:A Quiz question for Muslims From Sub-Continent:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

What is Safarjal (Bahi)?. Prophet (SAW) said '' Safarjal (Bahi) Khaya karo yah dil ke liye behtar he''. The Hadith is mentioned in Ibn Mazah.

I have often come across this Hadith on a calender at the shop of my friend.

Regards.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

safarjal is a fruit called quince in english.

also its not Ibn Mazah....its Ibn Majah (one of the recorders of hadith) may Allah's mercy be upon him.

sachin4islam

safarjal is a fruit called quince in english.

also its not Ibn Mazah....its Ibn Majah (one of the recorders of hadith) may Allah's mercy be upon him.

Assalamu Alaikum:

It would be better if you could give Hindi/Urdu name of this fruit. Also as there are many varieties of every fruit,exact generic+species name would be more informative.

Regards.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

In Urdu its called BAHEE, very difficult to find in India.
But Quince seeds are popular among Hakeems, they call them BaheeDana. In the books of Tibbe Nabwi alot have been mentioned about Quince benefits.

khangul

your sister
images
:salam2:

these are also in our guava farms and we make murabba out of it.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
images

these are also in our guava farms and we make murabba out of it.

Err what's that exactly? The Murabba word caught my attention because they are delicious but I don't get the fruit in the picture. What's it called? Perhaps the name will click something.

That Indian duo is up for confusing us or what. I thought it was brother Ahmed_indian talking to himself in the first three posts. It's funny how both of you chose to stick to the same avvie. Looks good.

rahman2040

Brother sachin hum india may BARRY kehte hai. its color is green or yellow from outside, did u get it now. and Thank you for this hadith, i love this fruit.
pic here

quince2.jpg

quince-fruit-tree.jpg

champion_quince.jpg

E37F475BA531470391666BFBE86B21D5.ashx

quince_m1059030.jpg

khangul

your sister
Err what's that exactly? The Murabba word caught my attention because they are delicious but I don't get the fruit in the picture. What's it called? Perhaps the name will click something.

That Indian duo is up for confusing us or what. I thought it was brother Ahmed_indian talking to himself in the first three posts. It's funny how both of you chose to stick to the same avvie. Looks good.

da fruit pear pa shaantay rogh dai kho chay waikhray no khlu (mouth ) derbaanday tolaa shaantay kee laka amlok.

sachin4islam

Brother sachin hum india may BARRY kehte hai. its color is green or yellow from outside, did u get it now. and Thank you for this hadith, i love this fruit.
pic here

quince2.jpg

quince-fruit-tree.jpg

champion_quince.jpg

E37F475BA531470391666BFBE86B21D5.ashx

quince_m1059030.jpg

Assalamu Alaikum: Bhai Rahman.

Thanks for the illustrative pics. Where did you get this fruit from?. I would like to buy them regularly.

Regards.