promoting a purely christian charity

arzafar

:salam2:
yaar i want to know if it is halal or haram to advertise and help promote a purely christian charity. They only help Christians and forward their own message/agendas. i searched islam-qa but didnt find anything. Actually i am 90% sure it is haram but i just want to make sure.

shukran

alf2

Islam is a way of life
They dont just help christians, they will help anyone.
But along with their gifts or aid, they do promote the Christian religion in hopes they will convert due to the charity.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

I know we have had a similar discussion here. Ask Brother in Islam. He posted on the thread.
That's one of those tricky areas and he posted information to help clarify the issues. I think we even discussed the Salvation Army.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I don't think your allowed to do anything that would promote the worship of anyone besides Allah(swt).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am going to have to recall the thread. I remember I thought charity is charity. I believe in giving to local food pantries. Hunger is hunger. I had advocated for the Salvation Army. The good they provide for all is real. But, I was surprised to learn that there is a mixed view.

As I do not wish to cause confusion, I will spend a moment..running through the caverns of my mind..and I'll post the link..

Kakorot

:wasalam:

I don't think it's a wise idea, you know why? Because what if people start converting to Christianity because of the charitable actions of Christians inspires them; similarly to the way some Muslims may inspire some people to revert based on their kind actions instead if researching on the beliefs of Islam.

I think it's best to promote the islamic charities if you get a chance instead of those from different faiths.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

This was discussed here before and except for a couple of personal opinions and attacks, we got nothing concrete.

Ask a knowledgable person. A scholar or a student of knowledge. Click on the link linked in post 72. Post your question in the appropriate section there. There are many students of knowledge who will help you out Inshaa'Allaah.

arzafar

actually i decided to decline the offer so i have no urgent need of an answer. but we should keep this thread open for an answer which will benefit others.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
The real issue is whether or not the donations are going to have any part in Christian dawah. Will money be used to possibly convert people from their faiths to Christianity? If not, maybe its ok, but that is even sketchy because right now in several parts of Africa, south Asia and in some parts of Iraq people are leaving Islam because these Christian groups are providing food, water and medicine to these people. And people are weak and naturally they'll end up sympathizing with the Christians because of the things that they received. Whose fault is this? Us, Muslims for failing to do more for our fellow Muslims, that these people have used poverty in Muslim lands as an attack area for their agenda. Even in India, Hindus are converting to Christianity because the Christians give them daily necessities.