How did the Mothers of the Believers behave with men

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am in need of examples from the Sunna of how the Mothers of the Believers and the wives of the Companions of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, behaved.

The context is a discussion about the possibility of friendship between men and women. I am of the humble opinion that it is impossible. I firmly believe that a woman can be a scholar. We have examples of this, women can be anything, within the realm of halaal. However, we can not be friends with men. We can be Believing sisters, with limited contact. But, we can not cross the line of intimacy.

And I ask for your assistance.

Muhammed Kamran

Behavior of muslim women

Dear Sister, I believe that you are on the right path. there is no such think like friendship between men and women in Islam. Our beloved prophet (peace be upon him) has taught us that when woman needs to talk a stranger (La mehram) the person to whom marriage is allowed. she should be talking a way that other person should not entice toward her. there should be toughness in her words and behavior and no soft gesture or word should be there. In an hadith Prophet (peace be upon him) told that when a woman and man meet in isolation the third one is satan between them. May Allah save our sisters from filthy friendship ideology.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
wa'alaikm assalaam

i suggest why not ask islam qa dear sister...in sha Allah,we'll get scholarly
opinion there...

wa aleykum salaam

asking IS NOT BAD THING, but will be there any scholar who can give a negative to what sister; has plainly describe >?

Let us talk a little.....
....ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِلْمُتَّقِينَ ﴿2:2

(2:2) This is the Book of Allah: there is no doubt about it. It is guidance to Godfearing people

AlhmduliLLAH,

Now my question is there any Islamic government which is supervising this and ENCOURAGING.

THE answer is ourselves to know the fact.

Our sister' question i can visualize as an "Eye Opener"
and giving her that Surat ( i know she knows about it) BUT I MEANT BY LETTING OTHERS READ AND BE FAMILIAR.

to act ON IT or NOT that is another matter.

thank you: mate.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalaam walaikum,

I am in need of examples from the Sunna of how the Mothers of the Believers and the wives of the Companions of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, behaved.

The context is a discussion about the possibility of friendship between men and women. I am of the humble opinion that it is impossible. I firmly believe that a woman can be a scholar. We have examples of this, women can be anything, within the realm of halaal. However, we can not be friends with men. We can be Believing sisters, with limited contact. But, we can not cross the line of intimacy.

And I ask for your assistance.

As salam 'alaykum warahamtu-llah

as per TTI rules and regulation I can not share the link/web address of one great lecture, however you can easily find these

01. the mother of the believers , by sulaiman mulla
02. the status of women in Islam, by sulaiman mulla

there are such great examples and direction, subhan Allah and may Allah bless the sheikh, how beautifully he explained

wa-llahu a'lam
wassalam

a_stranger

:salam2:

Thank you sister :ma: a very important topic

This Ayah is addressed to the wives of the Prophet who chose Allah and His Messenger and the Home of the Hereafter, and remained married to the Messenger of Allah . Thus it was befitting that there should be rulings which applied only to them, and not to other women, in the event that any of them should commit open Fahishah. Ibn `Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "This means Nushuz (rebellion) and a bad attitude.'' Whatever the case, this is a conditional phrase and it does not imply that what is referred to would actually happen. This is like the Ayat:

﴿وَلَقَدْ أُوْحِىَ إِلَيْكَ وَإِلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكَ لَئِنْ أَشْرَكْتَ لَيَحْبَطَنَّ عَمَلُكَ﴾

(And indeed it has been revealed to you, as it was to those before you: "If you join others in worship with Allah, surely your deeds will be in vain.'') (39:65)

﴿وَلَوْ أَشْرَكُواْ لَحَبِطَ عَنْهُمْ مَّا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ﴾

(But if they had joined in worship others with Allah, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them.) (6:88)

﴿قُلْ إِن كَانَ لِلرَّحْمَـنِ وَلَدٌ فَأَنَاْ أَوَّلُ الْعَـبِدِينَ ﴾

(Say: "If the Most Gracious had a son, then I am the first of (Allah's) worshippers.'') (43:81)

