will he forgive?

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Assalaam Allaikum

Sister , no it is not wrong Infact that is what you will do in dua. and you will only know on Day of Judgement that have allah forgiven your sins or not. But Allah is Most Mercifull so inshallah make dua regularly for repentence from Allah. and try your very most most Best not to commit that thing again for which you asked for repentence.

Walaikum Assslaam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

dear sister, its really nice to see how much u are keen to know about small small things about Islam and how things to be done in the light of quran and sunnah. May Allah increase your imaan and make his deen easy for you. Asking Allah for forgiveness is a virtue sister and as u know the very first chapter of the Quran starts with a prayer. This is the prayer Allah taught us.

Al-Fatiha
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful​

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, (1) The Beneficent, the Merciful. (2) Owner of the Day of Judgment, (3) Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help. (4) Show us the straight path, (5) The path of those whom Thou hast favoured. (6) Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray. (7)

and at many other places Allah tells us the importance of seeking forgiveness and asking him for guidence and mercy.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. (186)

Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget, or miss the mark! Our Lord! Lay not on us such a burden as thou didst lay on those before us! Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear! Pardon us, absolve us and have mercy on us, Thou, our Protector, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk. (286)

And your Lord hath said: Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer. Lo! those who scorn My service, they will enter hell, disgraced.

(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

Sister here i am quoting some of the duaas of Ambiya (Prophets) (AS) as mentioned in the Quran,

Adam and Hawwa (AS)

They said: Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If thou forgive us not and have not mercy on us, surely we are of the lost! (23)

Nooh (AS)

Noah said: "O my Lord! I do seek refuge with Thee, lest I ask Thee for that of which I have no knowledge. And unless thou forgive me and have Mercy on me, I should indeed be lost!"

"O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no increase but in perdition!"

Ibrahim (AS)

My Lord! Make me to establish proper worship, and some of my posterity (also); our Lord! and accept my prayer. (40) Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast. (41)

"O my Lord! bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous;
And give unto me a good report in later generations.
And place me among the inheritors of the Garden of Delight,
And abase me not on the day when they are raised

Our Lord! Make us not a prey for those who disbelieve, and forgive us, our Lord! Lo! Thou, only Thou, are the Mighty, the Wise.

Yousuf (AS)

"My Lord! You have indeed bestowed on me of the sovereignty, and taught me something of the interpretation of dreams - the (Only) Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Walî (Protector, Helper, Supporter, Guardian, God, Lord.) in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim (the one submitting to Your Will), and join me with the righteous." (101)

Moosa (AS)

And Mûsa (Moses) said: "O my people! If you have believed in Allâh, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims (those who submit to Allâh's Will)." (84) They said: "In Allâh we put our trust. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the folk who are Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doing) (i.e. do not make them overpower us) (85) "And save us by Your Mercy from the disbelieving folk." (86)

Thou sendest whom Thou wilt astray and guidest whom Thou wilt: Thou art our Protecting Friend, therefore forgive us and have mercy on us, Thou, the Best of all who show forgiveness.

Yunus (AS)

There is no god but Thou, glory be to Thee; surely I am of those who make themselves to suffer loss.
So We listened to him: and delivered him from distress: and thus do We deliver those who have faith.

there are many more but right now i only can think of these. Hope it will help inshaAllah. Remember me in your duas like all the prophets (AS) remembered the believers in thier prayers.
Ma'ssalaam

-------------------------------------------------------------

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful- [Az-Zumar]

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Dear sister,
I read your post twice and i think u mean, can u make dua for forgiveness of sins in Salaah (prayer)? if that is so, then sister u must know that we recite Surah Fatiha in every rak'at of every salaah and it itself is a dua. As for asking Allah to forgive sins we do that while we sit at the end of the salaah just before we say As-salaamu-alaikum-wa-rahmat-ullah. Since its in Arabic u must not have realised it and after finishing your salaah u can make any dua as much as u like.
I mentioned few duas of Prophets (AS) from the Quran. You can find many other duas taught by Rasul-Allah SWS and apart from that ask Allah whatever you wish and as u like, ask alot for your parents, its also a sunnah (practice) of the prophets. Allah is your Lord and u can just ask him the way u want for he promises to listen.

And your Lord hath said: Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer.
(Al-Ghafir)

and as far as forgiving of sins is concerned, Allah SWT says,

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
(Az-Zumar)

Ma'ssalaam.

proud muslim

Assalamu alaikum,

Allah is the most beneficient the most merciful..he is much more merciful on us than a mother on her baby...so ofcourse we can ask for his forgiveness in prayer..actually i think we shud ask him for forgiveness..and if we r sincere in our tauba and our duaa isAllah the almighty will forgive us

Assalamu alaikum