question about hijab

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
When it comes to Allahs commands, we in reality don't have any choice. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't a sister need to be with hijab in order to perform salah? When I see a non hijabi woman that declares herself to be Muslim, I usually get under the impression that she most likely doesn't pray. I know that when a Muslim takes himself out of prayer for a considerable time, he has taken himself out of the fold of Islam. I doubt that a non hijab wearing Muslim. Is going to put on her hijab and take it off multiple times a day to perform salah. She will most likely be too lazy to do it.

Sakeena

When it comes to Allahs commands, we in reality don't have any choice. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't a sister need to be with hijab in order to perform salah? When I see a non hijabi woman that declares herself to be Muslim, I usually get under the impression that she most likely doesn't pray. I know that when a Muslim takes himself out of prayer for a considerable time, he has taken himself out of the fold of Islam. I doubt that a non hijab wearing Muslim. Is going to put on her hijab and take it off multiple times a day to perform salah. She will most likely be too lazy to do it.

I don't wear hijab when I do out but I do wear it to the masjid and when I pray. YES I PRAY FIVE TIMES A DAY-believe it or not. You're ignorant! :girl3:

Now I just feel uncomfortable here. You disguist me.

Sakeena

I don't have time for such judgmental ppl calling us non Hijabis lazy and saying we don't pray or have doubts about our imaan.

That's just rude!

I'm deleting my TTI account. :wasalam: :girl3:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

My darling friend.. SAKEENA. :)

Do you know what your name does really mean? :) It means, Tranquility, peace, salam....
Calm down sister....

I know your situation..
You are NOT some one who neglects Hijab...
You are some one who loves Hijab.. yes when a girl says she loves Hijab, SHE REALLY MEANS WHAT SHE SAYS :)
But you are not comfortable with it and some times you think that you no longer need to wear it due to some reasons...

Sister.. we are not trying to put you into trouble, the advises which are sounding "Negative" do never mean that you are being neglected...never sister..

Think my sweet friend.. can we say
"I love to pray 05 times.. but due to few reasons including how people think of me, I dont wanna do it any more.." ????????????

Plz do mark me that I am NOT trying to hurt you..
If we apply our own analogy on some thing, we should apply it on other stuffs too to understand whether our analogy is applicable every where ... thats some thing honest always..

So... there is no wrong in having your own choice.. but let it be inside the circle of Islam sister.

This life.... its some thing strange my dear... we are not supposed to have every thing and any thing we like... WE CAN NOT BE COMFORTABLE ALWAYS 'COZ THIS WORLD IS A PRISON FOR A MUSLIM....

Abu Huraira (Ral) reported Allah's Messenger (PBUH) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.
[Sahih Muslim Book 42, Chapter 1, Number 7058
]

So our own feeling of comfort is not what matters, but the sacrifice we make for the sake of Allah Azzawajal is what really matters :)

TTI loves you sister

esperanza

revert of many years
I don't wear hijab when I do out but I do wear it to the masjid and when I pray. YES I PRAY FIVE TIMES A DAY-believe it or not. You're ignorant! :girl3:

dear sister please dont feel offended different people express in different ways,andv really\most people only have the best intentions,,,

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
I don't have time for such judgmental ppl calling us non Hijabis lazy and saying we don't pray or have doubts about our imaan.

That's just rude!

Oh sweet friend calm down....

People give their OWN opinions in forums..
All Opinions can never be "SCHOLARLY VIEWS " no matter who the boss writes it !!!

So do SABR and I personally advise you to seek the guidance of a scholar directly..
You can try some thing like "Islam Q & A"

DanyalSAC

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with sister Sakeena on this one. That wasn't a very kind judgement to make. Although I'm not quite sure what the sister was hoping to hear on this thread; her original post did not include any request for advice, it read to me more like a personal statement declaring her choice. Which, unfortunately as she's discovered, opens the doors for lecturing. I'm pretty sure that sister Sakeena already knew all of the Qur'an and hadith that were tossed up at her. What she needs is someone to talk to her and listen, not someone who hold the Qur'an in front of her face and say "see you're lazy and a sinner!".

That's just my feelings, and may ALLAH forgive me if I said something wrong.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Dear sister Sakeena; if not using hijab is your decision then we have to respect your decision as well as we need to respect you. Calm down there. May Allah loves you with or without hijab.

