prophet Muhammad (saw)

Perseveranze

Peace SarahT,

One can write forever on this subject. I'll give you a few examples, I'm sure others will also contribute.

If he ever wanted to warn others, he would do so in a very mild and affectionate tone. The Jews addressed him maliciously with the words, A1-sa’mu-’alaikum (i.e., death on you) instead of As-salamu ‘Alaikum (i.e., peace on you). Hearing this, his wife, ‘A’ishah, could not restrain herself and burst out spontaneously: “May Allah bring death on you.” The Prophet reprimanded her, saying that Allah did not like harsh words (Muslim,5656).

There are many Ahadith of the Prophet which bear witness to his most courteous and polite conduct in social relationships: “Anas said that a woman whose mind was affected once came to the Prophet and said: “Allah’s Messenger! I want something from you.” He replied: “Mother of so-and-so, take me where you live so that I may accomplish what you want.” He then went along with her to her home and helped her with some jobs. (Muslim)

Ali said that Allah’s Messenger owed some dinars to a Jewish doctor, and he demanded payment from the Prophet. When he told him that he had nothing to pay him with, the Jew replied: “I will not leave you, Muhammad, until you pay me.” Allah’s Messenger said: “I shall sit with you, then,” and did so. Allah’s Messenger offered the noon, afternoon, sunset and night prayers and the next day’s morning prayers. The companions were threatening and menacing the Jew. Allah’s Messenger being aware of what they were doing. Then they said: “Messenger of Allah! Is the Jew keeping you in restraint?” to which he replied: “My Lord has prevented me from wronging one with whom a covenant has been made or anyone else.” Then, when the day was advanced, the Jew said: “I testify that there is no God but Allah, and I testify that you are Allah’s Messenger. Then he said that half of his property would be devoted to Allah’s Way, and added: “I swear by Allah that my only purpose in treating you as I have done was that I might know the description of you given in the Torah. ‘Muhammad ibn Abdullah, whose birthplace is in Mekkah, whose place of emigration is in Taiba, and whose kingdom is in Syria; he is not harsh or rough or loud-voiced in the streets, and he is not characterized by coarseness of lewd speech’

'Aa'ishah said that a Bedouin man came to the Prophet, salallahu 'alaihi wa salam, and said, "You (people) kiss the children and we do not kiss them." So the Prophet said, "Is there anything that I can do once Allah has removed mercy from your heart?" [Saheeh Al-Bukhari 426/10]

Hadrat Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) was asked to curse the infidels. He said, "I have not been sent to curse people but as a mercy to all mankind." (Muslim)

Hadrat Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: While we were in the mosque with Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) a desert Arab came and began to pass water in the mosque. The companions of Allah's Messenger said, "Stop! Stop!" but Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Don't interrupt him; leave him alone." They left him alone, and when he had finished, Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) called him and said to him, "These mosques are not suitable places for urine and filth, but are only for remembrance of Allah, prayer and recitation of the Qur'an," or however Allah's Messenger expressed it.* Hadrat Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said that he then gave orders to one of the people who brought a bucket and poured water over it. (Bukhari and Muslim)

It was also reported that a funeral procession passed by the Prophet (pbuh) and again he stood up in respect. It was said: "But it is the funeral of a Jew, Godsend Messenger! So what, the Prophet said? Isn't it a human soul (that died)?"( ) Al-Albani, Ghayat Al-Maram, electronic copy, Hadeeth no. 475. Reported by Al-Bukhari, Muslim and Al-Nisai'

The British theological scholar Karen Armstrong says: "One of the constituent elements of the Islamic Mission was to enshrine mercy and pity and promote their feeling in the Islamic society from the start. Here again, Muhammad was an example to follow. It is reported that one day he saw a bond boy doing some hard work. He sneaked up behind him and put his hands on the boy's eyes like children playfully do. The bond boy said it must be the Prophet, for no one else would think of easing his hardship with such an amicable gesture." K. Armstrong, Muhammad, cit., pp. 342-343.

It is reported that "he was praying and when he prostrated himself Al-Hassan and Al-Husain jumped on his back. The people wanted to prevent them, but the Prophet signaled to leave them. When he finished praying he put them on his lap and said: whoever loved me let him love those two."( ) Al-Albani, Al-Silsilah Al-Sahihah, Hadeeth no. 312.

Abu Hurairah (ra) reported Allah's Messenger (saw) as saying, "He who strives to serve a widow and a poor person is like the one who strives in Allah's way." He also reported that when a man complained to the Messenger of Allah of being hardhearted he said, "Show affection to the orphans and feed the poor."

A man came to see him once and shook with trepidation and fear. The Prophet (pbuh), mild and modest as ever, said: "Take it easy, man, I am no king. I am the son of an ordinary 'Qurashi woman who used to eat jerked meat." - Al-Albani, Al-Silsilah Al-Sahihah, Hadeeth no. 1876.

