries me..is ihad two great chances in life for everything to be forgiven ,to be as a new person and after that i made mistakes wrong choices

do iget another chance in life...do i have time to make it up
soemtimes iworry time is running out and can i still do enough good in life to compensate

seeing people now going to hajj... iremeber and feel sad

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

twenty two years ago i reverted to islam ..hamdilla my slate was wiped clean,my previous life was forgotten iwas given a chance to starta new life...

again another chance...all my past sins were forgiven and it was as im a new person ....should have reached the best stage of my life

but unfortunately things happened in my life...my life turned upside down ,and i found myself in a period where ialmost lost my way , many things happened to me and i made big mistakes too...and it has taken til now just to stabilise my life...and still im not really ok ....

but what worries me..is ihad two great chances in life for everything to be forgiven ,to be as a new person and after that i made mistakes wrong choices

soemtimes iworry time is running out and can i still do enough good in life to compensate

:wasalam:

As long as you are alive no matter what mistake you made or what bad things you did, you can always ask Allah for forgiveness. Don't ever let shaytan make you believe that there's no other chances. There's always a chance so long as you're alive and well. Allah loves those who always ask of Him for forgiveness and all other good things in this life. Allah hates those who loose hope in Him. We must always have a lot of hope in Allah that he will forgive our sins and mistakes. We are human and will certainly make mistakes, what matters is how often we regret and ask Allah for His forgiveness and mercy. This is the most important. in many verses of the Quran, Allah talks about His forgiveness. This is my favorite among the many ayahs that talk about the Forgiveness of Allah.

Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Sûrah al-Zumar: 53]

a_stranger

Dear sister all of us are doing mistakes , given chances , ..........we all planned for a very high state in islam but didn t work hard ........our only hope is in the mercy of Allah and the he forgive us . You are not a lone , when i finished hajj i felt like angel , but day after day things changed ......now i am struggling again with this dunya.

esperanza

revert of many years
Dear sister all of us are doing mistakes , given chances , ..........we all planned for a very high state in islam but didn t work hard ........our only hope is in the mercy of Allah and the he forgive us . You are not a lone , when i finished hajj i felt like angel , but day after day things changed ......now i am struggling again with this dunya.

thank you sister.. im glad im not the only one ..sometimes ifeel such a failure

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister, we are just ordinary Muslims we do make mistakes. Mother of all believers (may Allah be pleased with them) did make mistakes too, that show they are human too. The sahaba (may Allah be pleased with them), they too. Do not worry too much, just keep asking for Allah's mercy and to guide you... Inshallah

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
As'salaamu Alaikum dear sister,

We all make mistakes and fall into sin again and again. Allah, Himself, says if there was someone who did not commit sin then He would unmake that person and make him again so he would sin and then ask Allah for forgiveness. He knows we are weak because that is how He created us. There's a difference between falling into sin due to our own weakness and intentionally going down the sinful path without any fear of Allah. The door of Mercy and Forgiveness is always open so long as we are alive. There are many hadith that talks about it, like these ones.

[SIZE=-1]Said the Prophet on whom be peace: "Says Allah, 'He who knows (and believes) that I forgive all sins, then I do forgive all his sins, and do not care - so long as he does not suggest partners unto Me." And the rule will be applied (continues the Prophet ) in the Hereafter."

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The Prophet quotes Allah as having said: "Son of Adam! If your sins were to reach the limits of the sky, and then you seek My forgiveness, I shall forgive you, and I do not care. Son of Adam! If you will bring sins equal in volume to the earth and then you meet Me (on the day of Judgment) in the state that you would not have suggested partners unto Me, I shall give you in return forgiveness equal to the volume of the earth."

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Another hadith of the Prophet should be enough for the purpose. Said he: "He who repented is like him who has no sin on him."[/SIZE]

saifkhan

abd-Allah

As salam 'alaykum warahamatu-llah

Allah subhanahu wa ta'la forgives sins from one Ramadaan to another, one prayer time to another.

watch this video, hope this can clear your bad feeling insha Allah

[yt]3fDn-iNPgbs&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLC471D48D54DBD585[/yt]

wassalam

John Smith

Allah SWt loves those who make mistakes because they are the best of repenters.

We all fall short and its hard to hold ont to the rope of Allah Swt in these testing times but never lose hope as Allah Swt is the most merciful and loves those who repent.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There is the salat of repentance.

Come on now sister...He will forgive us even if our sins pile high..if we ask.

I don't know about you..but you went through a process of discarding what you don't need.

The word in Islam is strive. We strive. It is the intention. No need for sadness. Rejoice that you are aware of the names of Allah. Rejoice that you have the blessing of salat. You are not alone...it's almost Eid..and InshaAllah if we fast tomorrow...the sins that are erased...( i think I have a truck load that need to be forgiven )

strive-may-i

Since its the eve of Hajj (fifth pillar of Islam), and I happened to come across , once again below Hadees :
'Amr ibn Al-'Aas narrates, "When Islam entered my heart, I went to the Messenger of Allah and said, 'Give me your hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you.' The Prophet spread his hand, but I withdrew mine. He said, 'What is wrong 'Amr?' I said, 'I want to make a condition.' 'And what is that?' he said. I said, 'That Allah will forgive me.' Then the Messenger of Allah said, 'Did you not know that Islam wipes out what came before it, and that Hijrah wipes out what came before it and that Hajj wipes out what came before it!" (Sahih Muslim).

