Separation of the genders in Islam

serena77

salaams brother danyal
I went and looked through the deen show videos... these are great videos and personally i love the deen show.
its thedeenshow.com if you haven't ever see it. Some of the videos in section that caught my eye and may (or may not but worth a try ) be of assistance are

questions for the women in islam
men/woman islamic relationships
do women have rights

there's some sections on marriage also that may provide further information. its all in their list of videos... select all and so many options come available.

I hope this helps brother
and Allah knows best.
Serena

DanyalSAC

her name was aaminah wadood, and she contradicted a whole ummah. A opinion that stems from ignorance and lack of scholarly research, i say this not to cuss her but as a fact, as i read articles beautifully refuting her.

plus, her act doe snot constitue as proof, as otherwise we may as well say that smoking is allowed as some imaams do it...

No, her name is Pamela Taylor.

http://insideislam.wisc.edu/index.php/archives/5736

But my paper isn't about her.

Thank you for the links - several of them have actual cite-able information, which is what I need. Thank you!

strive-may-i

Asalaamu alaikum -

I am writing a paper about Virtual Reality and Islam and was trying to find something to back the separation of our genders but I can't find anything.

I can find no hadith and no Qur'an quote saying that our men and our women should be kept apart. I find that the believing men and women should lower their gaze but NOTHING saying that they can't eat together or sit together.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

since you are writing on Virtual reality and Islam, you become one of the rarest few to do it. You would be seen as the authority in this matter, and hence, So its only natural that the onus in on you. You would have to read enough, research a lot, debate with the folks of knowledge, imaan and arrive at a correct conclusion.

you will have to first understand the deep dynamics for the reason behind avoiding free mixing in real world. The second question is the nature of human interaction in virtual world, is it different from the nature of human interaction in physical world?

This is always true, at some point the virtual personas disappear and real person meet. To begin with, the virtual world places a person in a virtual world, away from reality, but as it proceeds, the weight of reality always pulls the virtual barriers down... just my thoughts. May Almighty guide you.. Ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Your words are heavy. And yes, what our brother is about to embark upon needs to be done. We need definition.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yes and other things, for example the program "Second Life" which has a large Muslim population. My paper is going to discuss if virtual reality makes mingling easier for the genders, if it allows them to "bend the rules" a bit.

OHHHHH man. Not good (as in Muslims mingling on second life)
The internet makes people release their inhibitions. In other words, they are more likely to say or do haraam things than in person.

hassana elkoussi

Asalamu alayum brother,

You can refer to SUrat al Qassas verse 23 where Moses (pbuh), while escaping from Egypt, reached the well of Madyan, took pity on the daughters of Shu'aib (pbuh), who were standing in a corner with their sheep. Moses offered to help the girls and drew water for them. The girls explained the reason for being there: They said they couldn't provide water for their sheep until the other men would leave and their excuse for going out and doing this task was " And our father is an old man." According to the scholars views, women should keep away from the company of men unless there is a necessity ( Providing water for their sheep, since their father was already old and cannot do the job).

I hope this helps in sha Allah.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Asalaamu alaikum -

I am writing a paper about Virtual Reality and Islam and was trying to find something to back the separation of our genders but I can't find anything.

I can find no hadith and no Qur'an quote saying that our men and our women should be kept apart. I find that the believing men and women should lower their gaze but NOTHING saying that they can't eat together or sit together.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:salam2:

how are yu and (thousand apologies) to be late is better then never.

if i may ask that which I marked IN Red ...You cant find anything WHAT u mean.

2nd

but NOTHING saying that they can't eat together or sit together.

::::::::::You mean eating together with Any Men ?::::

this is MY problem; unless (if u dont mind) expalin in simple way and english MAY be i at least ...i can say something.

thank you