Chapli Kabab

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum WarahmatullahI wabarakaatu

I am looking for the authentic recipe for Chapli Kabab. There are lot of recipes on the internet but with different versions so looking for the original recipe from natives

khangul

your sister
:salam2:

ok bro here is the recipe

1/2 lb ground beef with fat (fat make it soft and tasty)

2 tbs cumin seeds
2 tbs coriander seeds
red chilly crushed (to taste)
onion 2 medium size
egg 1
green chilli 1
oil for frying.
corn flour 2 tbs

first roast coriander and cumin seeds on a skillet and crush it.Chop the onion in a very small pieces or chop in in a food processor and drain all the water from onions make it like dry.Put all the ingredients together and mix it make a medium size of kabab in ovel shape and fry it in a pan.

chapli_kabab_munaty.jpg

Abu Talib

Feeling low

2 tbs cumin seeds
2 tbs coriander seeds
onion 2 medium size
egg 1
green chilli 1
oil for frying.
corn flour 2 tbs

wa`alaykumassalam

JazakAllaah for the recipe. When I make this the kebab shrinks and also breaks while frying a major problem is flipping it over. Why did you add corn flour?

Believer1985

2 tbs cumin seeds
2 tbs coriander seeds
onion 2 medium size
egg 1
green chilli 1
oil for frying.
corn flour 2 tbs

wa`alaykumassalam

JazakAllaah for the recipe. When I make this the kebab shrinks and also breaks while frying a major problem is flipping it over. Why did you add corn flour?

My Mum uses Gram Flour (besan). That keep it together so the mixture won't fall apart during cooking.

Yes, kebabs do often shrink, but is the normal way. When you put the raw flat meat into the oil, make it a bit bigger than usual so that when it does shrink, it won't go too small.

khangul

your sister

2 tbs cumin seeds
2 tbs coriander seeds
onion 2 medium size
egg 1
green chilli 1
oil for frying.
corn flour 2 tbs

wa`alaykumassalam

bro inshallah try with egg and corn flour it wont shrink much and wont break.we used corn flour for tenderness and shrinking too.And when you add onions pressed it so all the water drains away.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

JazakAllahu Khair for the recipe! I made these last week, and they turned out really good.

I edited the recipe a bit and added in a slice of tomato in the middle of each kabab. It made it even more soft and moist.