forgive me if seemed harsh in a thread

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

the more and more that I read qur'an and sunnah, the more i realize that the road to jannah isn't easy. there have been a few posts that were made recently here on TTI, regarding hijab, and needless to say it was a very very hot topic to say the least.

I wont place blame on anyone, but some people took my response the wrong way. Those who read the posts and responded to the posts know who they are. The point that I had been trying to make was that when ALLAH SWT commands us to something, like praying five times a day or fasting during ramadan, we, the slaves of ALLAH SWT have no opinion in the matter. No matter how much one can find prayer as burdensome or boring or fasting to be unnecessary; one can never change the fact that ALLAH demands these things from us. I know that tons of people debate about the beard, hijab, music, smoking etc and have their opinions on those issues, but we can't deny the clear cut demands of ALLAH SWT.

Yes, we can choose to not wear the beard or hijab or choose to listen to music etc. but we have to realize that by choosing so, we are choosing against ALLAH SWT and his Messanger Muhammad:saw: .

I wasnt always a muslim. guess what? i used to love eating pork... it tastes great and not eating pork due to ALLAH SWTS command is difficult. but i obey.

i used to love blasting hip hop music on my boombox, but now because of my desire to be stronger in my deen. i don't do it anymore.

i loved flirting and being intimate with women outside of marriage, but ALLAHS command touched my heart.

my point is that these things are difficult to do when you are so used to going against ALLAHS command. but you then begin to see and appreciate the sacrifice when you stop partaking in these things.

We may love a thing that is bad for us and we may hate a thing that ALLAH has deemed good for us, and ALLAH ultimately knows what's best.

The concern that i had regarding the sister was that i was afraid that her abandoning one islamic thing can lead to the abandonment of another islamic thing or ultimately islam itself. i know that this sister knows much about islam, i know that this sister knows that islam is the truth. i was just afraid that she might walk away from it. I would feel awful if she did. i love the sister and all of you here at TTI for the sake of ALLAH SWT.

forgive me if i upset any of you.

:wasalam:

Noor El-Huda

The things you said were out of good intention. A person leaving Islam or not is not down to one preson giving a personal opinion. Opinions are opinions. What you or others wrote could have been taken differently and less personally, with someone else, as people are different.

What's important is “All actions are judged by motives, and each person will be rewarded according to their intentions...") sahih muslim

I hope the sister understands that you only meant well.

May Allah keep you steadfast in this religion.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
The things you said were out of good intention. A person leaving Islam or not is not down to one preson giving a personal opinion. Opinions are opinions. But then again people are different, depending on their circumstances, how new they are to Islam, the support around them or lack of it, and we learn as we go along.

“All actions are judged by motives, and each person will be rewarded according to their intentions...") sahih muslim

I hope the sister understands that you only meant well.

May Allah keep you steadfast in this religion.

:salam2:

thank you. i hope so too.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

It can happen sometimes that someones words or intentions be misunderstood, but Alhamdulilah as Muslims we should not forget to think well with wisdom and patience before judging someones words. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive us all and guide us to the right path and may Allah reward you dear brother for your honest intention. Ameen ya Rabby:tti_sister:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

You spoke like a true Muslim and a brother in Islam. What really happened that you acted strange, you tried to show that you care for her Akhira more than this shortlived life, her deen more than duniya and Her Lord's pleasure over her friends' and family's. Yeah, these concerns are not very popular these days. But remember brother, the prophet :saw: gave glad tidings to the strangers.

May Allaah reward you for you good intentions. Ameen

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Subhan allah. Submission is not easy when you have not always been a submitter. But as you expressed, we have to weigh what means more: this life or the next?

INsha allah we will all stay on al mustaqeem.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You have never been harsh to me...

Often, in the passion of faith we want everyone to see how good Allah subhana talla makes it for us..we just have to tone down the passion, at times.

One of my favorite words in life in chillax. You are an asset to this forum and you
always are the voice of being rational.