Love

hayat_yahya

When a person experiences love, their whole life changes and they feel two extremes:
- a sense of joy which can get so extreme where you feel that you can accomplish anything;
- feeling hopeless, exhausted and sad because the ‘other half’ isn’t there.

The person usually experiences no.1 when they are with the person that they love or after they have met with them, and the person experiences no.2 if they haven’t contacted them for a while, or if it had ended.

When a person really has fallen for someone, they feel that their whole life is surrounded around them. They may even obey that person in matters which contradict islaam, which obviously isn’t the right thing to do.

There are 4 types of love:

1) Divine Love – which is specifically for Allaah alone and none should be loved divinely more than Allaah.
2) Love for the sake of Allaah, which is love for the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the companions and the righteous etc.
3) Love of the permissible: wives/husband, children, parents etc. or love of food, water, clothing etc.
4) Love of any other deity besides Allaah, such as something which contradicts what Allah has ordered us to do etc. which isn’t permitted.

1)
The person has to have divine love for Allaah only, which is compulsory in islaam. It is not permitted that a person’s love for anything else goes against the commandments of Allaah.
2) We also have to love the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) more than we love ourselves – this is needed in order to perfect faith. [check tafsir ibn kathir Qur'an 9:24]
3) The 3rd love is a permissible love but it can either lead to sin [if the person disobeys Allah in order to please the creation] or it can lead to reward if the believer has the intention of pleasing Allah.
4) The 4th love is what stops a disbeliever from coming closer to Allah, it may be something else worshipped instead of Allah, such as an idol, a person, the persons desires etc. We should seek refuge in Allah from this.

Most people who fall into haraam love usually don’t understand islaam properly. They might start off with desire, and gradually be played into falling in love with the person. However, one has to realize that no love is real, no love is really lasting – unless it is done for the sake of Allah. This is why love which is done while disobeying Allah is usually broken, ends up in hurt, and both people usually end up as enemies, or go down other evil after this, unless Allah saves them and blesses them in hidaayah (guidance).

Hatty

Thanks sister for the post. Very interesting. May Allah reward you...

However, one has to realize that no love is real, no love is really lasting – unless it is done for the sake of Allah.

What do you mean by the above? please explain more. I think when people feel or experience love - it is real. But maybe this love is temporary, or maybe we realize later that we give our love to undeserving person or cause...Nevertheless, that feeling was real...

hayat_yahya

However, one has to realize that no love is real, no love is really lasting – unless it is done for the sake of Allah.

What do you mean by the above? please explain more. I think when people feel or experience love - it is real. But maybe this love is temporary, or maybe we realize later that we give our love to undeserving person or cause...Nevertheless, that feeling was real...

ameen...

If your love is true, you would feel an aversion for anything that does not remind you of the one you love. How odd! Whoever claims to love and needs to be reminded of his beloved, then his love is not complete! The least thing that shows your love is that you never forget your beloved” ~ Ibn Qayyim

Every love that leads away from His love is in fact a punishment; only a love that leads to His love is a heartfelt and pure love~ Ibn Qayyim

No love is real unless it is done for the sake of Allah as it is not pure and becomes a disease of the heart and a means of punishment...

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال

Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

The other posts have explained it quite well, alhamdulilla. But I thought I'd add a little.

Don't mixed up the means with The End. The means is whatever that we face and go through in this life. Be it good or bad. And this include our love to human beings and other thing that Allaah has mentioned in the Quran [3:14]. But all these means should only bring us to The End: Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala. It's a matter on how you see it, on how you reflect on everything that has happened in your life.

After all, this was the reason why humans and jinns are created. To worship Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

"And I (Allaah) did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me" [51:56]

Listen to this moving lecture and inshaAllaah you'll have a better understanding and a deeper perspective on how one should strive for Akhiraah and how to look at this Dunya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BLtk1DqOs&feature=related

:wasalam:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
A sweet thread with nice reminders...

I pray this reaches many...

Jazakallah Khair sister, for sharing this with us... :)

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa alaikum salaam

this is why the prophet Muhammad salallahu alahi wa salaam said, " we should love in moderation and hate in moderation because they one you love today, you may have to hate them tomorrow and vice versa."

Thanks for posting.

helpinghumanity

Your post reminded me of the love Zulaikha had for Prophet Yusuf.

Can I add another category of love? If yes..

1) Love for the Creation

When a person experiences love, their whole life changes and they feel two extremes:
- a sense of joy which can get so extreme where you feel that you can accomplish anything;

The person usually experiences no.1 when they are with the person that they love or after they have met with them, and the person experiences no.2 if they haven’t contacted them for a while, or if it had ended.

When a person really has fallen for someone, they feel that their whole life is surrounded around them. They may even obey that person in matters which contradict islaam, which obviously isn’t the right thing to do.

1) Divine Love – which is specifically for Allaah alone and none should be loved divinely more than Allaah.
2) Love for the sake of Allaah, which is love for the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the companions and the righteous etc.
3) Love of the permissible: wives/husband, children, parents etc. or love of food, water, clothing etc.
4) Love of any other deity besides Allaah, such as something which contradicts what Allah has ordered us to do etc. which isn’t permitted.

1)
The person has to have divine love for Allaah only, which is compulsory in islaam. It is not permitted that a person’s love for anything else goes against the commandments of Allaah.
2) We also have to love the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) more than we love ourselves – this is needed in order to perfect faith. [check tafsir ibn kathir Qur'an 9:24]
3) The 3rd love is a permissible love but it can either lead to sin [if the person disobeys Allah in order to please the creation] or it can lead to reward if the believer has the intention of pleasing Allah.
4) The 4th love is what stops a disbeliever from coming closer to Allah, it may be something else worshipped instead of Allah, such as an idol, a person, the persons desires etc. We should seek refuge in Allah from this.

Most people who fall into haraam love usually don’t understand islaam properly. They might start off with desire, and gradually be played into falling in love with the person. However, one has to realize that no love is real, no love is really lasting – unless it is done for the sake of Allah. This is why love which is done while disobeying Allah is usually broken, ends up in hurt, and both people usually end up as enemies, or go down other evil after this, unless Allah saves them and blesses them in hidaayah (guidance).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am always stuck by the Love that our Creator has for us. I become simply dumbfounded; He is always Near; He hears our supplication to Him and He readily answers. He loves us. And we are still needy.

MuslimShadow

1)

i'm really low on this subject but the post is really good.:mashallah:

afshankausar

Assalaamualaikum
what if somebody loves Allaah, fears from doing anything which brings Allaah wrath upon...and start loving somebody with the hope that one day this love will bring peace and fullfillment in life..but still it ends up leaving the person shattered...what should one make herself understand then.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet sister...that which is with Allah subhana wa taala is better. Trust me on this one.

afshankausar

Jazak Allaahu khyir
but love with almighty Allaah is something which resided deep down in heart, the one who loves Allaah, loves him no with no reason. I love Allaah because my heart longs for him. But we human being need human beings to love, we also need to be loved. What if we are loving Allaah sincerely, but our heart also longs for somebody else and we feel that if we could be with the person we love, we could be a better person, we could be happier...Then ?