One does not need an occassion or a special day for sins to be erased. All that one needs to do is , ask for forgiveness,
- such that the one against whom we have wronged forgives
- such that Almighty Allah forgives.
And never again repeat it willfully. Be Good, Do Good, and submit to will of Allah... is the way of Pious.

May we too, turn Pious... Ameen

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
I am struggling with the same too. But Allah is in my life. The strangest feeling is that I can feel Him. Everytime I make a mistake I FEEL Him trying to push me in the right direction, like my Protector! :) Alhamdulillah! One of the great things that has happened is I found this site :) So jazakAllah to all that contribute here and help lost souls like me "finding light" :)

esperanza

revert of many years
I am struggling with the same too. But Allah is in my life. The strangest feeling is that I can feel Him. Everytime I make a mistake I FEEL Him trying to push me in the right direction, like my Protector! :) Alhamdulillah! One of the great things that has happened is I found this site :) So jazakAllah to all that contribute here and help lost souls like me "finding light" :)

yes your right dear sister...i know im being guided and protected and encouraged not to make wrong step again inshalla
and yes i found this site too at a time ireally neede it

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
I think this feeling is a reassurance to us that no matter what Allah is always with us. No matter how many times we sin or do wrong, He is waiting for us to turn to Him. He doesnt give up on us and so we should never give up on Him. Believe, repent, keep your faith and Inshallah with time, you will find the peace that you want. I make this dua for myself too :p

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I found this letter that is so inspirational...I posted it on the Tariq Mehanna thread. Please read it.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Alhamdulillah Allah has guided you to the straight path sister. You have been given one of the greatest blessings in the universe! I myself am a revert and have been given that same blessing. Like you I have had moments of concern and worry that something I have done since taking my shahada will sentence me to the eternal damnation of hellfire. I know where you are coming from but let me just say to you what I tell myself when I have these moments of doubt..........the shaitan does his best to trip us up using whatever tools he can use against us. That is his job and he takes it very seriously so beware of the shaitan he is your worst enemy!

Think about this if you will...........before taking your shahada you probably had no real fear of the hellfire and probably didnt even think about it much. Now that you are striving to please your creator you think about the hellfire and fear it ALL THE TIME am I right? Well what reason would shaitan have to pester you when he already had you in his pocket? He wasnt at all interested in you when you were already doing what he wanted you to do! But now that you are a true blue slave of Allah he suddenly became very very interested in you. He wants you back and will use your doubts and insecurities against you if he thinks he can trip you up.

Many people who are in a world of sin dont care about doing whats right because they are hopeless and think that it doesnt matter what they do since they are going to hell anyway. I cannot tell you how many times I have actually heard those words coming out of someones mouth so nonchalantly as if they were giving a weather forcast instead of predicting their own eternal demise!!!!! I am stunned!!!! LIFE gives us chance after chance after chance to repent and make good on our contract to Allah. It is only death that robs us of the chance to change ourselves because then it is game over..........times up and youre out!

Repent and trust in Allah to forgive. It is his promise to us that if we repent with sincerity and strive to never repeat our mistakes and behave in the best manner which is prescribed for us in Quran and Sunnah then he will forgive us. Trust in Allah and believe with all of your heart. Stop listening to the shaitan because he is trying to fool you.

You are in my dua sister. I pray Allah will make the way easy for you. Ameen :tti_sister:+

Riham

Assalamu alaykum dear sister.

Don't be sad. :)

Your world turned upside down after those two great chances you had of being completely forgiven. Say, "Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!".

Cheer up and feel your spirits getting lifted.

Because this is what I see......

Allah sent down hardships and turned your world upside down... because He wanted to reward you with good. :)

Isn't there a hadith that says that to whosoever Allah intends good to happen, He sends to them hardships and difficulties?

If we consider the reverse of this..... then it means... whosoever Allah wishes to destroy, He sends to them ease, comfort and prosperity.

Hardships are far more better for us than properity....

And this I know from personal experience.

The best learning experiences I've had, the best and most glorious moments ofo my life have been..... the hardships and difficulties that Allah sent to me.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!!!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
sister know this: in islam there are so many good deeds that we can do that by just doing one of them in some cases the rewards are multiplied 10, 100 even a thousand times. a sheikh once told me that it's very hard for a muslim to not make jannah, because ALLAH SWT rewards us so greatly with each good deed we take part in. sister, we are even rewarded when we think of doing an evil and then decide not to do that evil. rewards for smiling, rewards for greeting etc.

also, don't doubt ALLAH SWT ability to accept tawbah. sometimes we think that our sins are too great even for ALLAH SWT to forgive. when we do that, we are actually limiting the greatness of Ar Rahman, Ar Rahim and doing that can be a sin. just keep your head up high and always seek ALLAH'S mercy.

faroza

Assalamwalaikum
Dear friend dont be a failuer person ... Dont worry ... Ask forgivness .. Allah is there to forgive.. And pray for evry one to get 1 chance to see Allah 's house (MACCA)