How BIG are you?

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Now, this is really fascinating. This image shows the size of Earth compared to some other planets in our solar system.

space1.jpg

The image below shows Earth compared to some of the larger planets in our solar system. Look how small we are compared to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune! About 1,400 Earths can fit inside the Jupiter.

space2.jpg

The image below shows the sizes of the huge planets compared to the Sun. There is no comparison! The huge Jupiter looks tiny compared to the Sun. About 980 Jupiters can fit inside the Sun.

space3.jpg

Now going beyond our solar system, it's a big universe. Look how tiny the sun is compared to some other stars.

space4.jpg

Finally, the huge stars above is tiny compared to the stars shown below! The Sun is only 1 pixel in size in the image below. Subhan Allah.​

space5.jpg

ANTARES IS THE 15TH BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKY. IT IS MORE THAN 1000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY.

HUMBLING, ISN'T IT?

NOW HOW BIG ARE YOU?

AND HOW BIG ARE THE THINGS THAT UPSET YOU TODAY?

AND HOW MIGHTY IS ALLAH?

"Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is a greater (matter) than the creation of men: Yet most of mankind know not". [ Surah Ghafir 40-57]

Source

Sakeena

?

:salam2: What is archutrus and when was that and the other one that starts with the letter "B" discovered???

serena77

salaams
with everything going on for me right now... this is a very good reminder ... thank you brother for making me take a step back and think about it....
serena

ayesha.ansari

new planet

I was watching news and their i heard about discovery of new planet same like earth and same condition to survive over their. hope so that would be like earth :):ma::tti_sister:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Subhaanallaah ! Praise be to the One in whose Hands belong all that's within the heavens and the earth!!

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Thank you for this, it is good to know..and how amazing is all, Subhanallah.
To be honest i didnt knew about this other stars bigger then the sun.
Are they also very hot ?

:salam2:

Perseveranze

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Thank you for this, it is good to know..and how amazing is all, Subhanallah.
To be honest i didnt knew about this other stars bigger then the sun.
Are they also very hot ?

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Yes, these stars in the sky that you see are actually "other suns", and the hottest discovered sun is said to be 7-8 times hotter than our own.

Hajjerr

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Yes, these stars in the sky that you see are actually "other suns", and the hottest discovered sun is said to be 7-8 times hotter than our own.

Salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Thank you for your answer.
I whould really like to know what islam says about the life on other planets.

I read something some months ago, like the fact that planet Venus hade life on it long time ago, but was burned....On Mars are stille chance to find life.
I dont remember where i read but anyway i wont post that source here, because i dont know how much trust has. Whould like instead to know for sure.
So anyone knows something regarding this ?
And Allah knows best.

rahman2040

:ma: That was amazing subhan-Allah

any body share info of Me'raj - The Night Ascension of prophet Mohammed[pbuh]:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

Yeah, some one dropped the same message as an e mail into my inbox few months ago..
and it does really make sense :)

Jazakallah Khair for sharing it with us over here

Perseveranze

Salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Thank you for your answer.
I whould really like to know what islam says about the life on other planets.

I read something some months ago, like the fact that planet Venus hade life on it long time ago, but was burned....On Mars are stille chance to find life.
I dont remember where i read but anyway i wont post that source here, because i dont know how much trust has. Whould like instead to know for sure.
So anyone knows something regarding this ?
And Allah knows best.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Just like 3-4 days ago it was news that a "twin -like- earth" was found, watch this -

[yt]_ADnxSXKWok[/yt]

Regarding whether there is life on other planets or not, the juries still out, Islam doesn't have an official position on it, if there are then that's fine, if not then that's fine too (although, I havn't heard of a scholar say that there's no life out there). However, there's many signs in the Quran that do indicate that there is life outside Earth.