Whenever the Prophet's (pbuh) followers reaped their first harvest, they brought early, fresh fruits to him. Then he would distribute them among those who sat around him. One morning, a poor man brought one fruit from his small farm and gave it to the Prophet..
The Prophet (pbuh) accepted the gift, tasted it and then went on eating it alone while the companions watched. One of those present meekly said, "O Prophet of Allah, have you overlooked the right of those who watch while you eat?" The Prophet (pbuh) smiled and waited till the man who had brought the fruit had gone. Then he said, "I tasted the fruit and it was not yet ripe. Had I allowed you to have some of it, someone would have definitely shown his distaste, thus disappointing the poor man who brought this gift. Rather than make him feel bitter, I accepted the bitterness."

Abu Hurairah reported that
A black woman used to clean the mosque and she died. The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be on him, asked about her and they said, she is dead. He said, "Why did you not inform me about her; lead me to her grave." So he came to her grave and offered prayers on it.4 (B. 8 : 72.)

Abu Hurairah, with other Muslims, suffered from hunger when the Muslims were poor in Medina.

When I was afflicted with severe hunger, I would go to a companion of the Prophet and asked him about an ayah of the Qur'an and (stay with him) learning it so that he would take me with him to his house and give food. One day, my hunger became so severe that I placed a stone on my stomach. I then sat down in the path of the companions. Abu Bakr passed by and I asked him about an ayah of the Book of God. I only asked him so that he would invite me but he didn't. Then Umar ibn al-Khattab passed by me and I asked him about an ayah but he also did not invite me. Then the Messenger of Allah passed by and realized that I was hungry and said: "Abu Hurairah!" "At your command" I replied and followed him until we entered his house. He found a bowl of milk and asked his family: "From where did you get this?" "Someone sent it to you" they replied. He then said to me: "O Abu Hurairah, go to the Ahl as-Suffah and invite them." Abu Hurairah did as he was told and they all drank from the milk. Abu Hurairah then spent one year and ten months with Muhammad in Medina, before the Prophet's death on 8 June 632 in Medina.

Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu anhu) narrated: A man came to the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and said, “I am doomed, O Messenger of Allah!” He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Why are you doomed?” He said, “I had intercourse with my wife (during the day) in Ramadan.” He said, “Can you free a slave?” He said, “No.” He said, “Can you fast for two consecutive months?” He said, “No.” He said, “Can you feed sixty poor persons?” He said, “No”. The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) fell silent. Whilst we were (sitting) like that, the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was brought a container of dates. He said, ‘Where is the one who was asking?’ The man said, ‘I (am here).’ He said, ‘Take these and give them in charity.’ The man said, ‘Who is poorer than I, O Messenger of Allah? There is no household between the two lava fields (i.e., in Madeenah) that is poorer than my household.’ The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) smiled until his back teeth could be seen, then he said: ‘Feed it to your family.’”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

When the Najran delegation reached Madina, they debated with the Prophet in an investigatory dialogue for two or three days in the mosque (Masjid) of Madina. Prophet Muhammad allow-ed them to pray in the mosque (Masjid al-Nabawi) where the Muslims prayed. The whole incident was the first occurrence of peaceful dialogue between Christians and Muslims; it was the first time that Christians prayed in a mosque.16

There are loads more :)

Mairo

Maryama
Masha Allah, wonderful collection of stories, thanks for sharing. He was such an incredible man.

rahman2040

:salam2:

Ka‘b bin Zuhair bin Abi Sulma was one of the enemy of islam before coming to islam, After invasion of Mecca the Messenger of Allâh ([pbuh]) given common forgiveness for Meccan people, except some of them, and one of the was ka'b bin zuhair. after knowing this with covered up came to gathiering and sat beside messanger[pbuh] of Allah and asked if i bring Ka‘b bin Zuhair as repentant will you forgive him.. the prophit[pbuh] said Ka‘b bin Zuhair you have already come here and you are forgiven. since then he enterd islam and recited his well-known poem "Su‘ad appeared...
in which he praised the Prophet [pbuh]. prophit[pbuh] took his showl and throwed on ka'b bin zuhair as gift when he receited this sentence "you are shining sword of Allah through which this world(people) get shined"

I had herd in a lecture video on internet in urdu(pakistan ulama)

link to this article here;
http://www.rasoulallah.net/v2/document.aspx?lang=en&doc=2593

Allah knows best..

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalmaolaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

In a manner that when you read about it, you'd wish you lived when he did. I wish I could see his smile:

ONe of my favourite. Sister Faaraa shared it with us:

[yt]lAYyXg_UAyg[/yt]

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

Sister you asked really nice question and Brother perserveranza have answered Mashallah beautiful.thank bro i am going to show this to my class in school.

Jazakallah Khair

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
I love the one where the Prophet (SAW) says "I have not been sent to curse people but as a mercy to all mankind".
So mant times I have heard people cursing those who have commited crimes and sins. But I believe in making Dua that Allah show them their mistakes and lead them to ask for their forgiveness. A lot of Muslims i know dont think this way at all...
How can we ask Allah to punish others for eternity? I dont understand that. We should ask Allah to forgive!