Now huge hug to my favourite sister
salem-smiley.gif

p.s. don´t forget place i told you before - we still have cookies there - problems that we couldn´t respect different opinions we haven´t

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
First of all, I didn't call her lazy nor did I say that she was a sinner. What I was trying to say that if a Muslim woman isn't wearing hijab at home or outside, there's a strong likelihood that that woman isn't praying. How serious would you take me as a Muslim man if I were clean shaven, wore gold chains, pants dragging below the ankles etc. You might not question my shahadah, but you might come up with assumption that I'm not very serious with my deen. Most of the non hijab wearing Muslim women usually aren't that involved in Islam other than Friday or during the two eids. This isn't how I felt about sister Sakeena, I was just expressing how I felt sometimes when I see a Muslim woman not wearing the hijab. I'm not wrong in saying that not wearing it is a slight weakness of iman. The hijab is a commandment from Allah, that's what we're talking about.

I'm sorry if she felt that I offended her but I did not mean too. When people ask for advice we have to be prepared to hear things that aren't convenient to us. I didn't like her calling me disgusting for having a different opinion.

esperanza

revert of many years
salam ..sorry but you cannot generalise that non hijab women probably dont pray..iknow of many women espeially in arab culture,,,who do not cover,but this deos not mean they dont pray....

and there\ are even more thousands of clean shaven muslim men ,and yes believe it or not many youngster or teenager,,,who wear hanging down pants, who do pray

im not saying this is ok ,but you cannot judge someones deen by thier clothes

alf2

Islam is a way of life
First of all, I didn't call her lazy nor did I say that she was a sinner. What I was trying to say that if a Muslim woman isn't wearing hijab at home or outside, there's a strong likelihood that that woman isn't praying. How serious would you take me as a Muslim man if I were clean shaven, wore gold chains, pants dragging below the ankles etc. You might not question my shahadah, but you might come up with assumption that I'm not very serious with my deen. Most of the non hijab wearing Muslim women usually aren't that involved in Islam other than Friday or during the two eids. This isn't how I felt about sister Sakeena, I was just expressing how I felt sometimes when I see a Muslim woman not wearing the hijab. I'm not wrong in saying that not wearing it is a slight weakness of iman. The hijab is a commandment from Allah, that's what we're talking about.

I'm sorry if she felt that I offended her but I did not mean too. When people ask for advice we have to be prepared to hear things that aren't convenient to us. I didn't like her calling me disgusting for having a different opinion.

Disgusting was a bit over the top.
Considering you have always had respectful posts.
Alhamdulilah.

Idris16

Bismillâh

I have said this before and I will say it again. A Muslim girl that doesnt wear hijab but still prays is many times better than a girl that doesnt pray and still wears the hijab!

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

It is not only about hijab or non-hijab, not all is black or white.
For reverts is hard hard work, especialy if you are a woman and especialy if you have only little suport.
With efforts we will recover and keep up with the rest, inchallah...i may add that hijab is not a just a scarf you put on your head and you are a muslim, you take it off and you are not a muslim anymore, is about ALL the cloths, is about attitude also, also about modesty, about no make-up, about not pluking the eyebrows, about lowering your gaze, is much more..who does this and who does not ..?...Allah can judge us

Hang in there sister, after hardship will be ease, inchallah
Allah knows best

esperanza

revert of many years
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

It is not only about hijab or non-hijab, not all is black or white.
For reverts is hard hard work, especialy if you are a woman and especialy if you have only little suport.
With efforts we will recover and keep up with the rest, inchallah...

Hang in there sister, after hardship will be ease, inchallah

thtas the point exacctly ,some people dont realise how hard it can be for new reverts......

and people should never judge their non hijabis sisters

i got in trouble in my first days here with some niqab wearing sisters, they thought iwas attacking them ,that was not my point ,iwas disccussing the dangers of wetring niqab in the west

so we should all be careful not to judge..only Allah knows what is in our hearts..

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Let me clarify again. Who is to say that shedding the wearing of hijab, can't lead to the shedding of other Islamic things? My point is that when we give up something Islamic because that thing isn't convenient for us, it can lead us to give up other Islamic things as well that we find inconvenient. Isnt that why we Muslims should prefer the company of the Muslims over the non Muslims? Because the more we keep away from the Muslims and spend more time with the non Muslims we will become more like the non Muslims?