You may find this interesting -

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Allah it is who hath created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. The commandment cometh down among them slowly, that ye may know that Allah is Able to do all things, and that Allah surroundeth all things in knowledge. [Quran 65:12]

Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind; but most of mankind know not. [Quran 40:57]

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills. [Quran 42:49]

We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things? [Quran 41:53]

''The case of Ibn-e-Abbas is interesting.He was one of the Companions of the Prophet (pbuh).The Prophet (pbuh) had prayed to God specially to endow Ibn-e-Abbas(73) with knowledge of the Quran,and he became one of the great scholars of the Quran.Maulana Maududi writing in his Tafhim-ul-Quran,tells us that,"Ibn-e-Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him)...believed with confidence that there are many more earth-like bodies in the heavens. ...He not only thought that such earths are inhabited by intelligent beings but also that their people are exactly like the inhabitants on the Earth.He even went so far as to say that they may have a Prophet like Muhammad (pbuh),and had a Adam,like our Adam,a Noah,like our Noah,an Ibrahim like our Ibrahim,and a Jesus like our Jesus (pbut)." (74) The knowledge of the existence of aliens and that they are mentioned in the Quran, has been present among Muslims from the earliest days of Islam!''

References:

73.Ibn-e-Abbas- a short biographical note
74.Maududi,Abul Ala.Tahfhim-ul-Quran.

Imam Ghazali

Bashir-ud-Din Mahmood writes,"The idea that there is life elsewhere in the universe also,was derived from the Prophet of Allah (pbuh) when he told Muslims,"When you sit down in the prayer for the Attahiyat and say: "Peace be upon us,and the righteous servants of Allah" you actually send peace on all the righteous people living on the Earth and in the heavens."This clearly implies that all type of people,good and bad live in the other worlds as they live on our Earth." (71) He also writes,with reference to the Rasial Imam Ghazali,"According to Imam Muhammad Ghazali (11th Century),people in some of these planetary worlds have learnt to travel and communicate with each other." (72)

References:

71.Ref:Mahmood,Bashir-ud-din.Doomsday and Life After Death.Chapter 18,
71.Sub-heading:Life in Other Worlds.
72.Ref:Mahmood,Bashir-ud-din.Doomsday and Life After Death.Chapter 18,

Interesting... Allah Knows best in the end.

More detailed info - http://www.answering-christianity.com/aliens_in_quran.htm

Hajjerr

wa aleikum al-salam,

It is interesting indeed and Allah knows best.

As we see the Universe is so big and our planet seems so small when compared with others, our knowledge is very little, so many planets and stars..all empty ? just a little one with life ? so i can imagine that life exist all over, where Allah created it.....maybe in a blessed day, when we will all be gathered, we will know many truths, at the right time.

May Allah keep us on His Mercy, ameen

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Whenever I see images of these celestial bodies my Imaan is demolished. Reasons won't be appreciable and feasible to quote here.

The images of Jupiter and its moons specially mysterious ''Europa" cause me gooseflesh. It looks so unusual.

Regards.

strive-may-i

Creations - Sense of Scale!!

Such a lovely post.

Itches me to post one of my favorite fascination during school days!

Well now its really interesting how tiny atoms end up together into one big mass of such unimaginable proportions :). Again the current knowledge tells us that the Atom is composed of a central nucleus with electrons very rapidly spinning around at a very very far distance from nucleus. Now folks atom itself is soo small that its impossible for us to comprehend. And me now telling that the electron is very very far away from nucleus makes it sound unrealistic, soo much packed in soo little, but thats the fact!.

At those nano levels its actually a vast emptiness. Its surprising that the body of ours appearing soo solid is infact at a minute scale huge gaping holes.... A powerful beam, ah forget that, Think what happens when a person gets electrical shock, the interaction of non living thing with living being.. and then the interaction of inanimate electron with an animate soul...!!

Diameter of Sun = 1.39x109 m
Diameter of Moon = 3.4748x106 m
Diameter of Earth = 1.27562x107 m
(Solar System)
***picture by the thread creator gives a better idea of size

Diameter of nucleus = 3.8x10-15 m
Diameter of Electron = 5.635882x10-15 m
Distance between them = 5.29x10-11 m
(Hydrogen Atom)

Soo the range of size of allahs creations starts from an unimaginably huge Super Stars to infinitesimally small electrons...There are things smaller than electrons, and matters really get very very difficult to comprehend for the mathematically challenged, at first read.... For those who need to see to understand ( folks like me) go take a look here ;)
---> Sense of Scale ------ http://www.falstad.com/scale/ [a favorite]
---> Order of Magnitude -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(length)

Such is the Al-Khāliq's (creators) creation
All Praises to the Magnificient (Al-'Aẓeem) .... Allaahu Akbar!