﴿لَّوْ أَرَادَ اللَّهُ أَن يَتَّخِذَ وَلَداً لاَّصْطَفَى مِمَّا يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَآءُ سُبْحَـنَهُ هُوَ اللَّهُ الْوَحِدُ الْقَهَّارُ ﴾

(Had Allah willed to take a son, He could have chosen whom He willed out of those whom He created. But glory be to Him! He is Allah, the One, the Irresistible.) (39:4). Because their status is so high, it is appropriate to state that the sin, if they were to commit it, would be so much worse, so as to protect them and their Hijab. Allah says:

﴿مَن يَأْتِ مِنكُنَّ بِفَـحِشَةٍ مُّبَيِّنَةٍ يُضَاعَفْ لَهَا الْعَذَابُ ضِعْفَيْنِ﴾

(Whoever of you commits an open Fahishah, the torment for her will be doubled,) Malik narrated from Zayd bin Aslam:

﴿يُضَاعَفْ لَهَا الْعَذَابُ ضِعْفَيْنِ﴾

(the torment for her will be doubled,) "In this world and the next.'' Something similar was narrated from Ibn Abi Najih, from Mujahid.

﴿وَكَانَ ذلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيراً﴾

(and that is ever easy for Allah.) it is very easy indeed. Then Allah mentions His justice and His bounty, in the Ayah:

﴿وَمَن يَقْنُتْ مِنكُنَّ للَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ﴾

(And whosoever of you is obedient to Allah and His Messenger,) i.e., obeys Allah and His Messenger ,

﴿نُؤْتِهَـآ أَجْرَهَا مَرَّتَيْنِ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لَهَا رِزْقاً كَرِيماً﴾

(We shall give her, her reward twice over, and We have prepared for her a noble provision.) i.e., in Paradise, for they will be in the dwellings of the Messenger of Allah in the highest reaches of `Illiyin, above the dwellings of all the people, in Al-Wasilah which is the closest of the dwellings of Paradise to the Throne.

﴿ينِسَآءَ النَّبِىِّ لَسْتُنَّ كَأَحَدٍ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ إِنِ اتَّقَيْتُنَّ فَلاَ تَخْضَعْنَ بِالْقَوْلِ فَيَطْمَعَ الَّذِى فِى قَلْبِهِ مَرَضٌ وَقُلْنَ قَوْلاً مَّعْرُوفاً - وَقَرْنَ فِى بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلاَ تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَـهِلِيَّةِ الاٍّولَى وَأَقِمْنَ الصَّلَوةَ وَءَاتِينَ الزَّكَـوةَ وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُـمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيــراً - وَاذْكُـرْنَ مَا يُتْـلَى فِى بُيُوتِكُـنَّ مِنْ ءَايَـتِ اللَّهِ وَالْحِكْــمَةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ لَطِيفاً خَبِيراً ﴾

(32. O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep you have Taqwa, then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner.) (33. And stay in your houses, and do not Tabarruj yourselves like the Tabarruj of the times of ignorance, and perform the Salah, and give Zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah wishes only to remove the Ar-Rijs from you, O members of the family, and to purify you with a thorough purification.) (34. And remember, that which is recited in your houses of the Ayat of Allah and Al-Hikmah. Verily, Allah is Ever Most Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things.)
Quran Surat alahzab

a_stranger

There was a mistake in copying sorry :

﴿ينِسَآءَ النَّبِىِّ لَسْتُنَّ كَأَحَدٍ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ إِنِ اتَّقَيْتُنَّ فَلاَ تَخْضَعْنَ بِالْقَوْلِ فَيَطْمَعَ الَّذِى فِى قَلْبِهِ مَرَضٌ وَقُلْنَ قَوْلاً مَّعْرُوفاً - وَقَرْنَ فِى بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلاَ تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَـهِلِيَّةِ الاٍّولَى وَأَقِمْنَ الصَّلَوةَ وَءَاتِينَ الزَّكَـوةَ وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُـمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيــراً - وَاذْكُـرْنَ مَا يُتْـلَى فِى بُيُوتِكُـنَّ مِنْ ءَايَـتِ اللَّهِ وَالْحِكْــمَةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ لَطِيفاً خَبِيراً ﴾