Basically, I fear is that sister Sakeena's removal of hijab, may be the first step towards her leaving Islam. Especially because she had been feeling that several Muslim sisters weren't being respectful to her.

All praises are due to Allah and all mistakes are mine.

All praises are due to Allah and all mistakes are mine.

I remember when I first joined TTI , some of my earliest post were about the lack of friendliness that I experienced at my masjid, that lack of friendliness caused me to stop attending the masjid. However, I thought long and hard about it and realized that I wasn't going because of the people at the masjid but I was going because I wanted to go there and serve my creator. And seeing how sister Sakeena reacted to some of the posts and was expressing the desire to leave TTI, who's to say that she may not now harbor thoughts to leave Islam altogether. I hope that some of our posts including mine don't make her rethink Islam.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I am disappinted..I'll wear hijab later in life when I'm ready, thanks for the vids. I won't turn to TTI for personal advice ever again. :SMILY23: :tti_sister:

That's just rude!

I'll just leave TTI. Thanks for the advice though. ..

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister I'm going to be the rudest of them all and ask you to quit the drama. It's more than enough, everyone here has been nice and honest to you. You are the one being judgmental. You are saying you Chose to disobey theOne we bow to, five times a day, and expect us to say "Oh WOW that's remarkable decision!". Well, Think again.

People here don't love or stand up for each other because of their personal preferances, but because of Islam. We love you because you are our Sister in Islam, if you chose not to follow Islam one way or the other, you won't get extra Hugs and hearts. No body knows you here personally, so no one loves you here for what you choose. If you choice is in contradiction to Islam, you will have to brace yourself for disagreement.

And Btw disagreeing with you doesn't really makes a person rude, it's just makes him different. Respect their differences as they have been nice and polite to you. No one called you names for not wearing Hijaab, they just said it's not appreciated for Muslim women by Allaah, Our prophet:saw: and those who follow them.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

I'm not one to mince words here. People are being nice and kind to you, and you're creating offenses out of thin air, I think that's quite silly and you need to snap out of it sis.

Basically, as it comes to, this choice of yours isn't about whether you want to have butter or cream cheese with your morning bagel; if that was the case, then nobody would have anything but encouragment to do what is best, but what you are talking about is choosing to disobey Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

The one who has created you, given you every single blessing you have, and knows what is best for you. You can make this choice as long as you will, but don't expect people to accept it with open arms and condone it. And it's not only that you are choosing not to wear it because it is hard (that would be one thing) but are saying, "it's not for you" - Allaah knows you better than you know yourself, and if He has stipulated it, then it is for you and everyone else. Rejecting this, is not wrong, but may be considered rejecting the commands of Allaah, which can take you out of the fold of Islaam.

You've been a Muslimah for a long time ukht, you've faced harder trials, you've grown up plenty - if on this path you don't see the wisdom and correctness in Hijaab, rather the commands of Allaah, then you are unfortunately seeped in ignorance and you need to pull yourself out and do something about that. It's not even about always liking hijaab, why sometimes I find niqaab very difficult, i'm of like 3-4 people in this whole city who wear it, and I'm not bragging but what i'm saying is that it is hard, and sometimes I don't like it, but end of the day I only think that if Allaah has commanded it, and I've chosen to undertake it for His sake, and I will be rewarded for these struggles, then it's just that shot of encouragment I need to continue.

You can wear and do whatever you want once you get to Jannah, but while on earth you are confined by Islaam and the laws Allaah has put forth. Sure it's your choice to get upset if people don't appreciate this choice of yours, but just remember:

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision” [al-Ahzaab 33:36]

And as some of the salaf said, “Do not look at the smallness of the sin, rather look at the One Whom you are disobeying.”

I say take some time out, read some good Islaamic books, maybe on the lives of the Sahaabiyaat (female companions), or discuss with us here why you wouldn't want to wear it, and ground yourself on Imaan, because this is some dangerous ground you're walking on right now, and I cant see you do that and pretend that it's alright.

May Allaah guide you and all of us towards truth and goodness.

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Excellently put, I didn't knew she already got a dose of this medicine. I guess I should read "all" the posts A-Z before replying. . .

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Bismillâh

I have said this before and I will say it again. A Muslim girl that doesnt wear hijab but still prays is many times better than a girl that doesnt pray and still wears the hijab!

This is very true, Br. Idris.