Movie: 300

jack2k6

hello/salam everyone,

I think the thread starter is mistaken in saying that this movie pictured anything anti-Islamic. I watched the movie yesterday and i dont think it had nothing to do with Islam. The movie depicts the story of Battle of Thermopylae which took place 480's BC, way before the advent of Islam. The movie contained way too much errors in terms of history, it was totally messed-up story which ofcourse is a usual work by Hollywood. So, i believe if you want to tell your friends, I think it would be better if you rather tell them about the historical errors in the movie.

Firstly, the Persian were NOT pagans. They were follower of Zoroastrian, which was a Monotheistic religion. While the Greeks were follower of Paganism. The Persian Empire, helped the Jews in many ways, for example, the previous ruler, Cyrus the Great rebuilded Jerusalem for the Jews. This ruler, Cyrus has been mentioned several times in the Hebrew Bible as a great Ruler, and also according to many Scholars he is mentioned in the Qur'an as Dhul-Qarnayn, in 18:83-98 (Al Kahf). Cyrus was a great ruler and a servant of God.

Ironically, the Persians were the ones who gave great rights to the women at that era, while the movie depicted it totally reversely.

Lastly, the battle was not just 300 VS Entire Persian Army. There was a small group of army including the Greeks, Philans, Thesbans and many other groups, among which there were 300 Spartans, who were the finest among those army. It was atleast 5000 VS Persian Army (2,00,000 or so). The Persians were NOT 1 million as the movie depicted !

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I saw this movie a few days ago as well. The movie was based off of a graphic novel. I had bigger problems with the film than the bias against Persians. Every "good guy" was nearly naked and all of them had the bodies of a greek adonis. The women were shown in a similar state of undress and performing sex acts with deformed, diseased men. I actually left the movie, so I couldn't speak on how it ended.

This is not a good movie for any muslim halfway interested in the deen. Please do not go see it.

kayleigh

I saw this movie a few days ago as well. The movie was based off of a graphic novel. I had bigger problems with the film than the bias against Persians. Every "good guy" was nearly naked and all of them had the bodies of a greek adonis. The women were shown in a similar state of undress and performing sex acts with deformed, diseased men. I actually left the movie, so I couldn't speak on how it ended.

This is not a good movie for any muslim halfway interested in the deen. Please do not go see it.

I agree. The historical inaccuracy and misrepresentations are unfortunate because people leaving the theater thinking it's somewhat factual and it really isn't. However, that really isn't the only reason why it should be avoided. The nudity is over the top (well, any nudity would be wrong). No Muslim should be watching that.