Quick Question about Salaat during rain.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Today, as we had stormy weather, our Imaam chose to pray salaatul 'Isha immediately after salaatul maghrib as the jama'ah might find it difficult to come again and we all prayed behind him. Is there any evidence for this?

Jazakum Allahu khyir.

esperanza

revert of many years
salam ..well from what iknow from living in an islamic country,,,yes in severe weather ,,they will pray maghreb and isha togehter in bad weather
and even ithink dhuhr and asr

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

Today, as we had stormy weather, our Imaam chose to pray salaatul 'Isha immediately after salaatul maghrib as the jama'ah might find it difficult to come again and we all prayed behind him. Is there any evidence for this?

Jazakum Allahu khyir.

asalaam aleykum

if i was in his position I will surely do the same
(wa LLAH Yaalam)

~~~~if looking for evidence~~~~
Is we are humans with brains to think and act~~should and emergency such as that arise.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
asalaam aleykum

if i was in his position I will surely do the same
(wa LLAH Yaalam)

~~~~if looking for evidence~~~~
Is we are humans with brains to think and act~~should and emergency such as that arise.
:wasalam:

this is not about brains and humans, this is about deen and what the islamic ruling is on such a matter.

DanyalSAC

Jazakum Allahu khyir.

Wa alaikum salaam. I asked the same question last year or so. We have a shaykh in our congregation named Jamal Zarabozo and when he gives the khutbah on rainy days he will combine asr with the Jumuah prayer. He said that the scholars "disagree" but there is precedent - he didn't say which scholars support it. But since Sh Jamal is a preeminent scholar I tend to follow what he says...

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Wa alaikum salaam. I asked the same question last year or so. We have a shaykh in our congregation named Jamal Zarabozo and when he gives the khutbah on rainy days he will combine asr with the Jumuah prayer. He said that the scholars "disagree" but there is precedent - he didn't say which scholars support it. But since Sh Jamal is a preeminent scholar I tend to follow what he says...

JazakAllahu khyir for the reply, brother. I have heard of his work on forty hadeeth of an-nawawi. Sheikh Jamal's opinion, in this issue, is the same as that of Islamqa.com. may Allah bless him.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
may Allah bless you all for taking time to reply.

Thank you

And what is the Islamic RULING ON SUCH A MATTER ?

assalaamu alaykkum brother...
This is what I have found out.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/105109/
... 3. Reasons which make it permissible to join or shorten prayers

The reasons which make it permissible to join prayers are broader than those which make it permissible to shorten them. Joining prayers is permissible for every traveller, and for the non-traveller if it is too difficult for him to offer every prayer on time, such as one who is sick, or if there is rain, or he is busy with some work that he cannot delay in order to pray, such as a student taking an exam or a doctor who is doing surgery and so on.

With regard to shortening prayers, that is only permissible when travelling.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (22/293):

The reason for shortening prayers is travelling only, and it is not permissible in situations other than travelling. As for joining prayers, the reason for it is need and excuses, so if a person needs to he may join both shortened and full-length prayers whilst travelling, and he may join prayers when it is raining and so on, or because of sickness and the like, and for other reasons, because the purpose behind it is to spare the ummah hardship. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in al-Liqa’ al-Shahri (60/11):

Joining prayers is broader in scope than shortening them, i.e., the reasons for doing so are more numerous.

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/31172

Is it permissible to join Zuhr and ‘Asr prayers, or Maghrib and ‘Isha’, when it is raining?.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is a concession allowing Maghrib and ‘Isha’ prayers to be joined at the time of Maghrib, with one adhaan and iqaamah for each of them, when there is rain that soaks people’s clothes, when going back to the mosque for ‘Isha’ will cause hardship. This is according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions.

Similarly it is permissible to join them when it is very muddy, according to the correct scholarly view, so as to avoid hardship and difficulty. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78]

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

Abaan ibn ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) joined Maghrib and ‘Isha’ on rainy nights, when there was a group of senior scholars from among the Taabi’een, and it is not known that any of them objected, so that meant there was consensus.

That was mentioned by Ibn Qudaamah in al-Mughni. It is also allowed for a person who is very sick to join Zuhr and ‘Asr at the time of either of them, depending on what is easier for him, and he can join Maghrib and ‘Isha’ likewise, so as to avoid hardship.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhoot al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 8/135.

If it is asked: can we join prayers because of rain in the mosque or at home? The answer is:

What is prescribed is for the people who pray in the mosque to join their prayers if there is a reason that justifies joining them, such as rain, so as to attain the reward of praying in congregation whilst also being kind to the people. This is what it says in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

With regard to joining the prayers at home for the reason mentioned, that is not permissible because it is not narrated in sharee’ah and there is no excuse that would permit joining the prayers.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 8/134.