(32. O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep you have Taqwa, then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner.) (33. And stay in your houses, and do not Tabarruj yourselves like the Tabarruj of the times of ignorance, and perform the Salah, and give Zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah wishes only to remove the Ar-Rijs from you, O members of the family, and to purify you with a thorough purification.) (34. And remember, that which is recited in your houses of the Ayat of Allah and Al-Hikmah. Verily, Allah is Ever Most Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things.)

a_stranger

These are the good manners which Allah enjoined upon the wives of the Prophet so that they would be an example for the women of the Ummah to follow. Allah said, addressing the wives of the Prophet that they should fear Allah as He commanded them, and that no other woman is like them or can be their equal in virtue and status. Then Allah says:

﴿فَلاَ تَخْضَعْنَ بِالْقَوْلِ﴾

(then be not soft in speech,) As-Suddi and others said, this means, do not be gentle in speech when addressing men. Allah says:

﴿فَيَطْمَعَ الَّذِى فِى قَلْبِهِ مَرَضٌ﴾

(lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire,) means, something unclean.

﴿وَقُلْنَ قَوْلاً مَّعْرُوفاً﴾

(but speak in an honorable manner.) Ibn Zayd said: "Decent and honorable talk that is known to be good.'' This means that she should address non-Mahram men in a manner in which there is no softness, i.e., a woman should not address a non-Mahram man in the same way that she addresses her husband.

﴿وَقَرْنَ فِى بُيُوتِكُنَّ﴾

(And stay in your houses,) means, stay in your houses and do not come out except for a purpose. One of the purposes mentioned in Shari`ah is prayer in the Masjid, so long as the conditions are fulfilled, as the Messenger of Allah said:

«لَا تَمْنَعُوا إِمَاءَ اللهِ مَسَاجِدَ اللهِ وَلْيَخْرُجْنَ وَهُنَّ تَفِلَات»

(Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from the Masjids of Allah, but have them go out without wearing fragrance.) According to another report:

«وَبُيُوتُهُنَّ خَيْرٌ لَهُن»

(even though their houses are better for them.)

﴿وَلاَ تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَـهِلِيَّةِ الاٍّولَى﴾

(and do not Tabarruj yourselves like the Tabarruj of the times of ignorance,) Mujahid said: "Women used to go out walking in front of men, and this was the Tabarruj of Jahiliyyah.'' Qatadah said:

(and do not Tabarruj yourselves like the Taburruj of the times of ignorance,) "When they go out of their homes walking in a shameless and flirtatious manner, and Allah, may He be exalted, forbade that.'' Muqatil bin Hayyan said:

(and do not Tabarruj yourselves like the Tabarruj of the times of ignorance,) "Tabarruj is when a woman puts a Khimar on her head but does not tie it properly.'' So her necklaces, earrings and neck, and all of that can be seen. This is Tabarruj, and Allah addresses all the women of the believers with regard to Tabarruj.

﴿وَأَقِمْنَ الصَّلَوةَ وَءَاتِينَ الزَّكَـوةَ وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ﴾

(and perform the Salah, and give Zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger.) Allah first forbids them from evil, then He enjoins them to do good by establishing regular prayer, which means worshipping Allah alone with no partner or associate, and paying Zakah, which means doing good to other people.

﴿وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ﴾

(and obey Allah and His Messenger.) This is an instance of something specific being followed by something general.

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu alaikum,

I think the relationship between Muslim brothers and sisters is summed up well From Quran 9:71

The believing men and believing women are are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors, allies) of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.